Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your problems from reservation systems migration here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried to pull up an itinerary today on the website. It's an award paper ticket for travel in Oct. I managed to get the new SHARES confirmation number via the webchat after I gave them the old SABER confirmation number.

After talking to web tech support I found out that the POS website cannot bring up a paper ticketed itineray at this time. So until their IT department gets around to reimplementing this feature, anyone holding paper tickets is out of luck if they want to check their itinerary.

It's been less then a week, and I already miss virtuallythere.com
Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wr_schwab
I tried to pull up an itinerary today on the website. It's an award paper ticket for travel in Oct. I managed to get the new SHARES confirmation number via the webchat after I gave them the old SABER confirmation number.

After talking to web tech support I found out that the POS website cannot bring up a paper ticketed itineray at this time. So until their IT department gets around to reimplementing this feature, anyone holding paper tickets is out of luck if they want to check their itinerary.

It's been less then a week, and I already miss virtuallythere.com
If you're holding a paper ticket, be glad they still let you fly at all.

In all seriousness, I'd cut them some slack on this one. UA insisted on issuing me a paper ticket for a partner award earlier this year, and there was no end to the trouble I had when the partner cancelled the flight. Not only was their no website support, they made me go to a ticket counter to change the darn thing.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 6:07 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by wr_schwab

I was able to bring up my paper ticketed itinerary online. It's probably a hit or miss situation.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:23 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by CPRich
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't find the preferred security lines that US claims to have at LGA.
I swore I saw it about 6 weeks ago, but at the "shuttle" security checkpoint.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
If you're holding a paper ticket, be glad they still let you fly at all.

In all seriousness, I'd cut them some slack on this one. UA insisted on issuing me a paper ticket for a partner award earlier this year, and there was no end to the trouble I had when the partner cancelled the flight. Not only was their no website support, they made me go to a ticket counter to change the darn thing.
Have to use a paper ticket since they don't have an e-Ticketing agreement with SQ.

The point is it did work until their system conversion at virtuallythere.com and their own website. It is just another point where they did not fully test/implement all of the functionality needed with their drive to move everything to self service.

If the functionality was not ready or everything was not fully tested the migration should have been delayed until everything that the customer interacts with was fully cooked.

Rule # 1 of any system conversion is never ever, ever, ever take any chances with any system that affects the core of your business. Rule # 2 is you can never have too much testing and training. If in doubt see Rule # 1.

From my view in the cheap seats, their IT department likes to take shortcuts, we have a deadline we'll put out there whatever we have at the deadline and fix it later. Screw the customer. They can be inconvenienced while we fix it. After all we did say pardon our dust. It is this attitude by the company which is why I will not cut them any slack.

US has never called/emailed/contacted me in any way shape or form about any schedule change for any flight I have ever booked directly with them. So now I'm left to either call in and waste my time on hold to verify that nothing changed or will end up showing up at the airport and hoping everything goes as planned.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Avis President's Club
Flew out of IND last night and check-in was a zoo. No kiosks at all. All the extra employees from earlier in the week seem to have disappeared. I went straight to the preferred line and from there I couldn't even see the end of the regular line as it snaked it's way down the hall toward the other terminal. Even in the preferred line it took about 15 minutes to go through and I almost missed the cutoff for getting a bag checked.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Does anyone else use AMEX corporate travel? Since the migration I haven't been able to select a seat on any flight using my corporate travel website.

AMEX is blaming US for this.

Or that's what I've been told since I could pick my seats on all my UA and NW flights without any difficulty.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I use Cliqbook by Travizon, and I'm having the same problem--can't select seats for any US flight.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
While it sounds like most of the worst check-in problems have been eliminated (aka, "the lines"), it's pretty embarrassig that the kiosks are still dodgy. I mean, you'd give 'em a day or two to sort through the issues, but now it's been almost a week. I doubt the IT folks are scoring brownie points with Kirby right now.
Friday's numbers are in: 55% for US East (matching Tuesday for best of the week), 79% for NW and DL (the worst of the other Big Six for Friday), 74% for US West.

With six consecutive days now in the basement, we should be tempted to start predicting bad news for US East travelers at the end of March as well, when monthly crew time maximums start biting.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 5:57 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by martin33
Friday's numbers are in: 55% for US East (matching Tuesday for best of the week), 79% for NW and DL (the worst of the other Big Six for Friday), 74% for US West.

With six consecutive days now in the basement, we should be tempted to start predicting bad news for US East travelers at the end of March as well, when monthly crew time maximums start biting.
Wow hard for me to believe it was that good.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr64
Does anyone else use AMEX corporate travel? Since the migration I haven't been able to select a seat on any flight using my corporate travel website.

Or that's what I've been told since I could pick my seats on all my UA and NW flights without any difficulty.
There have been many glitches post-migration, but in my experience seat selection is not one of them. I don't know about your corporate website, but if you call US Res you will bve assigned a seat..
Old Mar 10, 2007, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Wow hard for me to believe it was that good.
I expect that's because in the terminal one notices departure delays rather than arrivals. The on-time departures numbers are significantly worse-- for instance, today's US East (to 845pm EST) on-times are 52% for arrivals but a bone-deadening 21% for departures...
Old Mar 11, 2007, 1:26 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by trvlr64

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I use Cliqbook by Travizon, and I'm having the same problem--can't select seats for any US flight.
I have the worst of both worlds, with Amex travel in the backend with Cliqbook up front (sorry if anyone here works for them, but I really hate Concur with a passion I can't even begin to put in words). I just bought my first "post migration" res on US on Wednesday and could not select seats. I was, however, assigned some random seats on all 4 segments.

As an additional warning (not that it really even worked before the migration) but I was told by an agent and a supervisor out west that corporate bookings would probably not be automagically swept by the upgrade process and "you would be best to call."

On the upside, they upgraded me on the spot because I was within my window but the sweep had apparently not run yet. ^

Originally Posted by warbo
There have been many glitches post-migration, but in my experience seat selection is not one of them. I don't know about your corporate website, but if you call US Res you will bve assigned a seat..
Sure, one could do that, but the bigger question is why did Tempe not pay closer attention to how large travel agencies (and their associated CRS'es) would pay with shares once it was cut over. Before the migration, I could not only select seats, but it would properly allow one to select premium seats if one could sit in them, and the whole nine yards. Why is that different now?

It's not like Amex travel is "small."
Old Mar 11, 2007, 3:44 am
ToJ

Programs: UA Gold, HiltonHonors Diamond
LGW seems okay

I just checked in for PHL at LGW and the Aviance ladies who handle the work over here seemed to be doing okay by today. I asked how it was going with the new system and was told that as long as everything was in the system as it needed to be, things were fine.
She did comment that whenever they need to make a change (like a seat change) the system would go crazy on them during the first few tries and and it would give them only one option: "ignore and exit" without changing anything. Last week was quite a challenge she commented.

Her advice to save time - if you don't like your seat, call reservations ahead of time and get it changed. Other than that, things were not worse than normal (check in time about 10 minutes at the Envoy counter, Security Lines (upstairs) about 25 minutes).

The boarding passes have a new layout - Preferred Class in big bold letters and a little "Star Gold" on the bottom for me which gave me a no-hassle entry to the CLub (since I am still waiting for my new PP card.
They now also show boarding AND departure time.

Last edited by ToJ; Mar 11, 2007 at 3:47 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:49 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
A friend of mine went to pick his son up last night after 2330 at CLT he said the lines at US tkt counter were between 150-200 people long & that's at that time of night thanks to ALL of the late flights & missed connections.
Our sons got back from their h/s senior trip to SJO. They flew DL connx in ATL all flights were on time with out a hitch,
Also according to Charlottes NBC6
www.nbc6.com
things are not going good today. No suprise. They tell US psgrs to arr. 2-3 hours early.....This is really bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.