Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

I wish ANA would fly to... [route speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT & HILTON DIA

If I had a wish list of routes for ANA, the routes listed below would be on my list. I am based in the US, but I go out of the way to fly ANA because of their amazingly consistent producut.

HND to ORD

HND or NRT to AMS, AKL, ATL, CNX, CPT, DOH, DPS, DXB, IST, JNB, SYD

Any reasons these are good/not so good choices? Other routes worth mentioning?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Isn't there a rumor that NH may be doing a IST route next year?

I think JNB/CPT would be just on the border of pushing the range limits.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
DPS would be useful.

Would love HKT, PPT and OGG but we will likely never see these serviced.

How about before adding more destinations, they fix their meager intra Asia premium cabin product?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:04 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I think KUL would be a reasonable SE Asia destination, especially if MH starts cutting capacity. Otherwise I think NH will focus on new long-haul destinations to Europe and North America (AMS, FCO/MXP, IST, PDX, IAH would be my guesses).

NH *might* start some new flights out of KIX, but there's a reason wags have been calling ANA "All Tokyo Airlines" for a while now

Personally I'd like to see a SYD route, but I guess JL and QF have captured whatever business market exists between Japan and Australia, and NH isn't interested in lower-yielding leisure traffic. Perhaps the 787 will change that.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:05 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by ainternational
Would love HKT, PPT and OGG but we will likely never see these serviced.
These are just the sort of destinations I think ANA will serve via Vanilla Air.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Originally Posted by armagebedar
I think KUL would be a reasonable SE Asia destination, especially if MH starts cutting capacity. Otherwise I think NH will focus on new long-haul destinations to Europe and North America (AMS, FCO/MXP, IST, PDX, IAH would be my guesses).

NH *might* start some new flights out of KIX, but there's a reason wags have been calling ANA "All Tokyo Airlines" for a while now

Personally I'd like to see a SYD route, but I guess JL and QF have captured whatever business market exists between Japan and Australia, and NH isn't interested in lower-yielding leisure traffic. Perhaps the 787 will change that.
PDX is already being rumored for a summer 2015 start.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-n...regon-pdx.html
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: UAL 1k
Well, I know it will never happen, but my dream destination would be CVG. Only because that is where I live and it would keep me from needing to connect through ORD to get to work in NRT.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: NH Plat

ANA are due 9 new aircraft during next supposedly for long haul route expansion. There are rumours for starting AMS, IST, and PDX from NRT. But that doesn't use them all. They have apparently been after an LHR slot for a second flight for a while so that's possible and ANA have been playing it safe by increasing frequency to outstations recently rather than new routes. Or maybe they will replace the 777-200ERs on HND-LAX as they don't seem keen to refurbish them?

Last edited by BalbC; Oct 14, 2014 at 9:41 pm
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by BalbC
ANA are due 9 new aircraft during next supposedly for long haul route expansion. There are rumours for starting AMS, IST, and PDX from NRT. But that doesn't use them all. They have apparently been after an LHR slot for a second flight for a while so that's possible and ANA have been playing it safe by increasing frequency to outstations recently rather than new routes. Or maybe they will replace the 777-200ERs on HND-LAX as they don't seem keen to refurbish them?
It's more likely to be reconfigured into 405-seater for domestic ops, just like what JA707A did (and to a lessor extent, the older 763ERs). Internal sources also suggest that the oldest four domestic 772's are due to be retired soon, so they may need some capacity there.

A bit off topic, but I'm wonder what planes NH will use to retire those 306-seater regional int'l birds. It's worn and tired internally for those birds and they're desperately needing replacement/refurbishment.

Cheers
Michael
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
HND-SFO would be wonderful. Much prefer NH over UA any day.

HND-JFK would be another.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:51 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
BWI, if only to spare me the first-world problem of connecting via an early AM United flight or having someone drop me at IAD when I'm headed to Japan. Last time I got by with my uncle (who worked for Ticketmaster at the time) coming up with a reason to be at Jiffy Lube Live. But hey, no Asia flights have ever run out of BWI.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Isn't there a rumor that NH may be doing a IST route next year?

I think JNB/CPT would be just on the border of pushing the range limits.
JNB is about 13.600 km about 500 km more than AA does with the 777-300ER om DFW to HKG, not considering prevailing winds patterns I would say it would not sound unreasonable from a range perspective. I have flown the route with Thai via Bangkok, and there has been a fair amount of passengers repeating at the gate in Narita and Bangkok, especially for the C cabin. So there might be a route potential.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: ANA, JAL, AA
Any route from KIX/NGO/FUK/CTS to the US would be nice!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by calhk
Any route from KIX/NGO/FUK/CTS to the US would be nice!
Aside from a few of their China routes, probably not happening outside of Nagoya, though you can probably codeshare on UA (via SFO) or AC (YVR seasonal next summer) from KIX.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANA PLAT & HILTON DIA

I did not realize NH stopped their KL flights. It would have been on my list as well. For my last three trips to KUL, I have to use carriers in the other alliances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.