Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:55 am

If I book a JetBlue round trip flight through the Citi ThankYou portal using points, will it count for this?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
I think they will, as the promo T&Cs are very clear about this.
I hear you and I agree it's clear but they had to write the T and Cs that way.

But main goal here is for Elevate members to buy a Jet Blue tickets and fly by 8-31 , why would when it was booked matter?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by castcore

But main goal here is for Elevate members to buy a Jet Blue tickets and fly by 8-31 , why would when it was booked matter?
Are you not reading what is clearly stated?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think we have a volunteer for a test case situation!

Please report back.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

The main goal is for non B6 (already VX) flyers to give B6 a try. The promo will have done absolutely nothing to stimulate new business for already purchased travel.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by hiima
Well been waiting 3 days for confirm email, nothing so decided to book early using the 2 day sale. Its a risk but we will see.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The main goal is for non B6 (already VX) flyers to give B6 a try. The promo will have done absolutely nothing to stimulate new business for already purchased travel.

Well that is me. I joined Jet Blue 2 days ago.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by hiima
I'm waiting for the new thread a couple months from now "JetBlue refuses to honor my pre-existing reservation!"

Could they manually credit the user? Sure. Will they? Not necessarily, especially if the only ticket is the $90 ABC-XYZ return trip and no future trips booked. If I was in his shoes, I certainly wouldn't do it as the small potential savings is not worth the risk to me, especially if I'm denied for the promotion after 24 hours past the booking.

I must be missing something here - I simply cannot figure out why castcore thinks it is a smart move.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lowfareair

I must be missing something here - I simply cannot figure out why castcore thinks it is a smart move.
I cannot either. But mine is not to wonder why. I figure it is worth another $50 to be safe when the payoff is a one way Mint transcon for free plus (depending on the flight I choose) a small bucket of extra points for something else.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I cannot either. But mine is not to wonder why. I figure it is worth another $50 to be safe when the payoff is a one way Mint transcon for free plus (depending on the flight I choose) a small bucket of extra points for something else.
Yes but I did book and cannot really cancel now without Incurring fee.

In retrospect, I agree with all it was not a good move. But its done...
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by dagaetch
If I book a JetBlue round trip flight through the Citi ThankYou portal using points, will it count for this?
i wonder this too. but i couldn't find the Jetblue sale prices through the TY portal ($43 one way sale fares were still showing up as $66 through citi), so I gave up and just booked directly through jetblue.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Sent my e-mail on Saturday afternoon at 3:35pm ET and a follow-up yesterday afternoon. So far haven't heard back, although I did get confirmation on Sunday night for my Mosaic status match that I sent in on Saturday as well.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by odin99
i wonder this too. but i couldn't find the Jetblue sale prices through the TY portal ($43 one way sale fares were still showing up as $66 through citi), so I gave up and just booked directly through jetblue.
My plan was to do it that way. Revenue is revenue.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Does the title of the email matter?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CanesLawMarty
Sent my e-mail on Saturday afternoon at 3:35pm ET and a follow-up yesterday afternoon. So far haven't heard back, although I did get confirmation on Sunday night for my Mosaic status match that I sent in on Saturday as well.
If you 'followed up' by responding to your own email, from my personal experience, you moved yourself to the back of the line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.