Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Discussion about, and issues with, new website & booking engine post 13 Nov 16

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about, and issues with, new website & booking engine post 13 Nov 16

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; VS Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Points on BoA (US) VS card that should have posted on the 8th or 9th (when they always have) are not showing as of today.
...nor are mine from MBNA VS AmEx statement of 9 Nov. When I called, MBNA simply read from the manual: "Miles can take up to 7 days"; but VFC assured me they were waiting to credit new account number and will post within 3 days.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by backdoc
My Gold "years" are also showing as 1.

I fly on VS8 LAX-LHR on Tuesday, should be interesting.

My gold years have been reset to one as well. I am also missing 100TPs and several flights from my history.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
I gave up waiting for the gold line to pick up yesterday (Sunday) - after about an hour... This was to unlock my account which became locked after I had logged in to the (new) website.

Better luck this morning getting though (noting that the pre-recorded message acknowledges issues with flying club). Account was successfully unlocked - however I still cannot log in. I get this message;

"A new membership number is on its way to existing members and should be with you by Wednesday.

You can still log in using your old membership number but once you've logged in, your account will display your new number."
despite the fact I already have my new number. The flying club representative didn't seem too surprised and requested I wait until this evening and try again......

Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:49 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
We can't be surprised that this isn't a smooth transition, given the past performance record of VS IT

However, from what I can see so far, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for a few days to get the teething problems ironed out before I start my rants.

When I flew to Dubai on Saturday night the check in staff were full of optimism about the new system so we will wait and see.

Nick
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
The new website is totally broken when you try to access it from a UK Government computer. The homepage loads and behaves normally but after you login nothing works. The page doesn't fully load and none of the links are clickable.

While poking around in the page source to see what's broken I came across this snippet (XXXX to hide personal data):

var loginData = {"smNumber":"XXXX","firstName":"XXXX","lastName":" XXXX","smBalance":"XXXX","membershipLevel":"XXXX", "enrollmentDate":"XXXX","prefix":"XXXX","primaryEm ailAddress":"XXXX","loggedIn":true,"authenticated" :true,"skyPriority":false,"pwmMbr":true,"crprtAgrm ntFound":false,"skymilesMember":true,"hasError":fa lse,"hasPW":true,"hasSQA":true,"hasEmail":true,"co untry":"GB","language":"en","usernameType":"skymil es","customerID":"XXXX","langPromptIndicator":fals e,"rememberMeIndicator":false,"millionMiler":false ,"irop":false,"spgInd":false,"firstTime":true,"has UserNm":true,"is360Tier":false,"displayPwdWarning" :false,"promoCdInd":false,"MQMBalance":"0","loyalt yPromoInd":"","loyaltyPromoLink":""};
That's a lot of references to Sky Miles, Sky Priority and MQMs! is360Tier would seem to be a reference to Delta 360, their version of UNIQ.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Huge improvement and well overdue ^

I'm sure any bugs will be ironed out over the coming weeks/months.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Really?

It's got more eye candy and fewer features. It doesn't work well on mobile. It doesn't offer multiple class bookings (if you fly Upper outbound the return is forced into Upper with no option to change that I can find). Searching for flights by booking class still isn't possible. Reward flights are now very hard to find as they seem to have hidden the calendar feature.

The only worthwhile addition is the seatmap before booking (although I use EF for that anyway).
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Any transportation website that required me to click a button to get the calendar to appear is very badly designed from the start.

Why on earth add extra clicks to the process?!?!?!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Really annoying design, to have to look at these full page images scrolling to and fro. Please go back to the original cleaner front-end design! This one looks like Virgin America...

Can't find the awards availability calendar. Can't see all classes available on a particular award date at once. Very much more difficult to use for awards booking (maybe that's what they intended).

Will check back in a few days. I travel on both BA and VS TATL - this site will drive me to BA.com (which has, admittedly, it's own weaknesses)
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer

I'm sure any bugs will be ironed out over the coming weeks/months.
Got to disagree with you there... Think its an awful new website and reward seat class calendar is a big miss..hopefully they'll add this again soon!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I was pricing a trip for something next year that now won't happen and I noticed an oddity. The radio buttons for "Cabin" & "Booking Class" are overlaid badly on the Advanced Options section. There is a another radio button underneath the one on top which is slightly and noticeably offset. I've only just seen this thread and it's now obvious that this is teething trouble.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:38 am

Not impressed by the new site so far - trying to claim missing Hertz miles but no link to claiming partner miles that I can see - merely miles flying Virgin
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Anyone seen the refer a friend feature?

You lot you should be grateful you don't run a website with hundreds of links into VA all of which are now broken, as the old links only redirect to the new home page.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
Originally Posted by Raffles
Anyone seen the refer a friend feature?

You lot you should be grateful you don't run a website with hundreds of links into VA all of which are now broken, as the old links only redirect to the new home page.
I really feel for you Raffles ...
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: VS Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Anyone else seeing inaccurate tier point counts? My new TP count (which as I understood it should be just taking the pre-November 13th value and multiplying by 25) is off by about 150 (so 6 TPs under the old system).

I have a suspicion that they didn't count Tier Points accrued with the bonus that they ran earlier this year, but I'm not certain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.