Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US 75/100% Buy Miles Promo - Effective Feb 16-Mar 31 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Has anyone received the 25% bonus so far?

I see there hasn't been any activity in this thread for a few days.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:55 pm

Why is nobody talking about combining it with it 35-55K CC sign up bonus ? http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans Am I missing something ? wj
Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Why is nobody talking about combining it with it 35-55K CC sign up bonus ? http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans Am I missing something ? wj
Many of us who use US regularly have the card. And Barclays hasn't approved any of my multiple account applications for almost two years. I used to churn this sucker regularly even while holding onto the oldest account. They won't even approve a biz account now while I still hold that same personal account.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by dre_techie
Has anyone received the 25% bonus so far?

I see there hasn't been any activity in this thread for a few days.
I have been wondering the same thing. I got in on the last 100% buy that didn't require the tool bar..My GF and I considering purchasing some more miles for a biz class flight to SEA this next winter. Was really hoping to hear that people got the 25% bonus miles from the tool bar with ease..I dont see why they wouldn't..but just like to double check.

It sounds like a few people have purchased them, so maybe within the next few days someone will be able to post up something positive! ha
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by themadsupra
I have been wondering the same thing. I got in on the last 100% buy that didn't require the tool bar..My GF and I considering purchasing some more miles for a biz class flight to SEA this next winter. Was really hoping to hear that people got the 25% bonus miles from the tool bar with ease..I dont see why they wouldn't..but just like to double check.

It sounds like a few people have purchased them, so maybe within the next few days someone will be able to post up something positive! ha
Well I only purchased them on Monday, but I figured someone here must have bought them earlier.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:51 pm

have anyone get the 25% bonus for the 3 searches? They said 5 to 10 days. I purchase on 15 and did the searches but no miles. I don't know it is was because I did the search before purchasing miles but within the period. Don't know if that makes a difference.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
Double-check the T&C: you can't get the added 25% bonus on new accounts.
"To qualify, a member's Dividend Miles account must have been registered with a United States or Puerto Rico address on 2/1/2011."

My guess is that the above was simply sloppy wording my US and they do intend to let new US members get both bonuses. Has anyone asked US?
Originally Posted by ffI
All my cards were declined by points.com!
I read somewhere in FT that this has to do with points.com. Apparently only allows a certain number of purchases.
Virtual Account numbers are your friend.
Points.com also wouldn't take certain credit cards of mine when I was buying lots of BD mile with them.
If your none of your banks support virtual account numbers, buying a pre-paid MasterCard/Visa/Amex at your local Walmart/grocery store will do the trick.
Originally Posted by rsydney
have anyone get the 25% bonus for the 3 searches? They said 5 to 10 days. I purchase on 15 and did the searches but no miles. I don't know it is was because I did the search before purchasing miles but within the period. Don't know if that makes a difference.
I bought miles and earned 6 search points on 2/18/2011. No 25% bonus yet. I guess they get another couple weeks before I get worried.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum
My 25% toolbar bonus miles posted today (2/25), lumped in one total even though I bought the original amounts in two separate transactions (one on 2/18 and one on 2/25).
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by b8brooks
My 25% toolbar bonus miles posted today (2/25), lumped in one total even though I bought the original amounts in two separate transactions (one on 2/18 and one on 2/25).
My bonus posted too sometime in the last couple hours.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:25 am

My bonus posted today as well, purchased on Monday, the 21st.

However my girlfriend's bonus miles haven't posted, and they were purchased within a few hours of mine. Hopefully they post today.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by miffSC
So has anyone answered the question of what to do if we already have the toolbar? Do you get the 25% only if you are a new toolbar user?
Good news: Even though I began using the toolbar before the promo began, I did receive the bonus once post-promo toolbar activity posted. Not a "perfect" test case, as I did download the toolbar onto a different computer after the promo, but I'm pleased to report that the full 100% is available to pre-promo users.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
Good news: Even though I began using the toolbar before the promo began, I did receive the bonus once post-promo toolbar activity posted. Not a "perfect" test case, as I did download the toolbar onto a different computer after the promo, but I'm pleased to report that the full 100% is available to pre-promo users.
Thanks for the reply on this. I was just thinking about this again today. So you do think that the pre-promo download will work as well? I guess it makes it important to use the toolbar. I'm just so accustomed to typing my searches in the upper right corner in Google.... need to change focus for a while then.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by miffSC
Thanks for the reply on this. I was just thinking about this again today. So you do think that the pre-promo download will work as well? I guess it makes it important to use the toolbar. I'm just so accustomed to typing my searches in the upper right corner in Google.... need to change focus for a while then.
I would think so. You only need to earn one mile with the searches, which only requires three searches. Search for the next three websites you intend to read, rather than type them in.

Last edited by DCAorBust; Feb 26, 2011 at 5:54 am
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:23 pm

My bonus point posted today. Look like it take exactly 10 days to post.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rsydney
My bonus point posted today. Look like it take exactly 10 days to post.
Ten days from the miles purchase? In other words, 75% bonus with miles purchase and then 25% bonus ten days later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.