FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1073984-promo-spring-2010-double-preferred-miles-apr-13-june-15-a.html)

aztimm Apr 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 13765846)
OK, who's going to be the first to post their mileage run? :D

I've been watching PHX-MUC for a while, now that this is in play, I might do it. Usually I'm having to do this in winter...

chewy3 Apr 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Let the games begin.

GoodOmens Apr 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 13765846)
OK, who's going to be the first to post their mileage run? :D

I'm thinking of a one day DCA-CLT-SFO-PHL-DCA for roughly 15060 w/ my 50%bonus (and aprox 12040 EQM).

Mrp Alert Apr 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Just got the message too. Hbopefully ua wil redo their double rdm promo so its double eqm too.

kopflyer Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Booked a 10,000 eqm MR yesterday because I didn't see this forthcoming. A little miffed at myself for not waiting a day...

GoodOmens Apr 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by kopflyer (Post 13766036)
Booked a 10,000 eqm MR yesterday because I didn't see this forthcoming. A little miffed at myself for not waiting a day...

If your within the 24 hour window cancel and rebook....

ArizonaGuy Apr 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13766090)
If your within the 24 hour window cancel and rebook....

Say what?

holtju2 Apr 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks US! Not going to fly on US but will hope that AA/DL/CO/UA would match.

Surgee Apr 14, 2010 12:09 am

So, because the T&C's say "cannot combined with any other offer," I would hope this promotion trumps the current US Airways Mastercard DBRDM/DBEQM promotion for new bookings, as this new promo is better and more inclusive, and you can't stack them for Triple RDMs and EQMs.

It sort of makes the mastercard promo obsolete....no?

If you're registered for both promos, and you book one of the routes eligible for the mastercard bonus with a normal mastercard, it seems possible that US would only give you Double RDM, and could withhold the Double EQM....

EDIT: Interestingly, the mastercard offer's T&C's does not say anything about not being eligible for combining with other offers.

Could one get TEQM??? (QRDM for CPs)

USFreak Apr 14, 2010 12:11 am

Free 90 day Club membership and now DEQM's.....yea, Tempe must be hurtin' enough to pay the bills to try and lure back customers they ran off several years ago.......bankruptcy in 6 months when all of this fails.

miffSC Apr 14, 2010 12:45 am

Too Early Bird

Just hate the timing on this because I/we have four flights booked already (one TATL)that fall between that time period- and only possibility of one paltry AGS-MCO to book for May (a little help). :(

GVA Apr 14, 2010 2:16 am

Originally Posted by miffSC (Post 13766734)
Just hate the timing on this because I/we have four flights booked already (one TATL)that fall between that time period- and only possibility of one paltry AGS-MCO to book for May (a little help). :(

Try to change your dates/flights, it might work as a new booking. Although YMMV as to how US treat this.

honeytoes Apr 14, 2010 4:26 am

WOOOO!

Actually, when they did this last year, a trip that I rebooked at a lower fare DID count in the DEQM promo. I might try that again this time around.

ffmariners Apr 14, 2010 5:03 am

Originally Posted by miffSC (Post 13766734)

Same... already have 1 CLT-PBI-PHL and 2 PHL-DTW-PHL booked. Does US Airways ever waive that term and allow the flights to get included?

kopflyer Apr 14, 2010 5:07 am

Originally Posted by honeytoes (Post 13767291)
Actually, when they did this last year, a trip that I rebooked at a lower fare DID count in the DEQM promo. I might try that again this time around.

How did your rebooking work? Did you change dates, flights, routes? I'm thinking about paying the change fee and re-confirming on an earlier flight - if that would reset the clock for me.