Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre-Check and Virgin America

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by gooseman13
I'm surprised that VX doesn't have more of a campaign to encourage people to sign up for Global Entry.
How many International destinations does VX even have? A few in Mexico...

You don't need to have Global Entry to qualify for precheck.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by gooseman13
On another note, please please open pre-check at LAX T3. What a mess.
Hear, hear! I was thrilled when VX announced Pre✓, but was quickly dismayed when I realized there is no setup at LAX. So sad.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by chiefkays
Hear, hear! I was thrilled when VX announced Pre✓, but was quickly dismayed when I realized there is no setup at LAX. So sad.
And the TSA has plenty of room for it too. No matter how long the line I only ever see two security lines open but they have 4 or so lanes.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by LarkSFO

You're right in general but I believe right now you only can use precheck with VX if you already have a trusted traveler number. Also I'm guessing its easier for VX if you apply through CBP directly rather than VX doing processing themselves.

Last edited by gooseman13; Jun 26, 2013 at 3:39 pm
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
so i thought VX would work similar to UA - i put my trusted traveler #in my VX profile once and i'm all set for future reservations. turns out that's not the case. i was told by gold customer service line that for bookings NOT booked with virgin directly, you have to call in to have them manually add your trusted traveler # to the reservation.

just like the MCS upgrade requiring calling in every time for non-direct bookings - this is another limitation of their crappy IT system. this is very annoying for corporate travelers who are required to book through corporate travel systems.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:15 am

I was able to add my # to my reservations already in place over their chat line too, so that is another option that might be easier.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LarkSFO

Yeah, but PreCheck only works domestically (for the most part). So why would you care about how many international destinations they have?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Confirm PreCheck selection from boarding pass

Flew from SFO to LAS this weekend and it was my first opportunity to use PreCheck (became a GE member in February).

SFO at 3:45p on Thursday, LAS at 12:15pm on Sunday. Seamless experience both times. It's amazing how easy it was to get thru security.

Using a barcode scanner, I found the difference in the boarding pass barcode that confirms you've been selected for PreCheck. The "30" highlighted in red is for PreCheck. It would be "00" for no PreCheck.

"M1LASTNAME/FIRSTMIDDLEEJXJXJX SFOLASVX 0910 192M009C0017
14B>1180WW3192BVX 29984 30
>160MEQCIGYCnMQR8xqWhqyV/SSXkicLJyKCHlTbQ5HhhFBHkBg9AiBHAhtbesot5Hs/lW95wah4LSfm089Sf6iNj2hGFya5oQ=="

With future trips to ORD and IAH (on UA), I am ecstatic that PreCheck works well.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by gobears293
Flew from SFO to LAS this weekend and it was my first opportunity to use PreCheck (became a GE member in February).

SFO at 3:45p on Thursday, LAS at 12:15pm on Sunday. Seamless experience both times. It's amazing how easy it was to get thru security.

Using a barcode scanner, I found the difference in the boarding pass barcode that confirms you've been selected for PreCheck. The "30" highlighted in red is for PreCheck. It would be "00" for no PreCheck.

"M1LASTNAME/FIRSTMIDDLEEJXJXJX SFOLASVX 0910 192M009C0017
14B>1180WW3192BVX 29984 30
>160MEQCIGYCnMQR8xqWhqyV/SSXkicLJyKCHlTbQ5HhhFBHkBg9AiBHAhtbesot5Hs/lW95wah4LSfm089Sf6iNj2hGFya5oQ=="

With future trips to ORD and IAH (on UA), I am ecstatic that PreCheck works well.
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. The PreCheck (and API bit, which is what the 0 or 2 at the end is normally for) is typically at the end of the ticket number, but I'm not seeing that in your blob above. Weird.

Do you know what time PreCheck closes at SFO T2?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Closes at 5pm I believe at SFO.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by unavaca
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. The PreCheck (and API bit, which is what the 0 or 2 at the end is normally for) is typically at the end of the ticket number, but I'm not seeing that in your blob above. Weird.

Do you know what time PreCheck closes at SFO T2?
I used the Manatee Works "MW - Barcode Scanner" iPhone app to check the code from my boarding pass. Could a different scanner spit out a slightly different output based on how it reads the code?

I did notice this code is different than what I've seen posted for UA boarding passes.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 2:00 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
I can't believe SFO shuts it down at 5:00pm. I've seen them open the lane up here at PDX for a single PreCheck person.

For those who were PreCheck qualified but the lane was closed, did you at least get to avoid the NoS without an opt out? They should make WTMD the default for PreCheck cleared travelers, even if the regular lane is closed.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 5:01 pm

There is a completely separate line at entry for pre-check at T-2. After 5p they close that completely. The triple beep didn't do anything special for me I don't think.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: CX DM, VX Gold, UA 1MM Gold, SPG Gold, MR/Ritz Gold, Hertz 5*
The triple beep does nothing. Night shift TSA agents have never seen the line up and running.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:08 am

I complained to SFO directly and they told me to send my feedback directly to the TSA as they set the times the lines are open. So, send some feedback to the TSA people. Lets not just whine about it on here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.