Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Discussion about, and issues with, new website & booking engine post 13 Nov 16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about, and issues with, new website & booking engine post 13 Nov 16

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:42 pm

wow, the new site looks pretty, but its simply pretty rubbish... i cant find any availability of rewards flights in any class from london to las vegas in June 2017, when previously (pre-upgrade) there were econ, prem econ and even a few upper class. I also seem to have missing tier points, and its generally harder to use the website.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Selecting "bid for upgrade" on the "my bookings" page only returns an error inviting to call in, or check "my bookings"
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
I did an Amex Gold points transfer to Virgin on the 10th November. The transfer normally takes 30 minutes. Points still not received in my Virgin account today. I just logged onto my Amex account and it states "rejected" by Virgin.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by bristoldave
Anyone else seeing inaccurate tier point counts? My new TP count (which as I understood it should be just taking the pre-November 13th value and multiplying by 25) is off by about 150 (so 6 TPs under the old system).

I have a suspicion that they didn't count Tier Points accrued with the bonus that they ran earlier this year, but I'm not certain.
Yes, that is the case for me too. 6 "old" TPs short, and I accrued an additional 6 TPs in the summer promotion.

Flying Club are currently looking into it and have said they'll come back to me.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by Brook100
Yes, that is the case for me too. 6 "old" TPs short, and I accrued an additional 6 TPs in the summer promotion.

Flying Club are currently looking into it and have said they'll come back to me.
Exactly the same here for me as well, I'm missing 9 TPs (225 in "new" money), all of which were gained through the summer TP promotion.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
The new app is the same Fly Delta App with the VS colors. The website also has a lot of delta.dumb components but with a different design.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Slotski
I did an Amex Gold points transfer to Virgin on the 10th November. The transfer normally takes 30 minutes. Points still not received in my Virgin account today. I just logged onto my Amex account and it states "rejected" by Virgin.

I'm assuming that VS disabled this sort of functionality whilst they made the switch but didn't put in the processes to tell anyone that!

I'd give it another try.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
BofA miles into my FF account delayed

Hi,

Normally my CC miles posted to my account around the 8th of the month. Now it is already the 15th and nothing shows.

Did the issue of a new FF number mess up the BofA or Virgin system?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by SDQBound
The new app is the same Fly Delta App with the VS colors. The website also has a lot of delta.dumb components but with a different design.
Yes, mostly true for the mobile app.

For the web site, they should consider copying Delta.com, which is reasonably clean and functional. Virgin though has instead put in giant graphics, requiring the user to scroll down and down (only to find that the desired functionality is missing!)
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
more like they turned off the transfer mechanism whilst they did the website transfer.

The VS system still retains all the historic FC numbers attached to your account.

I'd give it a couple more days before chasing as a number of people have said their miles from various sources have yet to appear.

But in your FC account have you clicked on the full history rather than just look at the summary which for me says my last transaction was in June but the full detaails has my MBNA drop for november
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:38 pm

I am seeing the same thing and posted about it a couple of days ago in the thread on the website upgrade. The folks in the UK are reporting similar with the MNBA cards issued there. The website is still a mess and buggy (there is a very long thread on the various issues over on v-flyer website). Personally I am going to give it a couple of weeks before I follow up.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
more like they turned off the transfer mechanism whilst they did the website transfer.

The VS system still retains all the historic FC numbers attached to your account.

I'd give it a couple more days before chasing as a number of people have said their miles from various sources have yet to appear.

But in your FC account have you clicked on the full history rather than just look at the summary which for me says my last transaction was in June but the full detaails has my MBNA drop for november
They just posted. One week delay isn't too bad
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I foolishly moved the minimum Tesco points over during the transition, but they eventually arrived. No 10% bonus though but I never really saw that advertised other than on some blogs.

Basically the account number thing should be a non-issue. For years VS have changed numbers according to status but kept track of the old numbers so things like CC credits would still work.

As far as booking awards, I'm afraid to try... but I burned most of my miles pre-devaluation , although I'm sure the cheaper ex-HKG UC award will tempt me back at some point.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:24 am

Tried to search for award availability today. Oh my lord what a hassle. Long story short, it's not working.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:40 am

Searched for Award Ability for 3 > found some but as one was of a child it couldn't be done online and they says Chat should be used
No wait time and rep got it done with minimal delays etc. Impressed with the Chat responsiveness

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.