Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:41 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Am in AF-lounge 2B now... yet they deny having a shower here...
Old Feb 5, 2006, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
as shown on their website now, they don't have shower (anymore), I'll edit my post. Thanks for info.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Did a search, but couldn't find an exact answer. Traveling JFK-CDG-SZG. I'm not 100% familiar with CDG as I've only gone through about a dozen times. I'll be arriving on DL at 2E, leaving for SZG at 2D (AF codeshare/Styrian). Which is the fastest way to get from 2E to 2D, the bus or by foot? If by foot, which is the best route? And how about on the return?

Based on my previous experiences, I've padded my connection time enough on the outbound. If I'm arriving at 2E, and going to 2D, are there showers that an Elite Plus could use?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:36 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Did a search, but couldn't find an exact answer. Traveling JFK-CDG-SZG. I'm not 100% familiar with CDG as I've only gone through about a dozen times. I'll be arriving on DL at 2E, leaving for SZG at 2D (AF codeshare/Styrian). Which is the fastest way to get from 2E to 2D, the bus or by foot? If by foot, which is the best route? And how about on the return?

Based on my previous experiences, I've padded my connection time enough on the outbound. If I'm arriving at 2E, and going to 2D, are there showers that an Elite Plus could use?

Thanks in advance.
Your best choice is to go by foot for this connection. There is absolutely no point in taking any bus. When arriving from JFK in 2E:

- Clear immigration in 2E
- Once you are out of the baggage retrieval area, go towards the TGV station. You need to go up one level. Time to reach the moving walkways leading to the TGV station : 5mn
- Head for the TGV station over moving walkways : 5mn
- Cross over to the other side of the terminal : 1mn
- Turn left towards 2D, which you should reach in 5mn.
- You then need to reach your departure gate, another 5mn and go through security check.

(Please note that it usually takes me half the time I have quoted)

- The 2D lounge is located before security check; there are no showers there
- There are 14 showers in the 2C arrivals lounge, but I am not sure that as a DL SkyTeam Elite Plus flying coach, you would be able to use the lounge. If you are flying B/E, there should be no problem.

For your flight back to JFK
- you arrive in the departures area of 2D; it may take you 5mn to reach the moving walkways to the TGV station, depending on the area of 2D where you arrive
- head for the TGV station over moving walkways: 5mn
- cross over to the other side of the building n: 1mn
- head for 2E over another set of moving walkways : 5mn
- go up one level to departures (it is actually half a level)
- head for the isthmus : 5mn
- where you will clear immigration and security, it usually is very quick as 2E is not used so much

And don't forget to enjoy your flights !

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 6, 2006 at 11:40 am
Old Feb 6, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
JOUY31, thanks so much! I always have people heading through CDG look at your posts for information (not that everyone else aren't also helpful).

Is the 2C arrivals lounge airside or landside? If landside, I'll go in next weekend and ask about Elite Plus admission. (Going to CDG for once, instead of through CDG.)

On the return from 2D to 2E, which exit path do I take towards the TGV station? Follow the signs to baggage claim?

Also, since I'll be travelling on DL to JFK, what is your opinion of the AF lounge in the satellite building?

Thanks again.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:43 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Is the 2C arrivals lounge airside or landside? If landside, I'll go in next weekend and ask about Elite Plus admission.
It is indeed landside .

On the return from 2D to 2E, which exit path do I take towards the TGV station? Follow the signs to baggage claim?
There are two baggage claim areas in 2D. When arriving from the jetway into 2D, looking away from the tarmac, you should turn to the left and exit by either a baggage claim area or the entrance/exit where there used to be passport controls a long time ago, just as in 2B today. Turning left ensures that you go to the end of 2D closest to the TGV station. Turning right would lead you to the food court area located between 2D and 2B (wrong direction !!)

Also, since I'll be travelling on DL to JFK, what is your opinion of the AF lounge in the satellite building?
Unfortunately, I haven't ever used this lounge yet. Reports from other posters indicate that it is a full fledged lounge, although the lounge in the 2E building itself is probably the best AF business class lounge.

Good luck !
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
It is indeed landside .

Unfortunately, I haven't ever used this lounge yet. Reports from other posters indicate that it is a full fledged lounge, although the lounge in the 2E building itself is probably the best AF business class lounge.
Is there a difference between the 2C arrival lounge with respect to the amenities, or are the other lounges in 2E/F comparable? For example, other lounges have showers but don't bill themselves as "arrival lounges" per se. I've never tried any of the other lounges on arrival and was going to give the one in 2E or F a try instead of walking down to 2C, unless the 2C one is markedly better. Thoughts, opinions?
Old Feb 16, 2006, 10:54 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Arrival lounge is special in the way that you can access it without going through security. If you arrive in 2E you are not able to access the lounge only when departing from this terminal.
Arrival lounge has plenty of shower and a better selection for breakfast. There are 3 flat massage seats that you may use to take a nap if you have time and need to rest. Beside this it is rather small and nothin

If your flying patern allow you to go to the main Terminal E lounge then you have very nice showers in a nice large lounge but for this you need to have a flight departing from 2E.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Pauillac
Arrival lounge is special in the way that you can access it without going through security. If you arrive in 2E you are not able to access the lounge only when departing from this terminal.

If your flying patern allow you to go to the main Terminal E lounge then you have very nice showers in a nice large lounge but for this you need to have a flight departing from 2E.
Thank you for the prompt reply. I'd be arriving at 2F, so I suppose I could use that lounge instead of 2C's. (I'm not continuing my trip until the following day, so 2E is not a possibility) Do you (or anyone else) have an opinion of 2F's lounge as opposed to 2C's? I appreciate the advice.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maplelift
Thank you for the prompt reply. I'd be arriving at 2F, so I suppose I could use that lounge instead of 2C's. (I'm not continuing my trip until the following day, so 2E is not a possibility) Do you (or anyone else) have an opinion of 2F's lounge as opposed to 2C's? I appreciate the advice.
are you talking about the 2C ARRIVAL lounge compared to 2E/2F departure lounges? the only ARRIVAL LOUNGE IS IN 2C
, all other are departure lounges

my personal rating is

2E departure (in terminal building, there's a 2nd in satellite terminal, depends on your departure gate)
2C arrival
2F2 departure lounge
2C departure lounge can get really crowded
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb
are you talking about the 2C ARRIVAL lounge compared to 2E/2F departure lounges? the only ARRIVAL LOUNGE IS IN 2C
, all other are departure lounges
Appreciate the reply.

Yes, the 2C Arrival lounges vs. the 2E/F departure lounges, which also have showers. I only travel occasionally to CDG, and haven't tried the 2F lounge upon arrival (for a shower and some breakfast, etc.) as opposed to walking over to the 2C landside arrival lounge which I've used previously. For example, do you get clothes pressing at the 2F lounge if you need it? Are the showers as nice as at 2C?
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maplelift
Appreciate the reply.

Yes, the 2C Arrival lounges vs. the 2E/F departure lounges, which also have showers. I only travel occasionally to CDG, and haven't tried the 2F lounge upon arrival (for a shower and some breakfast, etc.) as opposed to walking over to the 2C landside arrival lounge which I've used previously. For example, do you get clothes pressing at the 2F lounge if you need it? Are the showers as nice as at 2C?
what are you flying, you can access departure lounge only with sameday boarding pass for a departing flight, arrival lounge only when arriving same day from long distance. i try to figure out your flights to be able to use both. DXB-CDG-YYZ or similar? then you'd have the choice between both and then - if I was you - I'd stay in 2F departure lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by chrissxb
what are you flying, you can access departure lounge only with sameday boarding pass for a departing flight, arrival lounge only when arriving same day from long distance. i try to figure out your flights to be able to use both. DXB-CDG-YYZ or similar? then you'd have the choice between both and then - if I was you - I'd stay in 2F departure lounge.
Ah, I understand now. I'm going YYZ-CDG-BOD, but I've a day stopover first before my onward flt., so I guess it's over to 2C.

Thanks again for the help!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 8:39 am

Back from my skiing holiday ! There is no pressing service in departures lounges and there are 13 or 14 nice showers in the arrivals lounge as well as one for the physically impaired ( I hope I did get the US PC style wording correctly !).

When I have the time, I always go to the arrivals lounge rather than to any departures lounge, except for the 2E one.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 5:45 am

Merci, Jouy31. The next time I connect through 2E I will give this lounge a try.

Now I have to figure out how to keep my new 7+ lb laptop and a week's worth of clothes under the 12 kilo carry on limit...

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.