Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So a more expensive fare on YYC-YWG has a lower LMU (variable based on all kinds of factors) than the fixed co-pay for your cheaper fare?

And a different route has a different LMU amount?

This isn't really surprising
If it's the same as my experience (see my post a few above), it was actually the same fare (low flex) that has a lower LMU than the co-pay, which of course also requires the use of credits. I was told by a concierge that this can happen on routes that don't see a lot of purchased or upgraded J. YWG/Alberta is a consistent theme here ...

And $99 from Tango (cheapest) certainly cheapens the J cabin!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
So a more expensive fare on YYC-YWG has a lower LMU (variable based on all kinds of factors) than the fixed co-pay for your cheaper fare?

And a different route has a different LMU amount?

This isn't really surprising
Sorry I should have detailed this is the same flex fair, or else I wouldn't have posted this
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Sorry I should have detailed this is the same flex fair, or else I wouldn't have posted this
Still, LMU is variable based on factors, and copay is fixed.

The same way a FP credit might be cheaper than a regular ticket, or might not be.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Still, LMU is variable based on factors, and copay is fixed.

The same way a FP credit might be cheaper than a regular ticket, or might not be.
Ah this makes a lot of sense , thanks for clarifying !
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Advice needed re: upgrade to business for 28

Got a quick fight 3hr MSY to YYZ in economy tonight. Checked in and was offered $280 for upgrading to business.

Shouls I do it? I value priority boarding and some nap if I can. The food I don’t care for. Wouldn’t get accredited miles for it though. Not that I care.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Got a quick fight 3hr MSY to YYZ in economy tonight. Checked in and was offered $280 for upgrading to business.

Shouls I do it? I value priority boarding and some nap if I can. The food I don’t care for. Wouldn’t get accredited miles for it though. Not that I care.
If it were me, I would just get a prefered seat and call it a day since you mention you don't care for the food.
bruther likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Some folks in these parts would say less than $100 per hour of upgrade is worth taking.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by jasdou
If it were me, I would just get a prefered seat and call it a day since you mention you don't care for the food.
How is the preferred seat better than basic economy? I don’t really need the leg room (I need the width because I like to kinda sprawl myself and put a few pillows for my poor back).
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: AC 75K
Given you're the only one that knows which benefits you value, this a decision for you to make, not others on the forum.

Are you willing to pay $280 for a bigger seat on a 3 hour flight?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE
How is the preferred seat better than basic economy? I don’t really need the leg room (I need the width because I like to kinda sprawl myself and put a few pillows for my poor back).
So you don't need extra leg room or food. Why are you even considering upgrading to business class then? Do you require a few extra inches of width just to sprawl?

Preferred seats are the same as normal economy seats but they offer extra leg room and are located at the front of the cabin so you deplane more quickly. You may or may not get Zone 3 boarding.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I declined to even eUp that route with no copay. Row 12 is as good as J. (Though I might have decided differently if the menu had been more appealing.) My eUps can do more for me on an Airbus.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Since the MSY-YYZ route is operated by an E70, I'd probably base the decision on what seats are available in Y and J.

The single J seats (1A/2A/3A) offer a good amount of privacy and room to stretch out, maybe have a solid nap whereas it could be argued that the preferred Y seats aren't all that different from the J seats on the right-hand side.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:31 am

Cost of Upgrade to J from YVR - ICN at Check-in on Air Canada

Booked an Economy ticket using Aeroplan and curious to know if anyone has paid for a last minute upgrade to Business between YVR - ICN on Air Canada. If so, how much did they ask?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
What is your status?
If you have one it might be half off LMU price Or u can try the new bidding website also
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: AC 75K
You should be able to find something in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.