Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cancellations and related issues

Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cancellations and related issues

Old Yesterday, 2:51 am

Programs: BMI
Looks like my LHR-LAS flight on the 6 June has just been cancelled. It's disappeared from my bookings, there's no direct flight available on the website. It doesn't seem very well organised though as they haven't emailed me to inform me of the cancellation. I tried calling but there's just an automated message to text or WhatsApp. Did that a couple days ago and no response yet.
Old Yesterday, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, EK Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by lkar View Post
It sure would be nice to hear some datapoints of people actually starting to get some refunds posted.
Likewise agree! Anyone from first load in March received anything? Cancelled my flight on 11 April.. so hoping for mid-July here.
Old Yesterday, 5:23 pm

I texted March 27th and heard back from them on March 28th, still no refund.
Old Today, 8:53 am

It has been 5 weeks here and I am going to move forward with a CC chargeback and DOT complaint (since I have to write up something for the chargeback I might as well file the DOT complaint). US law is clear and while I am willing to cut them some slack, the lack of any clear communications or expectations means I am done waiting. This will be a more challenging chargeback than another I did since VS is good (likely unintentionally) at not creating much of a "paper trail". Not a lot of money on the line but enough that it is worth the effort to get it.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Today at 9:04 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: