Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Trying to figure out if you can transfer SPG -> VX with the VX account being in a different name (same last name, in my case). Anyone know?
No.

"Both the Starwood Preferred Guest and airline frequent flyer program accounts must have identical member names in order to complete this request; different names will cause the transfer to reject."
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
The promo is only running for a little over a week too. If only they would approve my screenshot, been shot down twice already for it being 'too small'. I just resent another full resolution of my entire laptop screen last night.
What times did u submit and hear back?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
What times did u submit and hear back?
I submitted early yesterday (9am PST), heard back at 12pm, sent another, heard back at 5pm PST, submitted another and have not heard back.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
I submitted early yesterday (9am PST), heard back at 12pm, sent another, heard back at 5pm PST, submitted another and have not heard back.
I am not aware of anyone that has heard back today yet.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
My SPG transfer took less than 12 hours. My response from Jet Blue is taking a very long time, though. It's been 4 hours already since I sent the e-mail. I've heard others getting their registration e-mail back in only 3. Hoping for the best, in what is already being touted by some bloggers as the "deal of the year".
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
My SPG transfer took less than 12 hours. My response from Jet Blue is taking a very long time, though. It's been 4 hours already since I sent the e-mail. I've heard others getting their registration e-mail back in only 3. Hoping for the best, in what is already being touted by some bloggers as the "deal of the year".
When did you transfer from SPG to VA?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
When did you transfer from SPG to VA?
Last night close to midnight.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:23 pm

I emailed in late last night. I don't expect a response until later Monday or Tuesday.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:28 pm

I sent mine yesterday at 6:39pm EST and still did not get a reply. From all the blogs and posts I read today I don't think anyone got a reply today so I think they are closed for the weekend.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by dustenm
I sent mine yesterday at 6:39pm EST and still did not get a reply. From all the blogs and posts I read today I don't think anyone got a reply today so I think they are closed for the weekend.
OK. Well, that makes me feel better then.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I sent my request into JetBlue about 11:30 a.m. PST yesterday and received my emailed registration confirmation at about 9:30 last night.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

I wonder about this best deal of the year business, at least as far as transferring SPG or other partner program points to Virgin. There are probably better airline options for transferring such SPG points, given Virgin's high $$ charges for Upper Class awards (as opposed to far lower charges for F awards on other airlines). And while the Virgin miles could become much more valuable once the merger with Alaska goes through, there's also a fair chance that the merger will bring a devaluation in Alaska miles.

Now, the JetBlue miles are a great perk for those holding Virgin miles already, but for the aforementioned reasons, I'm just not sure the transfer of SPG or other points into Virgin miles makes sense.

Having said that, I want to emphasize the "not sure" part of my statement. Do folks feel more confident than I do that a transfer won't suffer excessive opportunity costs? And if so, why?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I wonder about this best deal of the year business, at least as far as transferring SPG or other partner program points to Virgin. There are probably better airline options for transferring such SPG points, given Virgin's high $$ charges for Upper Class awards (as opposed to far lower charges for F awards on other airlines). And while the Virgin miles could become much more valuable once the merger with Alaska goes through, there's also a fair chance that the merger will bring a devaluation in Alaska miles.

Now, the JetBlue miles are a great perk for those holding Virgin miles already, but for the aforementioned reasons, I'm just not sure the transfer of SPG or other points into Virgin miles makes sense.

Having said that, I want to emphasize the "not sure" part of my statement. Do folks feel more confident than I do that a transfer won't suffer excessive opportunity costs? And if so, why?
If you live in a Jet Blue city, it's a great deal, I think. Eventually Virgin miles will become AS miles, in all likelihood. AS has already made their recent major deval with Emirates F, so another deval soon isn't as likely, IMO.

For me, if I'm going to transfer SPG points to airline miles, I'm transferring to AS. That's just me. Since that's the case, this opportunity makes sense for me. I think the chance of AS making a better than 1:1 transfer ratio with Virgin is better than another deval. My 2 cents.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
emailed my screen shot friday morning and got confirmation back friday afternoon. Just booked my day trip SFO>LGB for $126 to get 75,000 bonus points.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
If you live in a Jet Blue city, it's a great deal, I think. Eventually Virgin miles will become AS miles, in all likelihood. AS has already made their recent major deval with Emirates F, so another deval soon isn't as likely, IMO.

For me, if I'm going to transfer SPG points to airline miles, I'm transferring to AS. That's just me. Since that's the case, this opportunity makes sense for me. I think the chance of AS making a better than 1:1 transfer ratio with Virgin is better than another deval. My 2 cents.
Thanks for this Preacher7. I'm not totally convinced, but it's certainly a very valid point of view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.