Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Can anyone comment on booking USA-TYO then booking the TYO-USA leg while in TYO?
Is it largely the same process as having your alerts set up while inside Japan and calling the international VS number? I'm not sure how I would go about calling VS while in Japan.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Can anyone comment on booking USA-TYO then booking the TYO-USA leg while in TYO?
Is it largely the same process as having your alerts set up while inside Japan and calling the international VS number? I'm not sure how I would go about calling VS while in Japan.
In theory, at check-in they can require you to demonstrate a flight from Japan again, or they can deny you boarding under the visa waiver rules. I am not sure how likely that is to happen, but you could just book a flex ticket to cancel later.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: United 1K
I just had a VS agent tell me that VS is unable to book certain flights at all regardless of availability. For my case, he said that VS can never book NH 108. He said their partnership with NH only covers the ability to book NH 8. This sounds fishy to me, but given that VS just joined SkyTeam and changed their NH award rates, I suppose this could be plausible.

Can anyone confirm or should I HUACA?
Old Oct 6, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by njwatson32
I just had a VS agent tell me that VS is unable to book certain flights at all regardless of availability. For my case, he said that VS can never book NH 108. He said their partnership with NH only covers the ability to book NH 8. This sounds fishy to me, but given that VS just joined SkyTeam and changed their NH award rates, I suppose this could be plausible.

Can anyone confirm or should I HUACA?
Call again, sounds like something the agent made up.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How do you book PY tickets? Looking at the VS award chart it's only Y, J, F.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
How do you book PY tickets? Looking at the VS award chart it's only Y, J, F.
Very likely there is no way to book it.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
VS has a 60% points bonus if you purchase points directly.. comes out to $1,785.45 for enough points for LAX-TYO round trip (50%) bonus, or $3662 for the max points of 320k (60% bonus). Not bad ifi you already have an award in mind and need points, though with how hard it is to get availability these days, probably not a good idea to buy in anticipation of finding availability.

Not sure if it's targeted, I got an email (Subject: Last chance to get up to 60% bonus points) with a code attached to the link they gave me, so I won't post it here, and YMMV. Deal ends 10/24.

Not sure if it codes as travel, but if it does you could get 3% back as well depending on the credit card you have.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 6:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM
What's the point of getting points cheap if you can't use them? I've done JFK-NRT and have enough points to go again but no availability. I guess ANA would rather have flights go out empty than open them up to partners.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by golfr
What's the point of getting points cheap if you can't use them? I've done JFK-NRT and have enough points to go again but no availability. I guess ANA would rather have flights go out empty than open them up to partners.
in the current climate, that is true
Old Nov 1, 2023, 2:16 pm

Got all my bonus points from the transfer to virgin from chase. I hope I can use the points for a few business class trips ANA from JFK to HND at some point before I die, I have not seen a single available ticket in months. Ill take any time of year at this point even on short notice.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by freqflyers
Got all my bonus points from the transfer to virgin from chase. I hope I can use the points for a few business class trips ANA from JFK to HND at some point before I die, I have not seen a single available ticket in months. Ill take any time of year at this point even on short notice.
ORD is a cheap 2.5hr plane ride away and ORD-TYO is the most likely USA route to find availability. Not easy, but it exists.

ORD-NRT on NH11 in business class has a seat open right now for Nov 7

Last edited by aquanine; Nov 2, 2023 at 2:10 am Reason: added date
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by aquanine
ORD is a cheap 2.5hr plane ride away and ORD-TYO is the most likely USA route to find availability. Not easy, but it exists.

ORD-NRT on NH11 in business class has a seat open right now for Nov 7
I have friend with also enough points to fly with me whenever the date happens. Assuming this is at least a year out at this point.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
I just cancelled one F award on the morning HND-JFK flight, which I booked using Aeroplan miles. Hopefully, it goes back into inventory for someone to snag! Please let me know if so.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:27 am

Thanks for the heads up - what date did you cancel?
Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Thanks for the heads up - what date did you cancel?
Sun, Nov 12. Sorry I didn't include that important detail!
Tofino87 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.