Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by mrfrancis
what do you mean EF? Ethiopian flights?
EF = ExpertFlyer
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by mrfrancis
difference between hnd and nrt?
They’re different airports.

And fairly far apart. NRT less convenient for Tokyo.

Google to see which is more convenient for arrival/departure for your plans. In terms of facilities, all the same pretty much.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 5:45 am

So it looks like the First reward seat I have got from LRH to HND next May 16th is no use to me now, so I think I will cancel it and get my points back etc.

Not sure how it might happen, but might it be of use to someone here?
Should I liaise with you to let you know exactly when I cancel, so you can try and nab it soon as after I have done this?
BTW - I have NO idea if my cancelling it puts it back into the "pool" straight away, or if it will would be available to you once cancelled, or if goes back to ANA and no one can try get it - but thought I would offer.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Antony Jackson
So it looks like the First reward seat I have got from LRH to HND next May 16th is no use to me now, so I think I will cancel it and get my points back etc.

Not sure how it might happen, but might it be of use to someone here?
Should I liaise with you to let you know exactly when I cancel, so you can try and nab it soon as after I have done this?
BTW - I have NO idea if my cancelling it puts it back into the "pool" straight away, or if it will would be available to you once cancelled, or if goes back to ANA and no one can try get it - but thought I would offer.
have PM’d you
Antony Jackson likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tofino87
have PM’d you
just out of curiosity, how did the handoff go? Did it get released and was bookable right away?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:48 am

Reward seats during cherry blossom, am I mad?

I’ve got a milestone birthday in 2024 and this redemption in J or F to see cherry blossom is the bucket list birthday present to myself, but is it feasible? Has anyone bagged award seats over the peak period before?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by travellingjake
I’ve got a milestone birthday in 2024 and this redemption in J or F to see cherry blossom is the bucket list birthday present to myself, but is it feasible? Has anyone bagged award seats over the peak period before?
Booking through VS is probably tricky, as the award calendar opens later, and everyone wants awards for cherry blossom season.
travellingjake likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by pesos
correct, skipping one leg will auto cancel the rest of the itinerary.
Originally Posted by digh27
just out of curiosity, how did the handoff go? Did it get released and was bookable right away?
not done it yet - I want to call ANA and see if can split the paid reservation into 2 different ones first, but failing that will give the seat up etc.
digh27 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:41 am

How are the taxes looking in business going to Tokyo? Are they still in the $460 range each way? Trying to debate whether it is even worth the extra cost+points to book at this point..
Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Amex Plat, CSR
Originally Posted by Skuldy
How are the taxes looking in business going to Tokyo? Are they still in the $460 range each way? Trying to debate whether it is even worth the extra cost+points to book at this point..
Not sure which airline you usually fly or where home is, but for the Mrs. and I the $450ish in tax plus the VS points were well worth the experience flying ANA from LAX to Tokyo in J and back in F. I had a J flight on UA (Polaris) two weeks later and there simply isn't a comparison, not on the hard product and definitely not on the service.
digh27 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 8:13 am

I managed to get 2 F on mid march thru VS but I think I was very lucky. They might’ve added new routes back from pre-covid
Old Dec 31, 2022, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Yep - managed to snag F redemptions on ORD-NRT for March 2020 (which obviously didn't happen) and 2023
Old Jan 3, 2023, 7:54 am

Well, this is a development - ExpertFlyer alerted me to a reward seats, HND to LHR on May 30th this year - so nabbed it - so now have one out in first on 16th, and back on the 30th - now to see if can work out if can use them or will have to give them up, based on me having paid reservations at same time!
JayhawkCO likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:34 am

Hello, I wondered whether anyone has successfully redeemed points to fly between South Korea and Japan recently? I was hoping to book Seoul to Osaka, but a Virgin operator told me they were unable to request availability from ANA for that particular route (and indeed any between the two countries, contrary to the online redemption chart, which seemed odd to me). In addition, the United website has lots of saver award availability through April and May and I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that if a saver award ANA flight could be found on United then there would likely be availability through Virgin too.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:06 pm

I regularly check for F and J award flights usually every other day. I found a few first class coming out of ORD. It's making me leave from LAX to ORD and ORD to TYO. I don't know if a full layover is worth it but I know some people here are into that.
HB7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.