Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Interesting that hginPHL got the triple beep, seems like US is quietly rolling out PreCheck.

The US website makes it sound like it's already started: https://membership.usairways.com/en-...ntraveler.html

Now available

Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Terminal South checkpoint

Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
Lindbergh Terminal, Checkpoint 4

Salt Lake City International Airport
Terminal Two, Main checkpoint

Portland International Airport
ABC Checkpoint

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
Checkpoint 5 North

Coming soon

Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Late June

Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Early July

Chicago O'Hare International Airport
July

Indianapolis International Airport
August

Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
August

Philadelphia International Airport
September
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by PHLphan
I was sent the invitation e-mail about the TSA Pre-Check and it told me to login to my profile and select "opt in" but next to the TSA Pre-Check icon on my profile it just says "learn more". Anyone else having this problem? I'd really like to take advantage of this as soon as possible.
I am PreCheck with AA and have GE as well. I entered my GE# into US for TT but received no confirmation so I e-mailed US CS and received the following reply:

Dear Mr. JMN57,

Thank you for visiting usairways.com.

At this time, only the selected members that received the TSA Pre-Check
trial pre-screening initiative email from US Airways are eligible to
opt-in to participate in the trial program. This program is still in
the beginning stages and if eligible and you have chosen to opt-in to
the program, you will be notified via email once we are operationally
ready. TSA determines who's eligible and does not guarantee
participants will receive expedited screening each time they travel.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
contact us at (800) 428-4322. We know that you have many choices and we
thank you for choosing US Airways.

Sincerely,

US CS Rep Name
Reservations
US Airways

So, even with GE, it seems we're waiting on US and TSA to be able to get PreCheck. That said, most of the time I fly out of PHL I am on AA and I think an AA BP with LLL will work going through any PreCheck line. I was hoping for the times I am on US that I could get LLL'd as well.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 14940674
I believe that GoinSki was saying that AA creates a TT number for its elite pax who are entered into PreCheck. If that is true, then one could enter that number into his or her US profile, and attempt to use PreCheck when flying US.
That won't work. AA doesn't generate any #. If you have GE, you can enter that # into AA (and also US, DL,UA). If you are in the program as an elite via invite, there is no visible number on AA.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JMN57
That won't work. AA doesn't generate any #. If you have GE, you can enter that # into AA (and also US, DL,UA). If you are in the program as an elite via invite, there is no visible number on AA.
What you state is my understanding too. I was simply trying to interpret what GoinSki was saying.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
How did you know you were selected?
When they scanned my boarding pass at TSA it triple beeped, and they sent me to the Pre Check line (although there was no one ahead of me in "line")
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Everything seems to be setup, my mobile boarding pass triple-beeped at DCA, Concourse C yesterday. TSA document checker informed me that Pre-Check will start on June 26th.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: US CP, *A Gold, Intercontinental Plat. Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jdawg
Everything seems to be setup, my mobile boarding pass triple-beeped at DCA, Concourse C yesterday. TSA document checker informed me that Pre-Check will start on June 26th.
Received LLL and the triple beep this morning at DCA. Was told June 26 also, and was reminded by TSO that, "you will not always get the LLL due to the randomness built into the program." I had only supplied my GE #, have not opted-in via subscribe. But might do that also the next time I login to my account.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GoinSki
Received LLL and the triple beep this morning at DCA. . . . I had only supplied my GE #, have not opted-in via subscribe.
That's excellent news.

I've still not received an opt-in email and it's not offered on my account page, but have been GE for a couple years and it's in my profile so it sounds like I don't have to worry about it.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:28 pm

Does anybody know if you have to enter the info prior to booking a flight? I had several flights booked before getting my GE# via the Amex offer and just want to know if it will make a difference? I have since updated my US account with my GE#. Thanks for any info.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Received LLL and the triple beep this morning at DCA. Was told June 26 also, and was reminded by TSO that, "you will not always get the LLL due to the randomness built into the program." I had only supplied my GE #, have not opted-in via subscribe. But might do that also the next time I login to my account.
Oh, is that what the triple beep is? I got one of those when I scanned my mobile boarding pass going through PHL Term D the other day.

Where does the LLL show up on the boarding pass, out of curiosity?

Ottermatic
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ottermatic
Where does the LLL show up on the boarding pass, out of curiosity?
Nowhere. It is embedded into the barcode, and shows on the screen of the scanner after the BP is scanned.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
If your GE # is in your US profile, there is no need to also opt-in via the subscribe function...

Originally Posted by bobsobe6
Does anybody know if you have to enter the info prior to booking a flight? I had several flights booked before getting my GE# via the Amex offer and just want to know if it will make a difference? I have since updated my US account with my GE#. Thanks for any info.
If your GE # isn't in your profile, or you don't opt-in, then you won't have a chance at LLL.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Exec. Plat, Marriott Plat. Premiere, National Exec. Elite
Question, for those without GE, and that have received the pass through the pre-check lanes already, were you contacted by TSA or US before you received go-ahead, or did one day it just automatically happen?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: US CP, *A Gold, Intercontinental Plat. Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Anyone having issues entering their known traveler #/GE PassID during check-in?

I see the pull down menu, but when I click on the "Redress/known traveler #" link during the check-in process, it doesn't pull down? It worked fine last week.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond + 1MM; AA Gold; UA Gold
How do I know?

I have entered my GE# and also "subscribed" to Pre-Check when invited. I just got my boarding back for DCA tomorrow and don't know "what to do." How do I know if I am cleared for Pre-Check? Do I just show up at the line and hope it works?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.