Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why not try calling?

these kinds of things dont usually crossover though.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: Various
UK Cent have a list of elligible cardholders for the offers. I got an offer for a free night at one of 6/7 upscale hotels just before Christmas.

I called at the weekend to check availability at one of the hotels, and was told I wasn't elligible. I told the agent that my card had been changed due to suspected fraud on that card, and gave her my old card number. She checked that number and all was good from then on in.

It was actually well handled by the agent, and I was actually wondering if I had dialed the right number!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
Originally Posted by SectionChief
I was told last night by PTS that there was no promotion resembling this available.

I just spoke to PTS again and they acknowledged the program as stated by all on this thread. Now the problem is finding a non-blackout date that works for us.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dkelly1110
LOTS of blackout dates
2/24-2/28
3/5-3/7
3/19-3/21
3/23-3/24
3/28-3/31
4/1-4/2
4/15/4/21
It figures-I'll be there 4/16-4/18
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
darn blackout during one of my spring break weekends...wanted to go 3/20-3/22
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RichardMannion, what hotels / chain?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just book the dates I needed (outside of blackout window). Very helpful agent on phone. The deal is you must book at least ONE additional night besides the TWO free nights, which we needed three nights anyway.

All in all after the benefits we will get 3-nights for well less than $100!

Pretty good deal as Hotwire is $93 plus taxes a night without any benefits.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SNAGuy
The deal is you must book at least ONE additional night besides the TWO free nights, which we needed three nights anyway.
Whoa. I just booked and I did not need to book anything beyond the two free nights. YMMV I guess. As mentioned above, they charge a one night deposit at the published rates, the reservation is cancelable up to 2 days prior, and room taxes are charged (in our case, $41.94 per night).
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
RichardMannion, what hotels / chain?
The London NYC
The London West Hollywood
The Beach Club at Boca Raton
El Conquistador Resort and Golden Door Spa - Fajardo. PR
El San Juan Resort, PR
Naples Grande Beach Resort, FL

All but first two offer $100 credit too towards various items.

Was going to use it over the weekend at the London NYC; was told that I could still get FHR benefits of breakfast and late checkout too. Has to be used by end of June.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some people are getting comped, red card style. wynn/encore have been doing LOTS of comps to LOTS of people recently. i guess they saw amex plat/cent as a way to expand on that. considering FHR, probably very smart.

just because others have to pay for 1 or more nights, doesnt change that.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
Whoa. I just booked and I did not need to book anything beyond the two free nights. YMMV I guess. As mentioned above, they charge a one night deposit at the published rates, the reservation is cancelable up to 2 days prior, and room taxes are charged (in our case, $41.94 per night).

I second this outcome. I just booked 2 nights only and everything that MumbaiFlyer says here is the same for me.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
i called to get details, got same info, 2 nights, no minimum stay beyond that, choice of Wynn or Encore, was told plat benefits do apply also (she said something about upgrade on availability but wasnt 100% clear on it) same blackout dates, which suck cuz it basically covers all of my spring break, and the promo ends 5 days before my last day of finals...also said when booking be sure to mention the promo to make sure the promo code is correctly entered so u dont end up getting charged the full thing
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
does anybody know if you can do 4/24-4/26. Technically the night is on 4/25 and withing the date range.

I've called twice and one agent said it was ok and another said can't do it. anybody have the T&C so i can read it?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by dkelly1110
LOTS of blackout dates
2/24-2/28
3/5-3/7
3/19-3/21
3/23-3/24
3/28-3/31
4/1-4/2
4/15/4/21
Okay, this is getting way too confusing. I booked March 29-31 without problems (hopefully...) well after this was posted.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MikeE
Okay, this is getting way too confusing. I booked March 29-31 without problems (hopefully...) well after this was posted.
I've also verified that 3/29-3/31 is available. I read this post while on the phone with a PTS agent, flipped through iCal, accidentally went to May instead of March, saw that 3/29-3/31 was a Friday and Saturday and told the agent to book it, not realizing that I wasn't looking at the right month. After ten minutes on hold with the Wynn, she had to turn right back around and re-reserve the original dates. I'm sure if she could have reached through the phone to choke me, she would have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.