Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cancellations and related issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cancellations and related issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Yes, I think the voucher will only be worth the mileage and taxes paid! Unless you rebook now to MCO on a future date (is that an option?), you will need to pay the current 100% mileage price when you come to rebook. Of course, if you are looking to a different destination that would be the case anyway.
The email states that "there are a number of options available" when clicking on the link it allows me to rebook on a further date. Im hoping that way won't reprice the miles. Problem is - at it stands - they have only cancelled the inbound flight - not the outbound.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
The email states that "there are a number of options available" when clicking on the link it allows me to rebook on a further date. Im hoping that way won't reprice the miles. Problem is - at it stands - they have only cancelled the inbound flight - not the outbound.

I would call, if you have future dates in mind! Over the phone they’ll allow you to rebook the same destination at no adt. cost
kitbag1984 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:58 am

Thanks - ill do that. I dont know why but I feel like im being cheeky asking for dates so far out - but no point travelling at the moment.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Just had an email that my Lon-mco inbound flight has been cancelled and that I will be offered a travel voucher,

Now I booked this in the 50% off deal - is there anything I need to be wary off?
Yes, with the 50% off deal, the agents were only allowing rebooking until late October (as per the original booking period) when I tried. I've had 3 attempts to move a cancelled flight and even my most recent attempt with a regular agent got the same response. I hope you get a different outcome.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Yes, with the 50% off deal, the agents were only allowing rebooking until late October (as per the original booking period) when I tried. I've had 3 attempts to move a cancelled flight and even my most recent attempt with a regular agent got the same response. I hope you get a different outcome.
I was recently allowed to move a NYC flight booked at 50% off for travel last month through to May ‘22 because it had seen a minor schedule change. Was allowed to move it to any date +11 months out regardless of award availability, as long as it was the same route. I did get the impression their policy has relaxed there more recently .
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
I was recently allowed to move a NYC flight booked at 50% off for travel last month through to May ‘22 because it had seen a minor schedule change. Was allowed to move it to any date +11 months out regardless of award availability, as long as it was the same route. I did get the impression their policy has relaxed there more recently .
These are still recent conversations. It may be relaxed, but it isn't being applied consistently. It really shouldn't be such a struggle and requiring multiple contacts to try to get access to the flexible policy.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:31 pm

I wonder if it makes a difference if it is they who have cancelled?

Im going to ring in the morning. Fingers crossed.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 3:39 am

I wonder if it makes a difference if it is they who have cancelled?

Im going to ring in the morning. Fingers crossed.
In my case, VS have cancelled the flight. Hope you have better luck than me today. Good luck!
pazza2000 and kitbag1984 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:11 am

In my case, VS have cancelled the flight. Hope you have better luck than me today. Good luck!
You would think a cancellation would see the same if not better accommodation than a schedule change would in terms of rebooking (at the discounted award rate).
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Advice please, Booked LHR - TLV cash fare 01/08, now quarantine brought in for UK travellers and border unlikely to be open anyway, should I proactively change my booking or wait for cancellation? I was wondering as to peoples experiences with the efficiency of either option.
Many thanks
pazza2000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.