Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LM credit card coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Bolded mine.

With other cards, miles typically won't post until the statement actually closes. Does the bolded mean the statement hasn't actually closed yet? I'd at least wait until a few days after it closes.
Correct, the second statement closes in the next few days. Will report back.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:50 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Has anybody been through "reconsiderations" with this bank.
Apparently you cant call them directly and neither can you banker.

Crazy bank.
Any reconsideration results here?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:37 am
soy

Programs: various
I got declined because they couldn't verify my identity, which itself is strange and has not happened me before. Normally if this happens you expect the bank asks you to send in info to prove your identity, but not Banco Popular, they just send an autobot email telling you that you are declined. Calling up does not help either as they cannot do anything. They told me to reply to the letter that they would send.....but guess what, no letter arrived either.
This bank are beyond incompetant
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:24 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by soy
I got declined because they couldn't verify my identity, which itself is strange and has not happened me before. Normally if this happens you expect the bank asks you to send in info to prove your identity, but not Banco Popular, they just send an autobot email telling you that you are declined. Calling up does not help either as they cannot do anything. They told me to reply to the letter that they would send.....but guess what, no letter arrived either.
This bank are beyond incompetant
interesting, same thing happened to me. same reason but no letter ever arrived either. In branch banker cant see to do anything. nor can mgn of branch. I have extensive relationship with bank, biz, per and sav accts.
I was told by branch employees this was not unusual.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:13 am

Thanks everyone!

The 60K bonus posted 3 days after the closing of my 2nd statement.^
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:09 pm

It's a nightmare trying to get approved for the Avianca Vuela card. The website is very glitchy, and they ask ridiculous questions in order to verify your identity (e.g. "what year was your house built?" Who the hell would know this?? It's not even my house!). As a result, I ended up answering "wrong" on the application/identity questionnaire, so now, Popular bank requires proof of my residence.

That's what I was told when I called them twice today to check the status of my application. Both reps said I am approved, but I have to submit a phone or electric bill with my name on it, in addition to my Social Security card.
But, the issue is that I live in my father's 2-family house, and the electric bill is under his name. I pay him cash (I even checked the "I live with family" box on their application, so, of all people, they should understand this situation the most). I also don't get a paper phone bill, as I only have a cell phone, and my payments are automatically deducted from my credit card online.
When I asked if some other form of documentation was acceptable, they said no. So, I have no proof to provide them.

When I requested a link to upload my documents (should I somehow manage to turn up something that will satisfy them), I was given Banco Popular's website address. Sigh, I mean, c'mon, I needed them to tell me this? It was obvious these reps had no interest in actually assisting their customers, and wanted to get rid of them quickly to go on their breaks.

This bank is really in over their heads. Such a shame that someone with my credit is going to have to forfeit 60k miles because of a technicality. What's even worse is that I will probably never attempt to apply for a Banco Popular credit card again. Not after what they put me through. I've never had to go to such lengths for a credit card. I felt as though I was applying for a mortgage-- a mortgage that I ended up not being able to get.

Last edited by joer1212; Feb 18, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:36 pm

I have the same issue with income verification. They are supposed to send me a letter, never got one
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by mattack4000
I have the same issue with income verification. They are supposed to send me a letter, never got one
This bank is incompetent. I am actually starting to become wary that, even if they send me the card, my miles will never post. You can't trust this bank.

Last edited by joer1212; Feb 18, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:56 am

My second statement closed on 18FEB17 and the 60000 bonus miles posted to my account the same day.

However, I have an issue with miscalculation of the miles for actual spending. They have given 1x miles for spending on groceries/gas, 2x miles for spending on Avianca and 0x miles for other spending. It should be 2x for groceries/gas, 3x for Avianca and 1x for other stuff. When I called to ask, they said their system is down all weekend for maintenance so try to call back on Monday.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
my card has been locked and can't be used since 12/27/2016. tried many phone calls and gone to nowhere. finally able to use it yesterday. I had made about $5k grocery purchase before the card was locked (12/27). 3 statements later, only 5k miles have been posted (plus 60k bonus), never seen the other 5k grocery extra miles (grocery purchase is supposed to receiver 2x miles). I will put it to the drawer for now.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by B747-437B
My second statement closed on 18FEB17 and the 60000 bonus miles posted to my account the same day.

However, I have an issue with miscalculation of the miles for actual spending. They have given 1x miles for spending on groceries/gas, 2x miles for spending on Avianca and 0x miles for other spending. It should be 2x for groceries/gas, 3x for Avianca and 1x for other stuff. When I called to ask, they said their system is down all weekend for maintenance so try to call back on Monday.
their system is semi down all the time, not just weekend.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by coolguy100
their system is semi down all the time, not just weekend.
I emailed Popular bank my proof of address last night in order to get my approved Visa Vuela credit card sent to me. But, after reading all the horror stories here, I'm beginning to regret even applying for this card. I'm thinking that there's a good chance my miles will never post, even after paying the hefty $149 annual fee. I've never doubted the integrity or competence of a bank, but there's a first time for everything.

Last edited by joer1212; Feb 19, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:05 pm

When using the promo code for 60k, is there any sort of verification? The review page for me still shows 40k.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by bejis00
When using the promo code for 60k, is there any sort of verification? The review page for me still shows 40k.
Nope, no verification at all. You enter it and cross your fingers.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
Applied on 2/6, received card 6 days later, made one purchase and points showed up today, 2/22. So a total of 16 days. Maybe I just got lucky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.