FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   Discussion about, and issues with, new website & booking engine post 13 Nov 16 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/1802068-discussion-about-issues-new-website-booking-engine-post-13-nov-16-a.html)

backdoc Nov 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Discussion about, and issues with, new website & booking engine post 13 Nov 16

The new website is live, replete with new membership numbers and new confirmation numbers for existing reservations; I wasn't expecting that. My next flight leaves in 3 days.

Steve

Silver Fox Nov 13, 2016 1:28 am

Just checked mine, I wasn't expecting the new PNR either. Also, there are two of us on the PNR and our seats swapped with each other. No matter.

mradey Nov 13, 2016 2:00 am

server(s) not well

it's struggling at the moment.. getting a variety of errors, including;

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Finally got on. After updating my details, tried to log back in with my new details and tells me I am locked out and to call Flying Club. In a queue with that.

Also noticed my x years (>10) as continuous Gold Member has been reset to 1 year.

Adey

GrayAnderson Nov 13, 2016 4:14 am

I'm just wincing like hell. I've got a "new" number...about 26 hours before my next flight on DL. Joy. I am not keeping full faith in IT to keep this straight and not lose the points into the ether.

backdoc Nov 13, 2016 5:42 am

Can't log in now either, did last night.

My Gold "years" are also showing as 1.

I fly on VS8 LAX-LHR on Tuesday, should be interesting.

Originally Posted by mradey (Post 27473379)
it's struggling at the moment.. getting a variety of errors, including;

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Finally got on. After updating my details, tried to log back in with my new details and tells me I am locked out and to call Flying Club. In a queue with that.

Also noticed my x years (>10) as continuous Gold Member has been reset to 1 year.

Adey

ctbarron Nov 13, 2016 6:20 am

Miles look ok, no current flight booked, got new FC #.

My past tier points are screwed up. Silver shows, but with 375 tier points (should be 450). It also shows it expiring in Feb 2017 (should be Oct 2017). When I look at activity, tier points show as zero for everything (yet somehow I have 375!), both partner flights and CC activity.

Plus every time I log in I have to set up the security questions again.

CommanderB Nov 13, 2016 6:27 am

Wow... that website sucks on mobile! When are companies going to realise, that the vast majority of browsing is done on mobile nowadays and the key is to design for mobile first then work backwards to tablet and desktop.

The website is nigh on unusable on iPhone. Bad work here VS.

Nottingham Nick Nov 13, 2016 6:36 am

Discussion about new website and booking engine 13 Nov 16

I am going to split posts away from the thread about changes to the flying club to make a separate thread for discussions about the re-vamped Website and the joining to Delta's booking engine.

It is coming live over this weekend. I flew to Dubai last night and the systems being down meant no OLCI - we were supposed to be able to check in via Delta.com but, surprise surprise - just got a series of error messages, despite the website recognising out VS PNR and a Delta PNR.

In the end, it wasn't an issue we got our allocated seats in a very full PE cabin.

Nick

36902BRF Nov 13, 2016 8:14 am

Points on BoA (US) VS card that should have posted on the 8th or 9th (when they always have) are not showing as of today.

UKtravelbear Nov 13, 2016 8:34 am

Originally Posted by 36902BRF (Post 27474112)
Points on BoA (US) VS card that should have posted on the 8th or 9th (when they always have) are not showing as of today.

give it a couple of days. I can see them stopping tasks like this whist the website upgrade was happening and ensuring it was stable Just give them some time to catch up

backdoc Nov 13, 2016 8:48 am

The new app has been released.

Its not too bad.

Originally Posted by CommanderB (Post 27473835)
Wow... that website sucks on mobile! When are companies going to realise, that the vast majority of browsing is done on mobile nowadays and the key is to design for mobile first then work backwards to tablet and desktop.

The website is nigh on unusable on iPhone. Bad work here VS.

biscuit22 Nov 13, 2016 9:24 am

Originally Posted by ctbarron (Post 27473811)
Miles look ok, no current flight booked, got new FC #.

My past tier points are screwed up. Silver shows, but with 375 tier points (should be 450). It also shows it expiring in Feb 2017 (should be Oct 2017). When I look at activity, tier points show as zero for everything (yet somehow I have 375!), both partner flights and CC activity.

Plus every time I log in I have to set up the security questions again.

I noticed my Tier points shows it is expiring in November 2016, which should be
1st April 2017, just called flying club and they confirmed that my Tier Points expires on 30th April 2017 and will eventually be updated on my account.

tnw Nov 13, 2016 9:30 am

Terrible luck here using the new website. Finally was able to log on to my husband's account but now it won't let me change his password. Keeps telling me my password is invalid. Tried requesting via Send My Log In Information and it told me my name, Flying Club number and email were invalid as well.Won't let me into my account and has locked me out. Very frustrating. Tried bypassing log in and put in my Booking Reference number and ticket number and it tells me my ticket number is invalid.......flight is in 2 weeks and was trying to purchase miles with Mileage Booster and of course, it says I have to log in. Hope this is fixed very soon.

Silver Fox Nov 13, 2016 9:50 am

It'a appalling. An epic fail.

36902BRF Nov 13, 2016 10:40 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 27474185)
give it a couple of days. I can see them stopping tasks like this whist the website upgrade was happening and ensuring it was stable Just give them some time to catch up

Yeah I am not worried though I did set up a reminder on my calendar to check again in a week.