Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
They are probably indeed closed for the weekend.

I sent in my info on Friday at 6:25pm EST and still have not heard anything as of Saturday night at 9:30pm.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Preacher7
If you live in a Jet Blue city, it's a great deal, I think. Eventually Virgin miles will become AS miles, in all likelihood. AS has already made their recent major deval with Emirates F, so another deval soon isn't as likely, IMO.

For me, if I'm going to transfer SPG points to airline miles, I'm transferring to AS. That's just me. Since that's the case, this opportunity makes sense for me. I think the chance of AS making a better than 1:1 transfer ratio with Virgin is better than another deval. My 2 cents.
Don't forget the Cathay deval there also.

But I've overloaded on SPG miles that I'll want to whittle away before the merger does whatever it will do to them, so I see them going to airlines anyway. This accelerates that a little, but gives me a nice bump in the process.

Frankly, Hyatt's status match really worked for me, and I'm shooting for Hyatt Platinum this year since I like it so much, so that means I'm burning far fewer SPG points.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Trying to get in on this, transferring points between SPG accounts. Nail-bitingly slow...
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:41 am
Suspended

They are probably getting a bit backed up on emails as well as this deal spreads across the interwebz. Response times are probably going to be a bit slower.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by josephstern

But I've overloaded on SPG miles that I'll want to whittle away before the merger does whatever it will do to them, so I see them going to airlines anyway. This accelerates that a little, but gives me a nice bump in the process.

Frankly, Hyatt's status match really worked for me, and I'm shooting for Hyatt Platinum this year since I like it so much, so that means I'm burning far fewer SPG points.
What cathay deval? And why would you go for hyatt plat? There's no tangible benefits.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by josephstern

You alluded to the upcoming SPG-Marriott merger. IMO, there's a better chance of a Starpoint deval with that merger than an AS point deval with their Virgin merger. For me, anying less than 3 MR points per Starpoint is a deval, and I think 3:1 is a real stretch.

Having said that, I'm not hesitant to make a transfer like this for a deal like this. I can see us transferring a good portion of our Starpoints to airlines before the merger anyway. I manage a group of accounts with collectively over 1M Starpoints, so to make a single 40K transfer here isn't going to make much of a dent in our stash.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:42 am

I got my an email confirming I'm enrolled in the points match. I sent in my request around 6PM EDT Friday and heard back at 12:18AM EDT Sunday. Looks like there definitely is someone there doing matches over the weekend or maybe they've outsourced it?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by roamtheblue
I got my an email confirming I'm enrolled in the points match. I sent in my request around 6PM EDT Friday and heard back at 12:18AM EDT Sunday. Looks like there definitely is someone there doing matches over the weekend or maybe they've outsourced it?
Thx for the data point. Still waiting here...
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:39 am

delete

Last edited by metoo; Jun 26, 2016 at 5:26 pm
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by babypuwet
What cathay deval? And why would you go for hyatt plat? There's no tangible benefits.
My mistake - Diamond. Right, Platinum is useless. I'm just so accustomed to the SPG world that Platinum is the level I always aim for - but it's Diamond with Hyatt.

On the Cathay issue - I didn't realize that the deval from Alaska was a mistake. So ignore that. They had changed the award chart, but I guess that turned out to be an IT problem, not a deval. Too bad for me and Alaska - it caused me to not credit miles there recently, even though it wasn't correct.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:31 am

Did a google search and found one person denied for Jetblue promo match because there was no record of a flight taken from Virgin America.

Is this a requirement for eligibility?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Did a google search and found one person denied for Jetblue promo match because there was no record of a flight taken from Virgin America.

Is this a requirement for eligibility?
There's nothing in the offer terms indicating that this is a requirement. Jetblue would take a ton of flack for using a generous offer to generate free advertising only to go and change the terms later.

Do you have a link for your data point?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mster
There's nothing in the offer terms indicating that this is a requirement. Jetblue would take a ton of flack for using a generous offer to generate free advertising only to go and change the terms later.

Do you have a link for your data point?
It was a comment on VFTW, most likely from a toll as several people report being approved with no segments on VX.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
It was a comment on VFTW, most likely from a toll as several people report being approved with no segments on VX.
Guessing it was a troll here too. Thanks for adding a source.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Thx for the data point. Still waiting here...
Same here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.