Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
spent $5000 in grocery in Dec, never received additional 1x miles on grocery purchase.
I will put it to drawer and cancel it before the anniversity, after the 60k bonus, this card is trash.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by coolguy100
spent $5000 in grocery in Dec, never received additional 1x miles on grocery purchase.
I will put it to drawer and cancel it before the anniversity, after the 60k bonus, this card is trash.
This is what I was afraid of. I guess I'll make a purchase. Pay the annual fee and put the card in a drawer for 9 months.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by danhunterpost
This is what I was afraid of. I guess I'll make a purchase. Pay the annual fee and put the card in a drawer for 9 months.
The whole program is scam. They don't tell you that most partner awards can't be booked online and the call center staff doesn't know what to do so you have to send several screenshots of error messages and flight availability to [email protected] and hope that someone less incompetent can put together your itinerary.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
FYI - miles might be getting clawed back.

via DoC http://www.doctorofcredit.com/recap-...my-passengers/
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:16 pm

Frankly, anyone who cancels their credit card deserves to get their miles clawed back. 60K miles for $149, one way business class to Europe is incredibly worthwhile.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Frankly, anyone who cancels their credit card deserves to get their miles clawed back. 60K miles for $149, one way business class to Europe is incredibly worthwhile.
Not saying I agreed with the tactic just wanted to inform.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Not saying I agreed with the tactic just wanted to inform.
I know, my comments weren't directed at you.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:38 pm

I guess it depends who you ask. $149 can be pricey. Especially when a credit card issuer is taking a lot of your information (ssn, income and a lot more in this case) to not deliver on what they "promise" points whose. Based on this thread the bank is iffy at best when it comes to activating cards or "unlocking" then as well as providing points users are owed based on what the agreement the used agreed to when applying for the card and taking a hard pull as well as providing all of the information noted above.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:14 am

I know, my comments weren't directed at you.
Touche, almost reminds me of the South Park exponential troll explanation recently haha
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
However, I have an issue with miscalculation of the miles for actual spending. They have given 1x miles for spending on groceries/gas, 2x miles for spending on Avianca and 0x miles for other spending. It should be 2x for groceries/gas, 3x for Avianca and 1x for other stuff. When I called to ask, they said their system is down all weekend for maintenance so try to call back on Monday.
FWIW, I have this morning (over a month later) received the correct bonus miles for the February statement spending in various categories.

In the meanwhile, my March statement spending has posted zero miles so far, even though it closed 12 days ago.

Lower my expectations even further I guess...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:24 am

I met spending (one purchase of $1.99) in January.

My statement closed March 14.

No welcome bonus or points from purchase has been credited.

Called the bank and was told it can take 60-90 days.

Any recent data-points on this?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:51 am

Worth noting, I have had my account opened for 1 month, received my statement and the $149 annual fee was the only charge. I still haven't received my card in the mail but I did get the 60K bonus deposited.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by danhunterpost
Worth noting, I have had my account opened for 1 month, received my statement and the $149 annual fee was the only charge. I still haven't received my card in the mail but I did get the 60K bonus deposited.
Wow, such a 180 from my own experience. My card has been opened for 3 months and met the spending and what have you, but no bonus points! So random.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:44 am

Alright. Two statements later since I met my 'spending' and still no sign of the new cardmember sign-up bonus miles. I didn't even get the 2 miles from my purchase! Calling them yields no meaningful answers. Something doesn't smell right. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Alright. Two statements later since I met my 'spending' and still no sign of the new cardmember sign-up bonus miles. I didn't even get the 2 miles from my purchase! Calling them yields no meaningful answers. Something doesn't smell right. Any suggestions?
I had 2 months worth of pending miles suddenly show up this morning so you may want to check again today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.