Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre-Check and Virgin America

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Pre check is not until you get past the ID check. You will be directed to it after you get the 3 beeps

Edit: actually that's not correct any longer. They do have a pre check only line now. It is next to the priority line.

Last edited by SoCalZman; Dec 1, 2013 at 10:12 am
Old Nov 30, 2013, 5:46 pm

Awesome, thank you!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: Virgin (2), Air France, United
Pre Check at VX SFO

Originally Posted by icequeen
I'm flying Virgin for the first time with Pre check at SFO and wonder where is the pre check line? Do you still go to the regular security line or is it located somewhere else? I've never noticed it at Virgin before when I wasn't pre check.
Just go way to the left of the main line. Separate entry, smooth and expedited. Very nice experience.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA CK; UA 1P
The TSA website now lists the center pier as having precheck - specifically noting VX. No mention of DCA on the VX website though.

I usually fly IAD-SFO/LAX but will scope this out on Friday prior to my DCA-SFO flight.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/airlines-airports#VA

Originally Posted by 14940674
Both the south and the center pier are called Terminal B. They have yet to establish PreCheck at center pier, which is the one used by VX. To use PreCheck, you have to go up to the north pier. Once you have cleared PreCheck, you can take an airside shuttle, operated by US, to the center pier.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by senatestaffer
The TSA website now lists the center pier as having precheck - specifically noting VX. No mention of DCA on the VX website though.

I usually fly IAD-SFO/LAX but will scope this out on Friday prior to my DCA-SFO flight.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/airlines-airports#VA
I have been to DCA since they added PreCheck to the center pier. It is located on the far left of the checkpoint. It should work for VX.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Airplanes!
TSA Pre-Check and Virgin America

I flew out of LAX this morning for a 7am flight. I went through security at 6am. The precheck line wasn't open yet but the agents processed me through the normal line but with precheck perks. It took longer than usual but it was nice to not have to be subject to the normal rules still. All of the agents were helpful.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ShikaSenbei
I flew out of LAX this morning for a 7am flight. I went through security at 6am. The precheck line wasn't open yet but the agents processed me through the normal line but with precheck perks. It took longer than usual but it was nice to not have to be subject to the normal rules still. All of the agents were helpful.
I had a similar experience after thanksgiving, though it was midday I think they haven't actually opened the precheck lane yet. Today no dice, I asked and explained that last month I was given a red card but the clerk just replied precheck wasn't open yet....
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by dhuey
No idea, but if you travel abroad much, I highly recommend Global Entry. $100 for five years, and you'll get a Trusted Traveler no. for TSA Pre-Check.
I should note that Nexus is half the price if you have no problems also consenting to a background check from Canada.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
PreCheck not on Boarding Pass

Bought ticket from Alaska on VX for tomorrow, SFO to PVR. When I made the reservation i provided my Known Traveler Number and confirmed it was in reservation recently. Upon check in today there was no Pre Check designation on my boarding pass. Agents for VX and AS say they can’t resolve issue, just try at the airport. Normally not the end of the world but tomorrow expected to be busy travel day of the year. Any ideas on best way to proceed?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Tonys1234
Bought ticket from Alaska on VX for tomorrow, SFO to PVR. When I made the reservation i provided my Known Traveler Number and confirmed it was in reservation recently. Upon check in today there was no Pre Check designation on my boarding pass. Agents for VX and AS say they can’t resolve issue, just try at the airport. Normally not the end of the world but tomorrow expected to be busy travel day of the year. Any ideas on best way to proceed?
I would try the following, in order:

1. Try again on the phone with VX (doubt AS will be able to do anything since it's not its reservation/boarding pass). I don't know why they would not be able to do whatever could be done by a VX employee at the airport.
2. If 1 fails, see what the manual check-in line looks like at the VX desk. Only if the wait looks meaningfully shorter than the difference between pre-check security and non would I bother trying to get help there. (Obviously helps if you have status or are flying F and can use that line.)
3. Bring your Global Entry (or whatever your KTN vehicle is) and see if the TSA agent will let you into the pre-check line despite the lack of designation on the boarding pass. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

To end on a positive note, my wife and I flew SFO-JFK last Thursday and for the first time I've ever experienced at SFO, the pre-check line was backed all the way past the Starbucks at T2 -- and the priority check-in line was *significantly* shorter. We ended up using that line instead and definitely made it through quicker than the people who had been in the back of the pre-check line. It was my first non-pre-check security experience at SFO in at least 3-4 years and -- probably because it was the priority line -- the passengers moved through very efficiently. While it obviously still moves slower than the pre-check line, it was nice not to have the frustration of "randomly selected for pre-check Grandpa" holding up the line by unnecessarily taking off his belt and shoes and then walking through with his keys in his pocket.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Delete and re-enter your KTN in your reservation on the VX website.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by shza
I would try the following, in order:

1. Try again on the phone with VX (doubt AS will be able to do anything since it's not its reservation/boarding pass). I don't know why they would not be able to do whatever could be done by a VX employee at the airport.
2. If 1 fails, see what the manual check-in line looks like at the VX desk. Only if the wait looks meaningfully shorter than the difference between pre-check security and non would I bother trying to get help there. (Obviously helps if you have status or are flying F and can use that line.)
3. Bring your Global Entry (or whatever your KTN vehicle is) and see if the TSA agent will let you into the pre-check line despite the lack of designation on the boarding pass. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

To end on a positive note, my wife and I flew SFO-JFK last Thursday and for the first time I've ever experienced at SFO, the pre-check line was backed all the way past the Starbucks at T2 -- and the priority check-in line was *significantly* shorter. We ended up using that line instead and definitely made it through quicker than the people who had been in the back of the pre-check line. It was my first non-pre-check security experience at SFO in at least 3-4 years and -- probably because it was the priority line -- the passengers moved through very efficiently. While it obviously still moves slower than the pre-check line, it was nice not to have the frustration of "randomly selected for pre-check Grandpa" holding up the line by unnecessarily taking off his belt and shoes and then walking through with his keys in his pocket.
Thanks a lot for the response.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Tonys1234
Wife and I had the exact same thing happen last month! Purchased our tickets from AS and flew on VX. We've both been TSA Pre Check for years, and have never not gotten it until this trip. Neither of us had it on SFO-DAL leg, I got PRE on the return but she didn't. We're both VX and AS frequent fliers, and our Known Traveler Numbers are in both their systems!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by dayone
Delete and re-enter your KTN in your reservation on the VX website.
This is what worked for us.
When I do online check in, look at boarding passes. I do not print them out if pre-check is not indicated. I go back and re-enter KTN to accounts and check in for flight again.
Usually works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.