Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: E35k
Originally Posted by Canibus
Maybe go through the check-in process again? EF for tomorrow's AC 825 shows:

J8 C8 D8 Z8 P0 R4 O0 E0 N0 Y2 B2 M2 U2 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0

Looks like Y may be overbooked so they may look at moving people from Y to J.

Originally Posted by jc94
Even if J is full there's still a chance something will open up, but it's unlikely and would be very expensive. But as mentioned from EF there is space, and the upgrade list assuming it's 825 shows 8 spaces in J with no one waiting for an upgrade. It shows Y and PY full.

if they're overbooked by 8 or more, I can see them not offering LMU (yet) though. Check in again, you can even check again at the airport to see what the options are.
Thank you both for the help! I'll keep an eye on it
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:04 pm

Are LMUs being offered for domestic Premium Economy?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:23 am

Question on LMU baggage allowance on a Tango fare and connecting flights:

I'm on a YYC-YUL-LGA flight in a few days, booked on a Tango fare. I'm non-AC Star Silver, so get one free bag.

I have a bunch of stuff to take with me, so expect to pay for a second bag. Were I to buy a LMU on the second segment only, would that J segment provide me with the J baggage allowance for the full trip?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
Just to give an alternative data point on the crazy LMU pricing that we all know AC does.

I just flew AKL-PER which is about 7.5 hours. I was in a cheap economy fare. $399 put me in ANZ's premium economy on their 787. Which is a fantastic seat, great food and amazing service.

..it was also the LAST available seat in the PE cabin
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
Yyz-Lga ac726 $94 plus tax accepted.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: AC*SE
I'm on AC90 (YYZ-GRU) this evening. Checking in at T-24 and there was an LMU (PY to J) available. I enter my credit card, there's the spinning "processing your request" plane, and then a screen with "a paid upgrade is no longer available".

I've tried it multiple times since; each time the same result. There are still J seats available for sale.

Has anyone had this happen? Any suggestions other than waiting to check in at the airport and hoping the paid upgrade is still available? This is beyond frustrating.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AC MM+
Your upgrade went through. I get this all the time. Go to the upgrade page and you'll see that it went through.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by mamau
Your upgrade went through. I get this all the time. Go to the upgrade page and you'll see that it went through.
Are you sure you're talking about a paid upgrade ($) and not an eUp?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Failing it having gone through (which I agree with mamau is likely) ... phone them.
Check for seat selection on a PC (as mobile is notoriously unreliable to even show your new seat let alone one to be picked) and you should be able to pick from J.

Then check your credit card that you didn't pay 7 times.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:28 am

YUL-NYC for CAD 94, including free luggage, lounge access, etc. I was surprised though when during the flight I was told I could only get food (a small salmon plate) if there was some left after all passengers in the cabin would be served. I asked the FA why and she said there was an upgrade code on the manifest with the ML* mention which means no food. I told her my upgrade was not free and she said she would report this.

Last edited by af fp; Aug 28, 2017 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
EWR - YYZ tango fare $69us accepted.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by af fp
I have not seen a thread about upgrades offered at check-in (no bidding), for short-haul flights, in my case it was YUL-NYC for CAD 90, including free luggage, lounge access, etc. I was surprised though when during the flight I was told I could only get food (a small salmon plate) if there was some left after all passengers in the cabin would be served. I asked the FA why and she said there was an upgrade code on the manifest with the ML* mention which means no food. I told her my upgrade was not free and she said she would report this.
That's an LMU, and they've been around way longer than bidding.

ML*1 means you were given an upgrade after the check-in process started. It does not mean "no food". It means people who had confirmed business class prior to check-in have priority for meals for you.

No upgrades on AC are "free". Everyone pays, unless the back is oversold, or there's a weight and balance issue.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
My first time taking an AC flight in ages. Just wanted to report back that my options for AC YEG to YUL upgrade on a A320 in the 24 hour window was $420. This is a 3.5 hour flight on a narrowbody. Didn't even blink an eye at this and closed the window.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Checked in for YYZ-DUB flight.

$564 per seat to upgrade from a preferred Rouge seat in economy to Premium Rouge.

Didn't even consider it.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Cjacq
Checked in for YYZ-DUB flight.

$564 per seat to upgrade from a preferred Rouge seat in economy to Premium Rouge.

Didn't even consider it.
What was your booking fare class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.