Wiki Posts
Search

Report your problems from reservation systems migration here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:58 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
therapeutic rant

copy of my latest email to US SM program:

I am so tired of hassling with the USAirways web site, phone, and email problems. I don't even know why I am bothering to write this email since I will just get some canned response that won't even acknowledge the problem. But, I guess I am a masochist, so here goes.

I have two award tickets for travel April 4 from RDU to LGW via PHL. They were made at separate times and so are on separate confirmation #s. One for me and one for my wife. When I first made them, they appeared on my online account when I logged in at your web site. After a while, they disappeared, but I could enter the confirmation codes manually and get them to display. Since your recent system integration, I can't even do that any more.

I spent a half hour on the phone with your Gold line yesterday who talked to tech support and said it was all fixed and gave me new confirmation codes that were supposed to work. I tried those codes this AM on your web site and got the same old error message that says "sorry can't find your reservation".

That error message also says to call Web Tech Support, but I always get a busy signal when I try that phone #.

You guys are killing me slowly with multiple cuts. I renewed my Club membership in July of 06 and you still haven't been able to send a new membership card. I still haven't gotten a new Gold DM card. You screw up your DM IT programs and mistakenly promote a bunch of people to Gold by accident who hardly even fly, but I get demoted to Gold from Chairman after flying over 60 segments last year.

I'm really searching for a reason why I should go out of my way to stay loyal to USAirways.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:06 am

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Originally Posted by RDU-Man
copy of my latest email to US SM program:
RDU-Man, I think your sentiment is earnest and right on. I can sympathize which is unfortunate in itself. I think you might want to consider what your goal is. If you are truly jumping ship then I don't see a problem with speaking your mind. But if you are trying to affect any change you might consider being a little more formal. Again, all about what you are trying to accomplish....nevertheless its just sad to see how many of us are having these problems. I still dont have my Club card (also from July 06)...in fact they have twice told me my membership is expired, so I have to carry my credit card statement to prove when I bought it.

On a separate note, has anyone had trouble with mileage posting to their account? Last Thursday I flew ATL-CLT-RIC... the GA in CLT couldn't figure out how to clear standby passengers so they just put us on the plane. Now I dont have credit for the flight. I've written in, but still...come on!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, CET Diamond, MGM Gold
SpaceBass,
LiveHelp talk with an agent via the website may help you get your miles. It did for me and several others who flew on merger weekend. Be sure to have your confirmation code and ticket number.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by nottooshabby
SpaceBass,
LiveHelp talk with an agent via the website may help you get your miles. It did for me and several others who flew on merger weekend. Be sure to have your confirmation code and ticket number.
Are you kidding me? The mention of the live chat sends my blood boiling (fortunately I'm still laughing at the cowbell quote...love that one! ). I tried live chat two times, its slow, painful and they are completely incompetent (or un-empowered).
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by SpaceBass
Are you kidding me? The mention of the live chat sends my blood boiling (fortunately I'm still laughing at the cowbell quote...love that one! ). I tried live chat two times, its slow, painful and they are completely incompetent (or un-empowered).
oh - yeah. In my recent post, I forgot to mention that I have also tried Live Chat and never even gotten to connect with anyone. You fill in the form, click the button, I get a message that says "sorry - we are all busy - try again later", and as a final slap in the face, it clears out the form so that, if you are masochistic enough to try again, you have to re-enter everything in the initial submittal form.

My post was mostly for therapy because I know nothing is going to change (I don't actually expect a constructive response from US). I just need a mental coping strategy because I don't have that many options flying where I need to fly.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:19 am

My post was mostly for therapy because I know nothing is going to change (I don't actually expect a constructive response from US). I just need a mental coping strategy because I don't have that many options flying where I need to fly.
Amen to that! I cannot figure out another strategy right now except to split my time between DL (to ATL) and UA (on US metal to SBY)... I'm stuck at the moment and it stinks. I may adopt your coping strategy and just send an email every time they irk me.... then again, I'm not sure my email server can take that!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
oh - yeah. In my recent post, I forgot to mention that I have also tried Live Chat and never even gotten to connect with anyone. You fill in the form, click the button, I get a message that says "sorry - we are all busy - try again later", and as a final slap in the face, it clears out the form so that, if you are masochistic enough to try again, you have to re-enter everything in the initial submittal form.
While I did get the "sorry, we're busy", and feared I would need to re-enter all my info, my form stayed filled and I just hit resubmit a couple of times until I got through.

The agent wasn't able to help with my flights (it ended up as a 40 minute phone conversation, so he was correct in saying it was complex and better handled by phone), but did get my lifetime miles and a few other answers. I found it rather convenient for simple tasks - although I can't think of anything else I'd use it for.

---------------------------
"And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!"

"Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all be wearing gold-plated diapers."
"What does that mean?"
"Never question Bruce Dickinson! Roll it! "
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:24 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
The checkin computer printed a receipt for someone elses itinerary. Didn't notice till I got home.

Also, I swear this migration was really just an excuse to raise fares. Some of online prices of my regular flights are still almost double the 'normal' cost. I should not have to call the CP line to have them track down a reasonable rate.
The fact that when I do book thru CP it still doesn't post to my on-line acct is also VERY annoying.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: US-CP 11+yrs now just Silver as a Million Mile FlyerHH-Diamond, PC-Plat, Choice-Gold, Marriott- Plat
Originally Posted by SpaceBass
My recent experience with live chat was very different. I was connected to a CSR within about 2 minutes of my first attempt. She was prompt, polite and professional. She was able to do what I asked. The entire exchange took less time than I would have been on hold waiting for the CP Desk to answer. I will use it again when I am at my PC or Laptop.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
My experiences with live chat have been generally quite positive.

None of my reservations have allowed me to use OLCI since the migration () however the live chat agent has been able to fix it in minutes each time.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:57 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
We had 3 future PNRs before migration. 2 award and one standard. One of the award PNRs did not "convert" to a new Locator number and wouldn't show up on-line. We tried calling the internet help line as the "We're sorry" message suggested. They took a while, came back on and said all should be well. We asked for email confirmations on all 3 new Locator #'s. Next morning, still no email. I used live chat - only took 3 tries - and explained what had transpired so far. "Susan" took some time to check and then said that since my flt wasn't till July, it would be better if I waited another week or so to work on getting it to show up on-line. But...she would email me a duplicate receipt immediately. She waited on line till I told her I had it. This is the 3rd time I've used Live Chat. It's not always available, but when I do get in, they always work till I get an answer. **Tip - Don't bother filling out the question till you're connected. You have more than enough time to type (or C&P from notepad) your question after the first welcome screen comes up.
Hubby called in again today and they're sending email - not here yet - and was also told it'll be another week before all the PNR's show up on-line.
Eileen
Old Mar 13, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Big Peeze on the site...

One of my biggest peeves is the lack of functionality around your account. It doesn't propose the reservations that you can check in on the front page, it does not put in your name or information on the check in form (even though signed in). And all reservations NOT made on the site, do NOT appear under my "MY DIVIDEND MILES". If you go to United Airlines, you can see all your reservations, no matter how they were booked. I think that US Airways needs to clean up and enhance the online process before forcing us online for everything,

I had issues with converted reservations that were upgraded, it caused "issues"
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum;
Ok Ill eat crow. Much to my surprise flying this morning turned out to be pretty uneventful. Early morning lines for a baggage checkin were a bit longer than usual at FLL. I think the kiosks were working as lines were slowly moving as well. At security, the elite security line was gone (see my new thread) but 4 lines were open at 6:10am so the line was short and moved smoothly. Now for the real good news. It turned out that the seat chart for OLCI was correct, even though it wasnt made clear to phone agents or web personnel that there was an equipment change. Shouldn't they have known? US 1690 was going to be a 767 with 24 FC seats. That meant an upgrade, a rarity for Plat on an early morning flight to PHL. A familiar gate agent (sorry I dont know his name) seemed to have caught on to the SHARES program and arranged upgrades fairly quickly. He also seemed glad to have the opportunity to make his regular customers happy by giving them upgrades after a rough week for all. His co agent was a lot less familiar with the system and was struggling with a manual by her side. On board it was great to have a wide body fly to PHL, even just for a day. Wouldnt it be great to have a 767 regularly fly the route?
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: US CP, *A Gold, Intercontinental Plat. Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by usa18dca
I hate the 7th row on the 737-400s and I am shocked at the understaffing at PBI...that is my home airport and I have constantly told US I am available for rehire at PBI ASAP to start working at the station again.

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at all

Atleast did you make use of the nice new sports Bar at Gate B5?
7A was awful, never going to do that again. (I think it was the first time I was in that row. I booked last minute, and I did not check SeatGuru beforehand. Nothing like trying to look out a window! If you are claustrophobic, that and 7F are the ones to avoid!)

One would think on a Sunday evening at PBI, it would be fully staffed! Urrrr. Nevertheless, the Sports Bar at B5 was packed. Was the place to be! However, the long line from B7 was overflowing to the bar area.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Well a nice change in CLT tonight. From where I was looked like most everything on time. Of course loads were not as heavy & I think the only atc problems were around DFW & IAH but didn;t appear to effect US here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.