Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
It is also on the back of the Nexus card (I am also assuming that it is on the back of the GE card as well)...

As an FYI, it is the "PASSID" # (9 digits)
It's on the front of the GE card, but let's not split hairs here

Go Gators
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Superguy
That said, I still think it's valid to ask whether US will enter us in such a program with or without our consent.
What gives you any indication that they'd be entering you without your consent? How would they even know your 'Trusted Traveler' number unless you gave it to them? Assuming, of course, you had one at all.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
There was a comment over in TS&S that someone was registered automatically thru DL. Guy asked about joining and was told he was already enrolled.

I'll look up the thread later. On posting from my phone at the moment.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Here's the thread:

Becoming TSA-Pre annoynted without even trying?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Anybody know the progress of PreCheck?

There's a sign at DCA in front of the the terminal C security saying that TSA PreCheck is coming soon. Is PreCheck part of the reason why they rolled out the new beta check-in site?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jdawg
Anybody know the progress of PreCheck?

There's a sign at DCA in front of the the terminal C security saying that TSA PreCheck is coming soon. Is PreCheck part of the reason why they rolled out the new beta check-in site?
So DCA will soon have PreCheck at the northern and southern piers of the terminal. This could theoretically allow UA and AA to use it at some point, since there is a shuttle that connects C to the central pier.

Can the central pier's checkpoint be configured for PreCheck, or is it too small?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:11 pm

Yes, it's coming this summer (checked with an inside source). DCA will be the first US location to use it. Hopefully it will expand quickly to other stations.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:30 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Talking Not Arguing At All...

Originally Posted by GNVGator
It's on the front of the GE card, but let's not split hairs here

Go Gators
I have never had a GE card (that's why I said that I "assume" it's in the same place as the Nexus* card).

Got my Trusted Traveler status thru Nexus. Was told that Nexus card holders are NOT eligable to receive GE cards....
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
I have never had a GE card (that's why I said that I "assume" it's in the same place as the Nexus* card).

Got my Trusted Traveler status thru Nexus. Was told that Nexus card holders are NOT eligable to receive GE cards....
You don't get a GE card in addition to your Nexus card, but Nexus members are eligible for GE at no additional charge. Just go to the GOES site and request it. You use your passport at the GE kiosk.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mykle
Yes, it's coming this summer (checked with an inside source). DCA will be the first US location to use it. Hopefully it will expand quickly to other stations.
Do you mean to tell me that it will be available for US preferreds to sign up? Because I was under the impression the DCA pre-check was going to be for AA.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by Mykle
Awesome! I saw the signs and will keep my eyes peeled for an e-mail from US to opt-in. I used it once at JFK and it was such a breeze.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:46 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Okay...

Originally Posted by pdquick
You don't get a GE card in addition to your Nexus card, but Nexus members are eligible for GE at no additional charge. Just go to the GOES site and request it. You use your passport at the GE kiosk.
Wasn't arguing this point either as I am already in the GE program...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
The question was where to enter the GE number on the US website, not where the number is on the card. Amusing how threads just spin off tangents.
Old May 30, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, SW A-list, AirTran A+ Elite
I just noticed that on my US Airways account page, it now has a little symbol indicating that I am subscribed for TSA Pre-Check. I don't remember seeing this before, and think it might be new today.

My home airport is DCA, and they've had it going for other airlines already, so I'll be happy to see it start for US.
Old May 30, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
I just noticed that on my US Airways account page, it now has a little symbol indicating that I am subscribed for TSA Pre-Check. I don't remember seeing this before, and think it might be new today.
Same here. Though, I generally fly out of BOS/MHT (two airports where I don't recall seeing anything for PreCheck). I wonder if it's happening for all higher level elites.

Though, when you click on the "learn more" button, it mentions that you'll receive an e-mail. I haven't received any such e-mail yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.