Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:17 pm

I don't recall anyone posting the link to the TSA website explaining precheck, so here it is: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/escreening.shtm

From this, it appears that as long as you have a known traveler #, and it's entered into your PNR, and the airport and airline you're using are participating, that you're eligible for prescreening on a flight-by-flight basis.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by finny52
I have entered my GE# and also "subscribed" to Pre-Check when invited. I just got my boarding back for DCA tomorrow and don't know "what to do." How do I know if I am cleared for Pre-Check? Do I just show up at the line and hope it works?
Yes. When you approach the TDC, your BP will be scanned, and you'll either be given LLL and directed to the Pre-Check line, or given CLR, and sent to the normal lane.

There is nothing you can do before you show up to see if you'll get LLL.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond + 1MM; AA Gold; UA Gold
Thanks

Thank you FriendlySkies and jchock1
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
OMG - at MSP, priority lane at checkpoint 4 near Delta checkin. 2 in line ahead but through everything in 30 sec.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by PittDoc
OMG - at MSP, priority lane at checkpoint 4 near Delta checkin. 2 in line ahead but through everything in 30 sec.
You were flying US, correct?

I am asking becuase a few months ago I got the precheck line one day when flying DL but was told the next week when I was flying US that there is no way to get it when flying US. It seems like US has now joined the program (even at non-US hub locations), but I want to confirm.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: US CP, *A Gold, Intercontinental Plat. Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by travellerK

I am asking becuase a few months ago I got the precheck line one day when flying DL but was told the next week when I was flying US that there is no way to get it when flying US. It seems like US has now joined the program (even at non-US hub locations), but I want to confirm.
Correct: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/participation.shtm

All of the sudden, I can't enter my GE number during check-in. The pull down link that says, "Redress/known traveler #" doesn't pull down anymore.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by travellerK

Yes - flying US, MSP to CLT.

US agent at check in said she never heard of PreCheck before today but I was the second pax to ask about it. Very easy - but there is no clue on the BP.

Stood in the preferred lane at checkpoint 4, which is where I would have gone anyway b/c the line is shortest, and did the usual Drivers License + BP. TSA drone scans it using the the cell phone device and triple beep means he directs me to the PreCheck lane, otherwise would have gone through the preferred lane that was fairly short anyway.

Shoes stay on, laptop stays in briefcase, jacket stays on, liquids stays in carry-on, and walk through metal detector. No backfield scanner. It was like stepping back in time. You don't realize how much of a hassle the TSA puts us through until you don't have to do it.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
Now that we have established that this will work even at a non-US hub airport. Does anyone know if the pre-check checkpoint in DTW accesses US gates?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ottermatic
Oh, is that what the triple beep is? I got one of those when I scanned my mobile boarding pass going through PHL Term D the other day.
Ding, same here. I got a triple-beep at PHL A-east and PHX A this week. When I first heard it, I thought something was wrong with my scan. So no expedited line to divert to yet, but sounds like I'm good to go when it comes.

For record, no invite, GE member, my number entered into my US profile a few months ago (before it even explained what it was used for and just said "known traveler number). I even don't have a pre-check logo on my US profile -- and I'm back to dirt status this year.

Next flight out of PHX in two weeks. I'll listen closely for those beeps this time!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Email from US today -
... The program is now available for US Airways customers at Reagan National Airport in Terminal C at the North Pier checkpoint and will be starting at Charlotte Douglas International Airport at the B checkpoint on July 10, 2012. ...
I'm flying out of CLT July 11 and look forward to it!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Has anyone figured out how they are "selecting" people for pre-check.

I already have it through AA and UA even though I fly almost exclusively US. I was at DCA and they had all sorts of materials and staff promoting it, and telling you to "opt-in". I spoke to some people with the program and they said that any US Airways frequent flyer should be able to opt in. The TSA only selects on which flights you can use pre-check versus the normal lines.

As someone who flies through DCA over 50x/year it is pretty frustrating not to be able to sign up for pre-check through US.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: US CP, *A Gold, Intercontinental Plat. Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just used my mobile boarding pass at CLT - received the triple beep + LLL. Was informed by TSO that it will begin at Checkpoint B starting July 10. I am 2 for 2 on US, but it has been before they launched at DCA and CLT.

PassID from Global Entry is entered in profile + I am opted in via US.

Originally Posted by doctor15
As someone who flies through DCA over 50x/year it is pretty frustrating not to be able to sign up for pre-check through US.
I was selected, but also have Global Entry. Not sure how they are choosing people.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond + 1MM; AA Gold; UA Gold
Problems getting triple beep?

I was excited as Friday was my first opportunity for Pre Check at DCA. I was surprised when I only got single beep because I'm both TSA subscribed due to status and GE. When I got through I asked the woman manning the TSA booth who responded that only 5% get diverted from Pre-Check.

At that point I got very suspicious that something was wrong and I called Dividend Miles. They told me that the best way to be sure to get through is to manually enter my GE # in the "known traveler #" field when checking in. I thought this was odd because it is already stored in my on-line profile, but I'm passing it along anyway, in case others are having the "triple beep problem."
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by finny52
They told me that the best way to be sure to get through is to manually enter my GE # in the "known traveler #" field when checking in. I thought this was odd because it is already stored in my on-line profile, but I'm passing it along anyway, in case others are having the "triple beep problem."
I tried the other day, but wasn't able to add my GE # during check-in. Saw the option, but the pull-down menu wouldn't let me enter the number. Might be a web issue. However, my flight from CLT beeped three times, and I didn't enter it during check-in.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT
Originally Posted by GoinSki
Correct: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/participation.shtm

All of the sudden, I can't enter my GE number during check-in. The pull down link that says, "Redress/known traveler #" doesn't pull down anymore.
I cannot enter mine either. I get the same link "Redress/known traveler #" and when I click on it, nothing meaningful happens (a line or two of blank space expands on the page)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.