Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:58 am

Asking in case anyone has a brilliant idea. I already have (couple weeks ago) a JetBlue one-way booked for August, and I still need to book the other direction. Is there any way I can book the second flight, then 'combine' the reservations and get credit for it as a round trip to satisfy the promo requirements?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
i'd be sure to book a round trip AFTER entering the promotion. i don't think they'll be too flexible.

Also, 2 day jetblue sale going on now. $79 RT flights LGB to OAK and SFO July / Aug same day.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by Pilot05
for those waiting. I submitted Saturday 6/25 at 11am ET and just received my acceptance tonight at 8pm ET
Nothing yet for me. Submitted Friday 6/24 at 5:30PT.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:52 am

Submitted 6/25 at 12pm PST, nothing yet =[
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:53 am
Suspended

Submitted 6/25, 12PM CST, just received registered email about 30 minutes ago! Yay
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dagaetch
Asking in case anyone has a brilliant idea. I already have (couple weeks ago) a JetBlue one-way booked for August, and I still need to book the other direction. Is there any way I can book the second flight, then 'combine' the reservations and get credit for it as a round trip to satisfy the promo requirements?
Not sure what the prices are like, but consider just ignoring your current one-way and buying a new RT (after you get approved for the promo, of course).
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by dagaetch
The going rate (it seems) to satisfy the r/t requirement is about $100 give or take. I could try and do it with work travel, but for $111 I just bought a R/T from Boston to Baltimore. I will fly down mid-week at 8am, turn around and fly back. I'll be back before lunch. I looked at city pairs on sale on the Jetblue site and used the calendar on google flight specifying nonstop and jet blue only. There were other options, buy they didn't work for me.

what do you lose if you cancel the one-way you booked a few weeks ago? One idea is to try to get JB to give you a credit for the one-way (prob less than 50/50) and then buy a new r/t, hopefully on sale?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:21 am

Booking before getting Confirmation

Booking before getting confirmation from Jet Blue should be ok right?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Pilot05
The going rate (it seems) to satisfy the r/t requirement is about $100 give or take. I could try and do it with work travel, but for $111 I just bought a R/T from Boston to Baltimore. I will fly down mid-week at 8am, turn around and fly back. I'll be back before lunch. I looked at city pairs on sale on the Jetblue site and used the calendar on google flight specifying nonstop and jet blue only. There were other options, buy they didn't work for me.
Yeah that's a possibility, I'd just rather not if I can avoid it.

what do you lose if you cancel the one-way you booked a few weeks ago? One idea is to try to get JB to give you a credit for the one-way (prob less than 50/50) and then buy a new r/t, hopefully on sale?
Originally Posted by josephstern
Not sure what the prices are like, but consider just ignoring your current one-way and buying a new RT (after you get approved for the promo, of course).
I've thought about calling to cancel/rebook and seeing if they would give me credit. Downside is the flight I already bought is now $50 more expensive. I guess it's cheaper than buying a second flight. The ticket I already bought is $220 (BOS-SFO) so I don't want to just ignore it.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:23 am
Suspended

One option is to book the r/t ticket with an AMEX Plat to get the cost reimbursed. Anything under $200 total and I've had lots of luck with reimbursements.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:24 am

submitted Sunday afternoon but still no response yet... The wait is excruciating.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by castcore
Booking before getting confirmation from Jet Blue should be ok right?
The one paragraph terms and conditions clearly spells out whether it is okay or not...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Submitted 6/25, 12PM CST, just received registered email about 30 minutes ago! Yay
I submitted shortly after 11am CT on 6/25, and still no e-mail. Hope they aren't losing people as they go through as it seems there have been a few others who have been passed over. The flights I wanted are no longer available for the price I was willing to pay. There is still a less desirable option but I'm worried that I'll lose that option too
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I submitted shortly after 11am CT on 6/25, and still no e-mail. Hope they aren't losing people as they go through as it seems there have been a few others who have been passed over. The flights I wanted are no longer available for the price I was willing to pay. There is still a less desirable option but I'm worried that I'll lose that option too
I sent mine around 10am pt, got mine a couple hours ago.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:44 am

I submitted 6/27 in the AM, still no response as of this morning. Based on all of the data points in this thread it just seems like JetBlue is backed up with all of the registration requests - hopefully they don't change the terms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.