Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Question - I get Pre-Check via Status on AA but am also GE TT so I have entered my info into US & DL.

I am not seeing any Pre-Check icon, etc on my account although my GE # is entered on my account profile. Where are you all seeing a Pre-Check logo?

Also, any news on PHL for Pre-Check? I have a flight exPHL next week.

Thanks

Last edited by JMN57; May 31, 2012 at 10:16 pm
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:30 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by JMN57
Question - I get Pre-Check via Status on AA but am also GE TT so I have entered my info into US & DL.

I am not seeing any Pre-Check icon, etc on my account although my GE # is entered on my account profile. Where are you all seeing a Pre-Check logo?

Also, any news on PHL for Pre-Check? I have a flight exPHL next week.
On my account summary page, below the section showing total miles and preferred miles, I see the logo/check mark. I was never invited to opt-in, but I did entered my Global Entry number a month or two back onto my account profile info. I don't know when the check mark appeared on my account, however.

No date for PHL announced yet, but I doubt it will be as soon as your trip next week.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by PHL
On my account summary page, below the section showing total miles and preferred miles, I see the logo/check mark. I was never invited to opt-in, but I did entered my Global Entry number a month or two back onto my account profile info. I don't know when the check mark appeared on my account, however.

No date for PHL announced yet, but I doubt it will be as soon as your trip next week.
Thanks - I'll call them on the phone to try and find out if they have everything they need to PreCheck. I do more with AA than US so I don't have much experience with US CS - we'll see how easy it'll be.

Relative to PreCheck @ PHL, you're right, I doubt next week but let's hope for sometime soon.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Interesting, I've had GE for over a year now, but never recieveed an invite. I put my trusted travel number on my DM account when US first announced they were participating in the program. Alas, no check mark on my account. My home base is Florida though (JAX/GNV/TPA/MCO) so maybe they are only letting elites in US hubs participate?

Go Gators
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
BOS-based CP here; was offered the opportunity to update my profile information when I logged in today, and it offered me the chance to subscribe. I appear to have done so successfully.

Originally Posted by GNVGator
My home base is Florida though (JAX/GNV/TPA/MCO) so maybe they are only letting elites in US hubs participate?
Pre-check is live at MCO and planned for TPA, but I don't think they're implementing it at GNV or JAX.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Just got my email today welcoming me to the program, even though I have shown as subscribed for a while on the US website.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Question for anybody who has "pre-checked": Does the expedited line require you to go through a full body scanner (Advanced Image Technology), or can you still "opt out"?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by finster869
Question for anybody who has "pre-checked": Does the expedited line require you to go through a full body scanner (Advanced Image Technology), or can you still "opt out"?
Word over in the TS&S forums is that the Pre-Check lines are metal detector only. So far.

OM
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:46 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
one iof us got an invite and logged in and "subscribed" under the profile page.
The other has a GE number but no invite and no ability to opt in.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by finster869
I've been through PreCheck on AA 6-8 times. In all cases:

1) Old fashion metal detector (no backscatter)
2) No need to remove shoes or jacket
3) No need to take 3-1-1 bag out or laptop out

You do need to take metal (phones, etc) out and put them through the conveyor for x-ray.

All together - much faster.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: US CP, *A Gold, Intercontinental Plat. Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Question

Not sure if someone knows the answer to this...

I am a member of Global Entry, and have had my CBP # in the Known traveler # area for sometime. Today, I received the email asking me if I want to "Subscribe."

On my profile page, it says:

"You're eligible to participate in expedited security screening. Status: Unsubscribed"

Then includes a box to "Subscribe." Should I do this? Or leave it as "Unsubscribed" and leave my CBP PassID in the known traveler area?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GoinSki
Then includes a box to "Subscribe." Should I do this? Or leave it as "Unsubscribed" and leave my CBP PassID in the known traveler area?
I'm in a similar situation. I have Global Entry (and a redress number for that matter), so am automatically "qualified" for the domestic Trusted Traveler program, but I'm not sure if I still have to get into it via an airline invitation. I haven't received one and my profile doesn't have the insignia people are referring to. So I'm hoping I receive an email invite. I see no downside to 'subscribing' via the US offer -- just to be safe.

I can't wait for this. I've been traveling a lot lately and returning to the days of not having to take off shoes & belts, deal with liquids & laptops and emptying pockets of absolutely EVERYTHING sounds soooooo nice.

I asked a CP agent today about getting an invite and she said it wasn't possible to arrange manually -- that the invites were driven by the TSA and if you don't get one, or see the invite on your profile to opt-in, there's nothing US can do about it. No idea if it's all true, but that was her take.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: US CP, *A Gold, Intercontinental Plat. Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I see no downside to 'subscribing' via the US offer -- just to be safe.
From what I read about TSA PreCheck on AA, they actually generate some type of trusted traveler number (not the GE PassID), and populate that in the AA PassID field. I have not seen it, but that is what I read over on their forum. I have only used PreCheck once - on AA at JFK with my GE PassID populated in the field. After receiving the "LLL" it was a breeze at security. Big fan! Thus, not sure if "Subscribing" will request a similiar type of number from TSA, but not the GE PassID. Also, not sure how the randomness works, but a few people have had increased odds of sucess with PreCheck as a GE member.

I haven't received one and my profile doesn't have the insignia people are referring to. So I'm hoping I receive an email invite. I see no downside to 'subscribing' via the US offer -- just to be safe.
I will try to post a screen shot.

I asked a CP agent today about getting an invite and she said it wasn't possible to arrange manually -- that the invites were driven by the TSA and if you don't get one, or see the invite on your profile to opt-in, there's nothing US can do about it. No idea if it's all true, but that was her take.
I belive it is both TSA and US driven - but I think the main part might be the primary airport and/or address. Most high tier members on DL/UA received invites. Not completely sure. I was CP for many years, and DCA is my primary airport + have a D.C. address.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Gold
Another data point:

I am a US DM Gold member, on track to earn Gold or possibly Platinum this year. Prior to last year I had no status. My "Home" airport is STL, but I frequent SNA and ATL and that info would be available to US based on my travel history.

Yesterday I received an email from US DM entitled "TSA's expedited security screening initiative". It was an invitation to opt in. I followed the link and didn't actually have an obvious opportunity to opt in. However, after I logged in I went to the "Account Information" link and at the bottom of the page there is a TSA Pre-Check section where you can elect to subscribe. After doing that, when I go back to my profile page it now says "Subscribed" next to the TSA PreCheck logo.

I think its entirely coincidence, but I also have a Global Entry approval pending interview. Its difficult to set up an interview when you live in the middle of the country and travel mostly on weekends!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Camarones
Yesterday I received an email from US DM entitled "TSA's expedited security screening initiative". It was an invitation to opt in. I followed the link and didn't actually have an obvious opportunity to opt in. However, after I logged in I went to the "Account Information" link and at the bottom of the page there is a TSA Pre-Check section where you can elect to subscribe. After doing that, when I go back to my profile page it now says "Subscribed" next to the TSA PreCheck logo.
I received the same thing also. But for me, I had my nine digit number already in the trusted traveler # field right above the TSA PreCheck section.

Originally Posted by Camarones
I think its entirely coincidence, but I also have a Global Entry approval pending interview.
Probably. You will definitely enjoy GE - I cleared customs at IAD the other day in less than 20 seconds. The PassID on the back of your card and on the GOES website will be the nine digit number used for TSA PreCheck/known traveler number.

I have sent an email to US asking them if current GE members with a PassID number need to click the "Subscribe." This doesn't really answer that question: https://membership.usairways.com/en-...ntraveler.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.