FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1073984-promo-spring-2010-double-preferred-miles-apr-13-june-15-a.html)

BoeingBoy Apr 14, 2010 10:14 am

In all these "double/triple" miles promos, do they normally give the bonus on actual or 500 minimum miles? If minimum miles get the double miles EQM bonus, while not as good as double segments, it is still better than just segments - 1000 miles per minimum segment is 25 segments to reach Silver (instead of 30), 50 to reach Gold (instead of 60), etc.

Jim

lkar Apr 14, 2010 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Alphaguy (Post 13768030)
Anyone know how effective US IT is at screening out bookings before you register? I inquire since if I recall many got DEQM for earlier bookings.. just curious.

Boy, that would be nice, since I'm in the group that also has several already booked trips planned during this period, including one TATL. (Well, not really -- BDA, but still lots of miles.)

tommyleo Apr 14, 2010 11:25 am

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 13769705)
In all these "double/triple" miles promos, do they normally give the bonus on actual or 500 minimum miles? If minimum miles get the double miles EQM bonus, while not as good as double segments, it is still better than just segments - 1000 miles per minimum segment is 25 segments to reach Silver (instead of 30), 50 to reach Gold (instead of 60), etc.

Jim

Good math, Jim. But it would really only apply for segment-qualifiers if the promo lasted way more than two months.

BoeingBoy Apr 14, 2010 11:30 am

Very true, but if min EQM miles are doubled those segments flown during the promotion period are worth like 1.2 regular segments. Every little bit helps.

Jim

lkar Apr 14, 2010 11:42 am

Originally Posted by exiled2tx (Post 13765134)
Not sure if this is targeted or not. My wife got the email this evening. I however have not.

Are you signed up for all the e-mail subscription options through DM? I just checked this morning after reading the thread about some people getting free 90 day club memberships via e-mail and others not, and to my surprise there were some categories of e-mail offers that I wasn't getting.

kinglobjaw Apr 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by milomaniac (Post 13765131)
Received an email also at 8:09 PM CST.

Thanks for posting. Been waiting for this for sometime. Ended up booking my flights with 5000 Miles round-trip on Delta yesterday to take advantage of Together We Fly promo.

DL has a 24 hour cancellation policy, so you can still book with US :D

By the wya, how are you doing with the Together we Fly? My team is about 4,500 miles away from reaching the highest bonus (20K). Good luck!

-Kinglobjaw

ArizonaRoadWarrior Apr 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13766090)
If your within the 24 hour window cancel and rebook....

You can do that at CO...it is even stated on the webpage (just made some reservations on CO and thought that this was a good feature\benefit). I don't think that US has anything like this.

ACC2008 Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Good job US

Signed up for it and have 4 r/ts so will get 32 segments and double miles counted towards my qualification for next year. Thanks USAirways

ArizonaGuy Apr 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by ACC2008 (Post 13772775)
Signed up for it and have 4 r/ts so will get 32 segments and double miles counted towards my qualification for next year. Thanks USAirways

Unless I missed it, it's not double segments. And the trips need to have been booked after registering, per the terms.

ArizonaGuy Apr 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by GoodOmens (Post 13768373)
Sorry - thought US still had the 24 hour policy. I guess no longer.

Been gone for at least a couple of years.

USPhilly Apr 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 13772811)
Unless I missed it, it's not double segments. And the trips need to have been booked after registering, per the terms.

Yep that's my understanding. From the T&C:

Terms & conditions: You must register, book and travel between April 13 and June 15, 2010. You must register before you ticket your reservation to be eligible. Not combinable with any other offer. Jumpstart promotional miles count towards Preferred status. Bonus miles are applied to the base miles earned and do not reflect a class of service, Preferred flight or any other bonus. Flights must be operated by US Airways, US Airways Express and US Airways Shuttle. Please allow up to 2 weeks for bonus miles to be credited to your account. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.

aztimm Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Anyone know if this promo works with e-savers? I'm finding some interesting fares to Europe in May. PM me if you'd like details.

Also, I had a request to organize an AVP/Office Tour Do while the double miles promo is going on. I just need to get myself a trip to AVP...

itsme110 Apr 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by docr775 (Post 13765181)
I did not receive the e-mail, but I was able to register. Cool beans.

Where did you go to register?? I can't find it anywhere in the U.S. website

neotope Apr 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by itsme110 (Post 13773251)
Where did you go to register?? I can't find it anywhere in the U.S. website

The link in the first post appears to still be working fine:

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...00930_04132010

exiled2tx Apr 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by mikensf74 (Post 13765352)
Seems like it is NOT targetted since they have verbiage that may apply to non Dividend Miles members:

Not a member yet? This is a great time to join. You can earn more miles faster and more miles that count towards Preferred status. Join now and find out all about Dividend Miles and the benefits of being Preferred.

My email came in later on (not at the same time as my wife's)