Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by BBonly
This thread slowed down considerably in the recent weeks and months. Have the deals all but dried up? I haven't been in the hunt for awhile now.
Have to wait until they refresh their next quarter flight schedules and shift planes around. For example, in September/October 2022 they set the 2023 winter schedule and a bunch of seats opened up. I would wait for that opportunity and pounce.
Old May 31, 2023, 2:11 am

I'm looking for availability for 2 in the October/November/December months in Y. My plan was to book Y now and at the T-14 point, I would check for J availability and change it if available. However, I'm not even seeing any Y availability in those months. Are they just completely booked or am I doing something wrong?
Old May 31, 2023, 9:36 am

Middle Name on Ticket But Not Passport

Hi All. I have a flight from HND-->SFO in a couple weeks on ANA F. While reviewing everything, I realized that my passport does NOT include my middle name, but my ticket does. The VX agent told me I absolutely had to add middle names, which I did for the other 2 passengers in my family, but their names are on their passports. I see a bunch of datapoints about a middle name on the passport, but not on the ticket working out fine. Curious your thoughts on the other way around?

I checked my marriage certificate and son's birth certificate and do have my middle name on those. Any thoughts what my options are? Will they not care since my first and last name match perfectly, and flying F so might get extra attention at the airport?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 31, 2023, 9:45 pm

When using United to check for ANA availability, does it need to be a direct flight in order for VS to see it?

For example, on United I see LAX-IAH-HND in J available, but no results searching for IAH-HND. Would VS be able to book IAH-HND or is my only option through United departing from LAX?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by GiantCow
When using United to check for ANA availability, does it need to be a direct flight in order for VS to see it?

For example, on United I see LAX-IAH-HND in J available, but no results searching for IAH-HND. Would VS be able to book IAH-HND or is my only option through United departing from LAX?
You're only using the United page because it is a somewhat convenient way to check for ANA availability. Anything that isn't flown on ANA metal can't be used via Virgin. ANA is not flying LAX-IAH. (Technically flights on SQ and NZ can be booked via Virgin as well, they do have different prices and can't be combined in a single booking)
Old Jun 16, 2023, 6:33 pm

I have a flight in August in J on ANA HND-LAX (booked with VS). Was wondering if VS can add a connecting flight from within Japan to my existing booking or whether this has to be canceled and rebooked.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by adam787
I have a flight in August in J on ANA HND-LAX (booked with VS). Was wondering if VS can add a connecting flight from within Japan to my existing booking or whether this has to be canceled and rebooked.
They cant add unfortunately. It is possible to put 2 flights on the same ticket, but has to be done at the time of making the original booking.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 12:05 pm

Worth noting that ANA is generally good about checking you through on a domestic flight even on separate tickets. We just did this a couple weeks ago via the "International Connections" check-in counter at Fukuoka airport. We had FUK > HND booked via United miles and HND > LAX booked via Aeroplan (shouldn't make a difference if it's booked using Virgin Atlantic). It took the agents a bit of typing on the computer, but they printed both boarding passes and checked our bags through to LAX without any problems.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 4:32 pm

While looking for a TYO-NYC itinerary I noticed that there are no saver awards available for the ORD-NYC domestic segment (or whatever the dynamic pricing tier is called that allows a 60k connecting fare), and therefore the only J redemptions available are connecting through SFO. This is even the case when searching right as JL10 availability is released; I can see the seats when searching TYO-ORD but not further.

Is this going to be persistent going forward or is availability for the domestic leg variable?

Last edited by kestrel98; Jun 18, 2023 at 8:33 pm Reason: I made a mistake
Old Jun 18, 2023, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by kestrel98
While looking for a TYO-NYC itinerary I noticed that there are no saver awards available for the ORD-NYC domestic segment (or whatever the dynamic pricing tier is called that allows a 60k connecting fare), and therefore the only J redemptions available are connecting through SFO. This is even the case when searching right as JL10 availability is released; I can see the seats when searching TYO-ORD but not further.

Is this going to be persistent going forward or is availability for the domestic leg variable?
Sir this is the ANA thread
aabbcc likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
Sir this is the ANA thread
Whoops, too many tabs open will do that.
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:44 am

Getting availability across all ANA cabins for Heathrow to Haneda seems to be harder than ever which begs the question why VS actually bothers advertising ANA for points redemption. The sales agent told me that ANA now only allows 2 or 3 seats for VS customers using points. Better availability with SkyTeam via CDG, AMS and ICN. Come on VS, get back to flying direct from London to Tokyo.

Last edited by Door5L; Jun 20, 2023 at 7:50 am
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:59 am

Availability, even close in and with flexibility, is extremely limited right now - for sure. I have been checking for T-1 to T-21 every day, probably 5 times a day, for HND-LHR.

It has been noted on Aeroplan thread too. I dont know if it has anything to do with the flash sale they had - which I believe has caused a bit of an administrative nightmare - but I believe most of those tickets sold in F & J were to NYC, SFO AND ORD.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Availability, even close in and with flexibility, is extremely limited right now - for sure. I have been checking for T-1 to T-21 every day, probably 5 times a day, for HND-LHR.

It has been noted on Aeroplan thread too. I dont know if it has anything to do with the flash sale they had - which I believe has caused a bit of an administrative nightmare - but I believe most of those tickets sold in F & J were to NYC, SFO AND ORD.
Could also do with the recent revelation of mileage brokers
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Could also do with the recent revelation of mileage brokers
That they exist, and the airline is limiting availability because of this? Or that these
Brokers are booking up all the availability as soon as it appears?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.