FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1334660-tsa-pre-check-us-preferreds-update-now-precheck-noted-boarding-passes.html)

rickCT01 Apr 10, 2012 4:48 pm

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Has any one heard if US is going to sponsor their preffered members in the TSA pre-check program?

Annerk Apr 10, 2012 4:55 pm

I got an email from US several months ago asking for my permission to give my info to the Feds for the program. Haven't heard anything since then though.

rickCT01 Apr 10, 2012 5:01 pm

does anyone have any suggestions on how to prod the elephant into motion?

GNVGator Apr 11, 2012 8:46 am

I never got an email from US, but according to the CBP site I was eligible for precheck as a global entry member. So apparenty all I have to do is attach my trustd traveler number to my US DM info. Alas I haven't gotten to take adavntage of it yet because all of my flights have been international which apparently disqualify you from using the precheck lines. So I assume you only get to use it if you're flight is wholly domestic? Any US elites have any success with it yet?

Go Gators

DelrayChris Apr 11, 2012 8:50 am

Originally Posted by GNVGator (Post 18372763)
I never got an email from US, but according to the CBP site I was eligible for precheck as a global entry member.

Thank you for posting this...

GNVGator Apr 11, 2012 9:17 am

From the CBP site...

On Oct. 4, 2011 the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) launched an expedited screening pilot program called . CBP has partnered with TSA on this Department of Homeland Security initiative, which is designed to help TSA focus resources on higher-risk and unknown passengers while expediting the process for lower-risk and known passengers whenever possible.

U.S. citizens who are members of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI Trusted Traveler programs are eligible to participate TSA's Program.

Go Gators

PSUPaul Apr 11, 2012 10:29 am

Originally Posted by GNVGator (Post 18372967)
From the CBP site...

On Oct. 4, 2011 the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) launched an expedited screening pilot program called . CBP has partnered with TSA on this Department of Homeland Security initiative, which is designed to help TSA focus resources on higher-risk and unknown passengers while expediting the process for lower-risk and known passengers whenever possible.

U.S. citizens who are members of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI Trusted Traveler programs are eligible to participate TSA's Program.

Go Gators

I am a NEXUS participant so I guess I qualify. My understanding is this is only at a few airports so far, correct?

travellerK Apr 11, 2012 10:57 am

Precheck worked for me when flying Delta (based on my Global Entry status, I have no status with DL).

I could not use precheck at the very same check point the following week when I was flying US.

US is supposed to be on the Precheck system late this year

CPRich Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am

I also put my Global Entry number in my US profile, and have used it with AA flying out of DFW several times - it's very convenient. Pre-check has yet to arrive to PIT, and I haven't traveled on US out of DFW yet, so I can't say whether that will work or not

AZ Travels the World Apr 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Moderator Note

This thread took a hard right turn into debating US air security policy. We have a whole forum for that -- over in the Travel Safety & Security section. Kindly leave that contentious (and off topic) discussion over in TS&S and keep this thread focused on US participation (or lack thereof, at the moment) in this TSA program.

Thank you,

-AZ

dcpatti Apr 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 18373659)
I also put my Global Entry number in my US profile, and have used it with AA flying out of DFW several times - it's very convenient. Pre-check has yet to arrive to PIT, and I haven't traveled on US out of DFW yet, so I can't say whether that will work or not

Where in the profile do you enter the Global Entry number? I received the invite email, opted in, and I have Global Entry, but try as I might, I can't seem to figure out where to enter the GE number on the profile.

GNVGator Apr 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by dcpatti (Post 18382164)
Where in the profile do you enter the Global Entry number? I received the invite email, opted in, and I have Global Entry, but try as I might, I can't seem to figure out where to enter the GE number on the profile.

Click on your account in the top right corner of the US homepage. Once there click on account information on the right hand side. Scroll all the way to the bottom until you get to other information. Then copy and paste your trusted travel CBP number into the known traveler # area.

Go Gators

AZ Travels the World Apr 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by GNVGator (Post 18382230)
Click on your account in the top right corner of the US homepage. Once there click on account information on the right hand side. Scroll all the way to the bottom until you get to other information. Then copy and paste your trusted travel CBP number into the known traveler # area.

I was not able to do this when I tried a few weeks ago. It would not let me add anything into the 'Known Traveler #' field. (That may be fixed now.)

However, when I made my next reservation, I added it into that field successfully. I got a pop-up message asking me if I'd like to modify my profile to include that number. I said yes and it captured it. All of my subsequent reservations have contained both my Redress and Known Traveler numbers.

Superguy Apr 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World (Post 18381703)
This thread took a hard right turn into debating US air security policy. We have a whole forum for that -- over in the Travel Safety & Security section. Kindly leave that contentious (and off topic) discussion over in TS&S and keep this thread focused on US participation (or lack thereof, at the moment) in this TSA program.

Thank you,

-AZ

That said, I still think it's valid to ask whether US will enter us in such a program with or without our consent. If's opt in, that's one thing. If I have to opt out, I'd like to know how to do it.

I_Can_Fly_US_Airways Apr 12, 2012 5:15 pm

It's Also On The Card...

Originally Posted by dcpatti (Post 18382164)

It is also on the back of the Nexus card (I am also assuming that it is on the back of the GE card as well)...

As an FYI, it is the "PASSID" # (9 digits)