Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:05 am

Virgin is joining Skyteam in early 2023. If I booked an economy ticket for September and later want to change my ticket to a business class seat do you think this would be possible?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Ive got a weird one. HND-FRA theyve advised me of a schedule change - but all looks exactly the same. All thats happened is theyve reissued the ticket on a brand new ticket number. Bit odd.

I wish it had happened a week earlier, because I needed to change the date a lot but now Ive put other non refundable things in place :-(
Different aircraft or flight number? Just had a UA schedule change that was only a flight number but got reissued.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Ive got a weird one. HND-FRA theyve advised me of a schedule change - but all looks exactly the same. All thats happened is theyve reissued the ticket on a brand new ticket number. Bit odd.
Are you sure the time didn't change? ANA made a lot of adjustments recently, primarily to account for the longer routes due to the Russian invasion.

Originally Posted by osxunf
Virgin is joining Skyteam in early 2023. If I booked an economy ticket for September and later want to change my ticket to a business class seat do you think this would be possible?
Wrong place here most likely or is it related to ANA bookings?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by freakazoid
Are you sure the time didn't change? ANA made a lot of adjustments recently, primarily to account for the longer routes due to the Russian invasion.

Wrong place here most likely or is it related to ANA bookings?

Yes, relating to ANA bookings. If Virgin joins Skyteam and the ability to book ANA is lost, I'm wondering if things can be rebooked, points refunded back to Virgin etc. or if it will all be just a book at your own risk.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Yes, relating to ANA bookings. If Virgin joins Skyteam and the ability to book ANA is lost, I'm wondering if things can be rebooked, points refunded back to Virgin etc. or if it will all be just a book at your own risk.
Airlines have plenty of partners outside their alliance, e.g. Air France is partner with JAL. There is no automatism that joining Skyteam will end their relationship with ANA. After a partnership ends, they'll usually have no access to inventory, so rebooking is impossible - refund should be no problem.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:37 pm

I wish it had happened a week earlier, because I needed to change the date a lot but now Ive put other non refundable things in place :-(
You've been advised by VS or NH? Ticket reissued by VS always as award I guess
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Does virgin allow changing first sector in a 2 sector ticket , I booked first sector in economy and second in F(12 hour layover) now I see aa J availability a day before which means that I will be in Tokyo for 36 hours, is that allowed on one ticket? F is NRT-ORD . Also does anyone know if I'll be in the new F or is equipment swap common on this sector? Thanks in advance
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:18 pm

Has anyone checked recently on booking for F or J flights? In the past month I saw a few that flew out of ORD first class, but the layover and being the old style didn't appeal to me. Has availability been harder as of late or is it just me? In the past few weeks, I have trying looking for flights from LAX to TYO and I can't even find anything open other than economy tickets no one wants to book for. My search was later this fall and whatever first class I did find, were gobbled up pretty quickly. The demand is still there, but the availability seems just as hard, if not harder.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by BBonly
Has anyone checked recently on booking for F or J flights? In the past month I saw a few that flew out of ORD first class, but the layover and being the old style didn't appeal to me. Has availability been harder as of late or is it just me? In the past few weeks, I have trying looking for flights from LAX to TYO and I can't even find anything open other than economy tickets no one wants to book for. My search was later this fall and whatever first class I did find, were gobbled up pretty quickly. The demand is still there, but the availability seems just as hard, if not harder.
ANA F SFO-TYO and vv Wide Open for Awards (O Class) - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:25 pm

Dunno about F but I have seen J opening up for ORD and LAX to Tokyo within 3 weeks of departure quite regularly over the past week or two.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:45 pm

What are the taxes and fees looking like for TYO-LAX in the 3 classes? Trying to see if it's worth paying more miles through United now...
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by kingkewl
What are the taxes and fees looking like for TYO-LAX in the 3 classes? Trying to see if it's worth paying more miles through United now...
My DEL-(C)-HND//NRT-(F)-ORD was about $450. Still cheaper than the 60K extra miles I would have needed on UA.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:17 pm

Just booked SFO-HND in April. I was so excited I didnt realize that the flight leaves SFO at 1am.

is service nonexistent? Will I get breakfast, lunch and dinner on this flight or just a snack and breakfast and then landing?
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:21 pm

Just booked SFO-HND in April. I was so excited I didnt realize that the flight leaves SFO at 1am.

is service nonexistent? Will I get breakfast, lunch and dinner on this flight or just a snack and breakfast and then landing?
Limited service. Youll get one catered meal a few hours prior to arrival. Alcoholic beverages and dine anytime are available whenever.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 22calbr
Limited service. Youll get one catered meal a few hours prior to arrival. Alcoholic beverages and dine anytime are available whenever.
Does dine anytime share the same menu as the daytime flight menu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.