Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:00 am

Not invited to party

I'm a us citizen, and silver on us and ua and fly primarially out of dca but have not received an invitation from either to participate in pre check. Is it an issue of my status level or am I being classified as not "trusted" for some reason. Can I ask to be invited? Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
I have the Nexus card

But I do not have the number listed in my USAirways profile. I looked at the card and didn't see any numbers on the front but there are some on the back. None of them are listed as Known traveller number, anyone know what numbers to enter.

BTW, I am preapproved due to status but I would like to enter the number if possible.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by ellinj
I am assuming PreCheck won't carry forward when flying on UA with my US number, is this a correct assumption?
Correct. If you don't have GE/Nexus/Sentri, you likely won't get Pre-Check access when flying UA.

Originally Posted by PSUPaul
But I do not have the number listed in my USAirways profile. I looked at the card and didn't see any numbers on the front but there are some on the back. None of them are listed as Known traveller number, anyone know what numbers to enter.

BTW, I am preapproved due to status but I would like to enter the number if possible.
Enter this number:

Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by Planestrainsautomobiles
I'm a us citizen, and silver on us and ua and fly primarially out of dca but have not received an invitation from either to participate in pre check. Is it an issue of my status level or am I being classified as not "trusted" for some reason. Can I ask to be invited? Thanks.
My thought is status is not sufficiently high.
Have personal knowledge of:

Gold on US; Y
Plat on UA; Y
Gold on DL; Y

Second tier in a participating FF program may be the cut-off.
And BTW, US citizenship is not relevant if you're qualifying by status.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Correct. If you don't have GE/Nexus/Sentri, you likely won't get Pre-Check access when flying UA.

Enter this number:

Thanks!! Done!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 14940674
It is a standard PreCheck line, not restricted to the Armed Forces.
So I'm not sure I understand - I thought you got directed to the PreCheck line by the person who checks your ID - yet they are not scanning the boarding passes. How would I know if I could go to the precheck lane?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by scolbath
So I'm not sure I understand - I thought you got directed to the PreCheck line by the person who checks your ID - yet they are not scanning the boarding passes. How would I know if I could go to the precheck lane?
The way it worked in Seattle is you'd go to the precheck line, if you weren't eligible they'd direct you to the body scanner, if you were eligible they would direct you to the wtmd.

Seems crazy because all I had to do to get past the line dragon was say I wanted precheck, seems like a good way for even someone who isn't eligible to jump the massive queue.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by swanscn
I can confirm that TSA pre does not exist yet in the old Terminal A in PHL. I tried it yesterday based on my buddy telling me it did exist, I guess he can not tell Terminal B from A.
Available in B not in A at PHL.
Went through C earlier this week in the priority line. The TSA guy at the end was scanning all the boarding passes, mine wouldn't scan for some reason. I asked why he was scanning and he said it was for TSA-pre.

I didn't understand what difference it makes since at that point I have already finished waiting in line and was already at the x-ray scanner.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by enricong

I didn't understand what difference it makes since at that point I have already finished waiting in line and was already at the x-ray scanner.
No bodyscanner, and you get to keave your shoes/belt on laptop/liquids stay in the bag.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ellinj
The way it worked in Seattle is you'd go to the precheck line, if you weren't eligible they'd direct you to the body scanner, if you were eligible they would direct you to the wtmd.

Seems crazy because all I had to do to get past the line dragon was say I wanted precheck, seems like a good way for even someone who isn't eligible to jump the massive queue.
Weird - Ok, I'll have to give that a try! Worst they can say is 'no'.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by 14940674
Each booking has its own Secure Flight profile. If you place the GE number in that profile, it will be forwarded to the TSA, regardless of the associated FF account. Adding the GE number to your FF profile simply allows the website to automatically fill in the number when you make a new booking.
I can confirm that a reservation made on united.com for a codeshare US flight transferred my secure flight profile to the US reservation (using GE number)--I had to call to confirm it was in there. We'll see if it actually works at DCA.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:52 am
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
If you get a global entry card after you book your flight and add your passid in your profile, are you still eligible for pre check?

Last edited by SpaceCoastBill; Aug 9, 2012 at 6:16 pm
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by billinaz
If you get a global entry card after you book your flight and add your passid in your profile, ay still eligible for pre check?
Yes
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I used precheck lane at DCA this morning. Nice short line. But I was surprised there was no obvious verification. If TSA had rejected me would I have been shunted to the NoS? As it was I went through the pre check WTMD.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by drewguy
I can confirm that a reservation made on united.com for a codeshare US flight transferred my secure flight profile to the US reservation (using GE number)--I had to call to confirm it was in there. We'll see if it actually works at DCA.
I opted into PreCheck via my US status when the invitation e-mail was originally sent out. I haven't used the PreCheck line yet, but I have gotten the triple beep before, so I know the system's working from US' end. What I'm curious about, or what I'd love to see, is if I fly a United flight, will my PreCheck eligibility be communicated over in the same way that my Star Alliance status is?

OM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.