FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1073984-promo-spring-2010-double-preferred-miles-apr-13-june-15-a.html)

CPRich Apr 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13765276)
Damn no double segments :-(

So I'm not the only one for whom the double EQM's are useless. Does everyone else fly 1000 mile segments and qualify with miles? I've flown 130 segments in the last 15 months and not a single one over 500 miles. I'll take the double miles for my balance, but double segments would surely be more useful to me.

GoodOmens Apr 16, 2010 4:48 pm

I almost booked, but chickened out DCA-PHL-ZRH-PHL-DCA for 450 A/I R/t. Spending 750ish (Flight plus 2 nights hotel and food) for a MR was pushing it haha.

Still an amazing deal for europe.

ArizonaGuy Apr 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13786267)
I almost booked, but chickened out DCA-PHL-ZRH-PHL-DCA for 450 A/I R/t. Spending 750ish (Flight plus 2 nights hotel and food) for a MR was pushing it haha.

Still an amazing deal for europe.

Yea. I've passed on BCN, ZRH and DUB fares. Just can't justify it right now, especially since last year's horrible year for air travel meant I went to FRA for $400 during DEQM.

I am still looking for some cheap transcons from PHX. I can find BUF for fairly low but not low enough on the dates I really want to go. Grrr.

lkar Apr 17, 2010 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 13786379)
I am still looking for some cheap transcons from PHX. I can find BUF for fairly low but not low enough on the dates I really want to go. Grrr.

PHX-HNL is a pretty good run with DEQM. Still lots of dates left at $288 AI, which is about 2.4 cpm for 11600 miles.

liveon777 Apr 17, 2010 5:50 pm

I am actually flying to ANC in 2 weeks (in paid FC). So if I understand this all correctly, I will get the 50% bonus towards preferred per the promo, and ALSO the 50% class-of-service bonus for a paid FC ticket?

USPhilly Apr 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by liveon777 (Post 13791852)
I am actually flying to ANC in 2 weeks (in paid FC). So if I understand this all correctly, I will get the 50% bonus towards preferred per the promo, and ALSO the 50% class-of-service bonus for a paid FC ticket?

You should get a 100% bonus for the miles flown plus the COS bonus. In order to get the promo bonus EQMs, you had to have registered for the promor before you booked.

liveon777 Apr 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by USPhilly (Post 13791960)
You should get a 100% bonus for the miles flown plus the COS bonus. In order to get the promo bonus EQMs, you had to have registered for the promor before you booked.

Ahh, tahnks for that info. I did register before booking, so it looks liek I ought to be in good shape!

glueguy Apr 19, 2010 8:02 am

Booked 14 segments for travel through early June, yep, week before this came out. Grrr.......

I'll probably get one flight added in that will actually count in the promo....

mybagfits Apr 19, 2010 11:40 pm

This is great news. The one thing that I don't like is not getting double eqm's for flights I already flew after the promo started (didn't find out about it until today) and apparently not getting double eqm for upcoming flights already booked but will be flown within the period.

I don't mind the registering part as it is a benefit for those of us who really care about this rather than someone else who doesn't work hard at it simply being auto enrolled.

would be interesting to see what other airlines do this???

But will be curious to see if anyone is successful in getting Tempe to retro some flights that happened during the period? I do understand why they are doing it the way they are(although don't like it) they want to measure if it spurs new business

USPhilly Apr 20, 2010 6:19 am

Originally Posted by mybagfits (Post 13806231)
I do understand why they are doing it the way they are(although don't like it) they want to measure if it spurs new business

Not just to measure if it generates new business but simply to cause people to book more flights. I don't like because of the travel I have already booked but why should they give a bonus if you're already flying them. The idea is to generate more passengers.

tommyleo Apr 20, 2010 6:28 am

Originally Posted by USPhilly (Post 13807271)
Not just to measure if it generates new business but simply to cause people to book more flights. I don't like because of the travel I have already booked but why should they give a bonus if you're already flying them. The idea is to generate more passengers.

True, but US should also reward those who were good enough to already book flights during the promo period. Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year, when many of airlines were offering DEQM, US was the only one that required you to register before you booked.

ACC2008 Apr 20, 2010 6:38 am

postings?

Anyone seen these miles posted yet to their accounts after travel is complete?

USPhilly Apr 20, 2010 7:46 am

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 13807309)
True, but US should also reward those who were good enough to already book flights during the promo period. Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year, when many of airlines were offering DEQM, US was the only one that required you to register before you booked.

You're absolutely right. I debated writing that because I agree with you but at the same time understand that US is trying to get more people to book flights.

Tadich Apr 20, 2010 9:58 am

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 13807309)

I had all three of my flights (transcons) for this period booked before they announced the program. I figure to finish at Plat for the year, but this would have had me knocking on the door to CP. :(

ejh25 Apr 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tadich (Post 13808562)
I had all three of my flights (transcons) for this period booked before they announced the program. I figure to finish at Plat for the year, but this would have had me knocking on the door to CP. :(

I had three bookings made in this period prior to registration and almost a fourth but I was able to get that cancelled and rebooked after signing up. One thing to note is that last weekend I was flying on an itinerary booked a couple of months ago and I had an agent make a routing change for me at check-in. The re-routed flight segment qualified for double PQM :) I was shocked to see it pop up in my account today.