Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by kkl
does VS use EF availability ? Or star alliance partners?

VS is a partner so gets partner availability. EF shows actual NH availability. NH does occasionally hold back inventory for members of its own FFP, although IME this is increasingly rare.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Chase, Amex, SWA, UAL, DAL
With the help of flightplantool (mentioned in the travel tools forum) I was able to find and book a pair of F tickets from SFO-NRT via VS Flying Club from Apr 21 to May 7 next year. I searched AC (Aeroplan) and vetted the results against United, eventually finding in every case that United showed the same availability, and VS was able to book my requested dates immediately. I found F availability to be extremely limited, and for quite awhile was unable to find anything resembling a possible two weekish itinerary, but got lucky the morning that was T-330 from May 7. Interestingly enough, there looked to be quite a bit of SFO-NRT and SJC-NRT availability in J.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:37 pm
kkl

Just called up VS.

Apparently VS is not allowed to sell award flights from Australia? or is it not loaded in system yet? As flight starts from 1st Sept

Agent cant search PER-NRT route.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Just called VS to book an ANA award. Got it on hold, but when I called to book they said there's a technical issue preventing them from being able to book right now. Anyone else hearing the same thing? I HUCA'ed and got the same response.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Has anybody booked ANA award ticket with Japan domestic ANA flights? For example, LAX-NRT-CTS/CTS-NRT-LAX.
I just got SFO-NRT in F, NRT-ITM in X, ITM-NRT in X, NRT-LAX in J priced out at 115k + $273.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by pmfc
Just called VS to book an ANA award. Got it on hold, but when I called to book they said there's a technical issue preventing them from being able to book right now. Anyone else hearing the same thing? I HUCA'ed and got the same response.
Happened 2 days ago for me as well. Agent then tried to put space that didn't exist on hold. Showed up as Waitlisted in the VS page (interesting that I could search up the booking reference number and get something on the site). Checked a few hours later, turned into an econ Confirmed for the availability that didn't exist (first class was status Not Confirmed), and the other leg that did have availability was a Confirmed status. Called at late night PST to fix it and they were able to get ANA system to respond instantly and secure space. I would say just call back in a few hours or so.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by pmfc
I just got SFO-NRT in F, NRT-ITM in X, ITM-NRT in X, NRT-LAX in J priced out at 115k + $273.
Is that one ticket or two (international + domestic)?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:48 pm

It was all on the same reservation. Just booked. If the connections were available in X for 5k when searching on United, I was able to feed them the flight numbers and it worked.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:06 am

Anyone know when award availability typically goes live? The VS reps have all said it's typically at 12 midday UK time, but I've been waiting for Sunday May 17, 2020 availability to open up but it's running nearly a day and a half late. Do weekends typically take longer?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by weirdblastoise
Anyone know when award availability typically goes live? The VS reps have all said it's typically at 12 midday UK time, but I've been waiting for Sunday May 17, 2020 availability to open up but it's running nearly a day and a half late. Do weekends typically take longer?
Running late where? With VS or on UA?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:19 am

Running late where? With VS or on UA?
I've been watching the UA website to see the award flight availability. It seems like it should have come available about 28 hours ago but there's still nothing in F or J listed.

I've called in and VS also says they don't have award booking abilities into the particular flights yet.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:21 am

I've been watching the UA website to see the award flight availability. It seems like it should have come available about 28 hours ago but there's still nothing in F or J listed.
UA doesn't update over the weekend. I believe they catch up on Tuesday.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
UA doesn't update over the weekend. I believe they catch up on Tuesday.
Would Aeroplan be a better place to watch if I want to get on the phone with VS as soon as they open? I already have an EF alert running, but I've heard even those can have some delay.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:46 am

Would Aeroplan be a better place to watch if I want to get on the phone with VS as soon as they open? I already have an EF alert running, but I've heard even those can have some delay.
In my experience this past week AP updated a couple of hours before UA. If you can see availability on EF I would just call VS and see what they say. What is your alert for: O-class or general award searches? I had better luck with the award search as O simply didn't show up.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
In my experience this past week AP updated a couple of hours before UA. If you can see availability on EF I would just call VS and see what they say. What is your alert for: O-class or general award searches? I had better luck with the award search as O simply didn't show up.
I currently have the search set just for O, but I will have it search for general award availability as you said.

And I'll keep an eye on Aeroplan as well, thanks for the heads up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.