Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your problems from reservation systems migration here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2007, 9:36 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by martin33
nearly two months on, we're midway through one of the roughest weeks yet in the hub terminals:

Monday 4/16: 13% departures on-time PHL, 16% CLT
Tuesday: 23% PHL, 35% CLT
Wednesday: 19% PHL, 42% CLT
and Thursday is not looking so grand either, so far.
Like I said it another thread, seems like nothing is on time any more. It's real bad.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Like I said it another thread, seems like nothing is on time any more. It's real bad.
rounding out a very rotten week...

Thursday 4/19: departures on-time 29% PHL, 34% CLT
Friday: 35% PHL, 36% CLT
Saturday: 40% PHL, 45% CLT
Sunday: 34% PHL, 44% CLT
Old Apr 27, 2007, 9:10 pm

a bit of a better week for CLT, but joy remains in short supply at PHL:

Monday 4/23: departures on-time 30% PHL, 53% CLT
Tuesday: 44% PHL, 63% CLT
Wednesday: 43% PHL, 66% CLT
Thursday: 33% PHL, 59% CLT
Friday: 18% PHL, 49% CLT
Old Apr 28, 2007, 8:53 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I remain shocked that this has gone on this long. I don't know why I'm shocked, but I am.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 9:16 am

I am about one flight away from bagging it in with US. I called reservations to get a RT ticket, PHL>RSW. Easy? Wrong. The agent could hardly speak English and when I wanted to upgrade with miles to First Class he told me that I could not do it and as a Preferred passenger, it would happen automatically a few days before. I tried to explain that with some mobility issues, I didn't want to leave it to chance (am now lowly Silver). He refused to get a supervisor to help. I gave up, got the ticket (which I had to do via the phone because I have a Mac and Safari won't interface and paid more!). Then I called up my old Platinum number and begged forgiveness (I have no Silver card yet) and it was done in about a minute.

Still Ranting and booking my Business class London flights on BA.
Old May 8, 2007, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyastrojets
I remain shocked that this has gone on this long.
and on. and on. at the two month mark, terminal troubles remain persistent in mainline East:

Saturday 4/28: departures on-time 51% PHL, 46% CLT
Sunday: 49% PHL, 44% CLT
Monday: 53% PHL, 57% CLT
Tuesday: 47% PHL, 60% CLT
Wednesday: 32% PHL, 50% CLT
Thursday: 50% PHL, 44% CLT
Friday: 43% PHL, 43% CLT
Saturday: 52% PHL, 49% CLT
Sunday: 40% PHL, 44% CLT
Monday 5/7: 41% PHL, 55% CLT

Monday's East mainline arrivals came in at 59% on-time, four points better than the "unusual" March average.
Old May 12, 2007, 1:37 pm

Migration brings a return of an old incorrect address problem

A couple of years ago an incorrect postal address was attached to my identification - I *think* it was generated from a travel company that handles many of the conferences I attend.

Made sure that all of my airline/hotel/auto accounts reflect the same PO box, email and telephone number I use for business. Thought I was done by last summer.

Discovered Thursday night that USAir's migration brought the return of the incorrect postal address. No wonder I never got this year's DM card.

The renewal notice for my Club card still used the pre-merger DM alpha-numeric number. I continue to receive quarterly emails from the old USAir alpha-numeric DM number, showing no new activity since the merger ... but the miles transferred to the new DM account.

Mike
Old May 12, 2007, 1:39 pm

Smile

Oh no this thread is still around.
Old May 14, 2007, 12:18 pm

Oh no this thread is still around.
remarkable, isn't it? all that jabber about bad weather in march, and still we wait for a definitive upward trend, eight weeks on. certainly this was one of the worst weeks in a long time at PHL.

Tuesday 5/8: departures on-time 51% PHL, 54% CLT
Wednesday: 37% PHL, 26% CLT
Thursday: 24% PHL, 51% CLT
Friday: 33% PHL, 40% CLT
Saturday: 18% PHL, 35% CLT
Sunday 5/13: 40% PHL, 43% CLT
Old May 14, 2007, 1:37 pm
PHXFqtvl

Originally Posted by martin33
remarkable, isn't it? all that jabber about bad weather in march, and still we wait for a definitive upward trend, eight weeks on. certainly this was one of the worst weeks in a long time at PHL.

Tuesday 5/8: departures on-time 51% PHL, 54% CLT
Wednesday: 37% PHL, 26% CLT
Thursday: 24% PHL, 51% CLT
Friday: 33% PHL, 40% CLT
Saturday: 18% PHL, 35% CLT
Sunday 5/13: 40% PHL, 43% CLT
Define 'on-time' departures. Most airlines measure DOT A14 as their on-time performance, which is 'arrived withing 15 minutes of the scheduled time'... Departures are usually ignored as different flight times to destinations will cause the departure to be early or late depending on a variety of circumstances.

Old May 14, 2007, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by PHXFqtvl
Define 'on-time' departures.
It's the same 15 minutes or more definition. And yes, for most airlines departure and arrival percentages are within a hairsbreadth of each other. If you have been following the thread, you know that with US East that is often not the case, and the two have differed by up to 30 points on a given day. Sometimes they "make it up" and sometimes they don't. That's not telling us much about whether the checkin-process-board experience is doing what it's supposed to or not, however.

The tracking of departures here is done because that is a more widely felt indicator of whether the two all-important East hub terminals are crowded and stressed, or running relatively smoothly. Tracking hub arrivals does not give that information, since some folks head for further woes at PHL baggage claim, for instance, and some head on to other flights.

Since the March migration, on-time performance took a swan dive from which it has largely not recovered.
Old May 15, 2007, 5:55 am

Programs: UA, AA
Can the departure numbers really still be impacted by the reservation migration at this point?

Granted, I've not flown through Philly or Charlotte, but from what I've seen at PIT, LGA, and MCO, it seems more like the usual things such as weather and traffic causing delays.
Old May 15, 2007, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
Can the departure numbers really still be impacted by the reservation migration at this point?

Granted, I've not flown through Philly or Charlotte, but from what I've seen at PIT, LGA, and MCO, it seems more like the usual things such as weather and traffic causing delays.
According to the c/s folks here Shares is still causing delays. It;s not good at all & that's being nice.
Old May 21, 2007, 5:25 pm

According to the c/s folks here Shares is still causing delays. It;s not good at all & that's being nice.
given the persistence of the numbers, it seems tough to blame weather and traffic for all of it. I suppose we could go back and dig out the pre-Shares numbers to see what fraction of the change might be related.

meanwhile, PHL might even be getting worse. the latest week's hub terminal woes:

Monday 5/14: departures on-time 33% PHL, 43% CLT
Tuesday: 38% PHL, 55% CLT
Wednesday: 38% PHL, 56% CLT
Thursday: 28% PHL, 32% CLT
Friday: 27% PHL, 34% CLT
Saturday: 40% PHL, 54% CLT
Sunday 5/20: 40% PHL, 40% CLT
Old May 23, 2007, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Seems as if the delays are also affecting the longhauls as well. I've been keeping my eye on PHL-ARN, and that flight has been taking substantial delays every day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.