Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Economy Plus is a United marketing term.

Are you talking about Premium Economy (the cabin) or preferred seats at the front of economy?
For $160 (each) that certainly should be PE given it’s about a $50 preferred seat. If OP is unclear your row is sufficient 12-14 is PE, 18/31 or something is preferred.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
My bad...I meant Premium Economy
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:51 pm

Hey all, have a couple of quick questions, hope this is the right place to ask as my main question pertains to LMUs:

1. If I book a flight on AC metal through United, would I still have the opportunity to purchase a LMU while completing online check in?

2. For those of you who have booked flights on AC metal through United, is OLCI completed on Air Canada's website or United's?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sameruval
Hey all, have a couple of quick questions, hope this is the right place to ask as my main question pertains to LMUs:

1. If I book a flight on AC metal through United, would I still have the opportunity to purchase a LMU while completing online check in?

2. For those of you who have booked flights on AC metal through United, is OLCI completed on Air Canada's website or United's?
1) Yes.

2) Air Canada's website.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:32 am

Running into issues with taking an LMU with a United codeshare. I'm flying HNL-LAX-YYZ, with HNL-LAX on United. I was offered to upgrade the LAX-YYZ AC788 to PY for $120 USD and I took it. Do you just ignore the warnings from united to contact reservations to have the ticket reissued? I did the same thing for YYZ-LAX-HNL and had no issues with united.. but now I do. United reservations is confused on what to do and is asking me to send in the receipt from Air Canada.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC E50K
AC7599 Jan 06th (YUL-ORD) $134 CAD at checkin. One person in J at T-2 hours from standard S. Like clockwork op up to J .
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by C-FMWQ
AC7599 Jan 06th (YUL-ORD) $134 CAD at checkin. One person in J at T-2 hours from standard S. Like clockwork op up to J .
Are you saying that you accepted the $134CAD LMU from Standard S for AC7599? (not questioning the act, but rather if I understood this correctly)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Are you saying that you accepted the $134CAD LMU from Standard S for AC7599? (not questioning the act, but rather if I understood this correctly)
No no, my apologies, I had one too many G&T tonight. Declined the offer and received an operational upgrade at the gate.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by C-FMWQ

No no, my apologies, I had one too many G&T tonight. Declined the offer and received an operational upgrade at the gate.
Well played.

I'm assuming you previously saw the Y loads on EF showing basically zeroed out and knew your op-up chances were pretty good?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:53 pm

Well played.

I'm assuming you previously saw the Y loads on EF showing basically zeroed out and knew your op-up chances were pretty good?
Yep, was watching the loads a few days out and Y sold out while J was virtually empty.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Interesting data points and not sure how or why the results differed.

From an Aeroplan X ticket:

Checking in for YUL-YYZ using the app, there was a LMU for $194 to J.

I had to check in again for another reason and decided to use the phone version of AC.com
While checking in, 2 different upgrade options appeared - 5 upgrade credits + $75 copay, or $194 LMU

Declined all offers.

I don't recall ever seeing 2 offers at OLCI.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by 24left
I have. It happens, generally indicates a very poor $ return on eUps. $23.80 each above.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
Interesting data points and not sure how or why the results differed.

From an Aeroplan X ticket:

Checking in for YUL-YYZ using the app, there was a LMU for $194 to J.

I had to check in again for another reason and decided to use the phone version of AC.com
While checking in, 2 different upgrade options appeared - 5 upgrade credits + $75 copay, or $194 LMU

Declined all offers.

Originally Posted by jc94

I have. It happens, generally indicates a very poor $ return on eUps. $23.80 each above.
I've seen it as well. It was on every X booking I was on last year.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:48 am

I've seen it as well. It was on every X booking I was on last year.
I believe I’ve seen it on paid bookings too.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Question LMU fare class question

Hi all,
I am flying AC from Vancouver to Delhi next month and purchased a ticket in PE with an N fare class. It seems like the N class is not eligible for bid upgrades as I don't seem to be getting an option to make a bid upgrade. I've seen that the business class is fairly empty so was thinking about trying for a LMU when the time comes but I wasn't sure if there is any fare class requirement for LMU ?
My understanding is that LMU is a fixed price regardless of your class of travel (Y or PY) but i wasn't sure if there is any fare class requirement?

Has anyone had success scoring a LMU from an N fare class on international flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.