Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre-Check and Virgin America

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I like the setup for it at SFO. Dedicated pre-check line that (as long as people aren't sneaking in) should ensure a short wait. Time for me to dump Clear!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
All you did was update your online profile with your GE number? I did that yesterday. I am hoping thats all I have to do to get precheck on my already scheduled flights this month.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I'm not sure but I don't think that will do it. I think for already booked travel the trusted traveler number needs to be added in manually to those reservations. Even then it may or may not work, depending on whether the reservation already went through the TSA vetting process.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA G
Has anyone tried this on already-ticketed itineraries? Do we need to call in to have a pass ID added to an existing itinerary?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:12 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Thrilled about this! It's about time. VX will now be capturing most of my west coast revenue as a result. ^
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gooseman13
I'm not sure but I don't think that will do it. I think for already booked travel the trusted traveler number needs to be added in manually to those reservations. Even then it may or may not work, depending on whether the reservation already went through the TSA vetting process.
FYI based on my experience with other airlines/what I have read, the PASS ID (from Global Entry, SENTRI, or NEXUS) has to be added to individual reservations, but it doesn't usually matter when it is added (I have added to flights on other airlines less than 24 hours before the flight and it came back as PreCheck immediately when I checked in right after getting off the phone).
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:56 am

I used the click to chat button on the VX website yesterday and they added my trusted traveler number to all my existing reservations for me. I will find out on thursday if it worked!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
PHL

Such a lonely TSA precheck line here in E at PHL, just waiting for VX to do the Elevate version so that more passengers can use it here.

Rasheed
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:57 pm

well I was at SFO at 6pm yesterday, went through the priority line like usual, and got the 3 beeps that mean I am pre check. She told me to go to the regular line. I was so bummed. I asked where I go for pre check, and she says the lane was closed. I asked when it was open. She said she has never seen it open this late.

soooo....it looks like if you fly in the late afternoon/evening you can forget about enjoying precheck. What a bust.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
well I was at SFO at 6pm yesterday, went through the priority line like usual, and got the 3 beeps that mean I am pre check. She told me to go to the regular line. I was so bummed. I asked where I go for pre check, and she says the lane was closed. I asked when it was open. She said she has never seen it open this late.

soooo....it looks like if you fly in the late afternoon/evening you can forget about enjoying precheck. What a bust.
Even the T3 (UA) line closes at 6:00...

Once they see more volume, I am sure they will start keeping pre check lines open later.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: CX DM, VX Gold, UA 1MM Gold, SPG Gold, MR/Ritz Gold, Hertz 5*
SFO Hours

Just went thru security at T2 in SFO. Got the three beeps but PreCheck line was cordoned off. The guy checking the ID has said that he starts work at 6pm and never has seen that line in operation. I doubt he even knows what the three beeps mean.

After going thru the machine, I asked another agent about the hours and she said that the Precheck line closes at 5PM.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:42 am

Yeah I asked at SFO the other day and they told me 5pm as well. Everytime I've been through it's been completely empty.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:50 am

I always fly in the evening, too. Kind of a bummer with all the hype and getting excited to use it and then find out we wont be able to. Oh well. Haha.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:13 pm
nnn
Original Poster

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Even the T3 (UA) line closes at 6:00...

Once they see more volume, I am sure they will start keeping pre check lines open later.
On the UA board someone just reported the T3 line now staying open until midnight, so maybe there is hope for T2 staying open past 5 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:18 pm

I've been flying weekly between DFW and SFO. At DFW (admittedly on Fridays) I would say every 3rd or 4th person gets the triple beep - mostly Delta people I think. At SFO I've never seen anyone else using pre-check. I'm surprised that VX doesn't have more of a campaign to encourage people to sign up for Global Entry.

On another note, please please open pre-check at LAX T3. What a mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.