Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by seigex
Thanks, I did get access denied when I tried to save a link directly to the calendar, but I'll try again based on that page. I've very happy it's still available, using the new page was painful. Now if I can figure out how to get the old AA search back.
If you get access denied
Go to united.com > login > visit the page again
seigex likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by invalyd
If you get access denied
Go to united.com > login > visit the page again
sweet thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Winter Schedule Equipment Changes

Received EF alerts this morning for equipment change on the NRT-SFO route, which consequently resulted in at least one F award available for almost all affected flights (barring blackout dates around Christmas holidays) from November through March.
Availability is being picked up quickly and I saw 2 dates move to wait listed while I was waiting on-hold.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Bunch of HND-SFO F availability on NH108 just opened up for November .. snagged myself up the 11/29 flight, but there are a bunch available.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:10 pm

Combined Two NH itineraries

Hello everyone,

I am very new to VS points program. I am seeking routes from North America to Asia (preferably Hong Kong). Let's say there is a flight award availability operated by NH from JFK - HND, and another flight from HND - HKG the next day; Can I ask for a Virgin Atlantic agent to combine two routes into one itinerary, making it JFK-HND-HKG, like including check-in together, and through-check baggage? Also, can I mix two flights of Business and Economy fare class together?

Thank you!
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:55 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by littlepink
I am very new to VS points program. I am seeking routes from North America to Asia (preferably Hong Kong). Let's say there is a flight award availability operated by NH from JFK - HND, and another flight from HND - HKG the next day; Can I ask for a Virgin Atlantic agent to combine two routes into one itinerary, making it JFK-HND-HKG, like including check-in together, and through-check baggage? Also, can I mix two flights of Business and Economy fare class together?
You can put multiple NH segments into one booking, yes. Combining different classes is also possible.You'll be protected etc. You always pay the price that is the sum of for each individual segment. You can not combine NH flights with a different airline.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by freakazoid
You can put multiple NH segments into one booking, yes. Combining different classes is also possible.You'll be protected etc. You always pay the price that is the sum of for each individual segment. You can not combine NH flights with a different airline.
Thanks, this is really important as I will need a visa to visit Japan; breaking the itinerary will probably deny me check-in and boarding. And I am trying to avoid the situation to apply for shore pass, too.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:41 am

so im pretty new to all of this and just saved up enough for a round trip F flight. I managed to get a one way to nrt from chicago, but I was hoping some people here would have a better idea of what I should do. Im fully flexible in terms of airport but id like to get one of the updated 777 if possible, but most if not everything business and up is booked besides the 787 flights. My flight isnt until later in the fall of next year, but I was just wondering on what the thoughts or opinions were if I should just go for the business or keep checking and hope for a J or F flight.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by need7
so im pretty new to all of this and just saved up enough for a round trip F flight. I managed to get a one way to nrt from chicago, but I was hoping some people here would have a better idea of what I should do. Im fully flexible in terms of airport but id like to get one of the updated 777 if possible, but most if not everything business and up is booked besides the 787 flights. My flight isnt until later in the fall of next year, but I was just wondering on what the thoughts or opinions were if I should just go for the business or keep checking and hope for a J or F flight.
You can check every day for your dates and hope something opens up. That's more or less all you can do, aside from maybe paying for expert flyer and letting it do the checking for you. Availability is generally bad, from time to time seats open up if you're lucky and fast. I have no personal experience with it, but people seem to consider Zipair a valid alternative for a oneway trip from Tokyo to the US.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:18 pm

yeah I was thinking of using zipair. I just wasnt sure how often or if it was reasonable or if I should just grab a business flight on a 787/789. I did consider zipair as my alternative though and it seemed nice
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:24 pm

Thanks, this is really important as I will need a visa to visit Japan; breaking the itinerary will probably deny me check-in and boarding. And I am trying to avoid the situation to apply for shore pass, too.
no it wont - always do one ways
Old Sep 21, 2023, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos
no it wont - always do one ways
Slightly different doing a one-way to Japan fulfilling the entry requirements, and doing a one way to Japan not having a required visa.

That being said, on separate tickets ANA are usually quite OK with handling separate tickets as a connection.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Sep 21, 2023 at 6:04 pm
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Slightly different doing a one-way to Japan fulfilling the entry requirements, and doing a one way to Japan not having a required visa.

That being said, on separate tickets ANA are usually quite OK with handling separate tickets as a connection.
But could I tell the Virgin Atlantic agent via phone call to make my two segments flight into single one way flight (layover in HND/NRT)? That gonna avoid the visa required issue right?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
But could I tell the Virgin Atlantic agent via phone call to make my two segments flight into single one way flight (layover in HND/NRT)? That gonna avoid the visa required issue right?
ANA are quite good at handling separate tickets. During the pandemic where it was an even bigger challenge entering Japan, many people made a transit in Japan on separate tickets without being able to enter Japan. As long as you don't need an overnight stay in Narita, a change between Narita and Haneda or vice versa, or more than 24 hours in Haneda, it will work fine.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
ANA are quite good at handling separate tickets. During the pandemic where it was an even bigger challenge entering Japan, many people made a transit in Japan on separate tickets without being able to enter Japan. As long as you don't need an overnight stay in Narita, a change between Narita and Haneda or vice versa, or more than 24 hours in Haneda, it will work fine.
Should I contact with ANA in advance at home, or I can handle this at check-in counter (I don't trust US Airport check-in counter that much haha)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.