FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1073984-promo-spring-2010-double-preferred-miles-apr-13-june-15-a.html)

tommyleo Apr 20, 10 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by ejh25 (Post 13812654)
I had three bookings made in this period prior to registration and almost a fourth but I was able to get that cancelled and rebooked after signing up. One thing to note is that last weekend I was flying on an itinerary booked a couple of months ago and I had an agent make a routing change for me at check-in. The re-routed flight segment qualified for double PQM :) I was shocked to see it pop up in my account today.

Did you have to pay extra? Or was it just a stand-by to an earlier flight?

ejh25 Apr 20, 10 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 13813118)
Did you have to pay extra? Or was it just a stand-by to an earlier flight?

I didn't have to pay extra and it wasn't a standy. I commute most weekends ITH-BWI but I get rereouted to DCA either through an LGA or PHL connection. Any weather delay (even a 15 minute one and I call US Airways and try and get a re-reouting). Now I have even more reason to do so for my itineraries booked prior to the promo.

jredknapp11 Apr 21, 10 12:21 am

Dividend Miles Multiplier.... with the Double Miles being in effect, is the double miles then further doubled or tripled ?

ArizonaGuy Apr 21, 10 4:01 am

Originally Posted by jredknapp11 (Post 13813535)
Dividend Miles Multiplier.... with the Double Miles being in effect, is the double miles then further doubled or tripled ?

If you elect to double or triple, it will be calculated on the base PQM's (and any preferred bonus) only.

Example:

CP flying one way PHX-LAS and paying for triple miles.
500 PQM Base miles + 500 CP Bonus miles = 1000 x Triple Multiplier = 3000 + 500 Double Preferred bonus = 3500 total.

Only 1000 of those are preferred qualifying, of course.

IzzyL Apr 21, 10 7:36 am

Has anyone tried calling their preferred desk asking to be reticketed or ...in order to qualify for the promo on flights they have already booked?
Was thinking about giving it a shot today, but if other FF's have tried without success, I wouldn't bother.
Thanks

USPhilly Apr 21, 10 7:45 am

Originally Posted by IzzyL (Post 13814747)
Has anyone tried calling their preferred desk asking to be reticketed or ...in order to qualify for the promo on flights they have already booked?

I called yesterday and tried to pay the $250 change fee (international flight) without actually changing anything to get the bonus. The woman at the CP desk told me the PNR would still be the same and so I wouldn't get the double miles since the ticketing date will not have changed.

I would imagine you could cancel your flight and then rebook and you would get the double miles, I just didn't want to do that because my flight is Saturday to LHR and with all of the volcano issues, if I canceled, it's likely I wouldn't get a seat again.

rcarteraz Apr 21, 10 1:14 pm

Anyone have...

A good idead for a MR from WAS(Any of the 3)... I am new to this and want to make my first MR but still not quite understanding everything yet. Any help offered would be wonderful, espcially if I am able to make use of this offer! Thanks everyone!!

IADCAflyer Apr 21, 10 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by rcarteraz (Post 13816771)
A good idead for a MR from WAS(Any of the 3)... I am new to this and want to make my first MR but still not quite understanding everything yet. Any help offered would be wonderful, espcially if I am able to make use of this offer! Thanks everyone!!

BWI to the Left Coast can be had for about $250 to $270. If you fly via PHL, you can ensure yourself anywhere from 10000 to 11500 EQMs.

rcarteraz Apr 21, 10 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by ITRADE (Post 13817008)
BWI to the Left Coast can be had for about $250 to $270. If you fly via PHL, you can ensure yourself anywhere from 10000 to 11500 EQMs.

How would you go about setting that up? Where should I make the stops? Thanks

IADCAflyer Apr 22, 10 8:10 am

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 13785144)
Since you've already booked it, care to share?

Sorry I missed this one....

DCA-PHL-SJU-CLT-DCA

Big metal on the water legs, so maximized chances for upgrades.

miffSC Apr 22, 10 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by IzzyL (Post 13814747)

Like USPhilly, I tried to do a change and redo a TATL flight I have beginning on June 2nd. Also told "no" would not qualify for double miles. I was also going to do so because the cost of the flight has dropped and the change fee wouldn't have mattered. The CR just sort of laughed when she noticed and then commented on the fact that I'd booked in early March. Oh well....
Makes me wonder how long I should wait before booking my September TATL flight that I need.... as well as a couple more coming up in October, November. Book early, book late?

tommyleo Apr 22, 10 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by miffSC (Post 13824668)
Like USPhilly, I tried to do a change and redo a TATL flight I have beginning on June 2nd. Also told "no" would not qualify for double miles. I was also going to do so because the cost of the flight has dropped and the change fee wouldn't have mattered. The CR just sort of laughed when she noticed and then commented on the fact that I'd booked in early March. Oh well....

What if you canceled your ticket and bought another on the same flight? Don't you keep the unused value, to be used toward another ticket, minus a change fee when you book the new ticket?

Could that be the workaround?

USPhilly Apr 22, 10 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 13825053)
What if you canceled your ticket and bought another on the same flight? Don't you keep the unused value, to be used toward another ticket, minus a change fee when you book the new ticket?

Could that be the workaround?

It would be in my mind and that's exactly what I would have done had it not been for the volcano which has every PHL-LHR flight full until Tuesday.

scratchsd Apr 22, 10 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by awpeters (Post 13766627)
So, because the T&C's say "cannot combined with any other offer," I would hope this promotion trumps the current US Airways Mastercard DBRDM/DBEQM promotion for new bookings, as this new promo is better and more inclusive, and you can't stack them for Triple RDMs and EQMs.

It sort of makes the mastercard promo obsolete....no?

If you're registered for both promos, and you book one of the routes eligible for the mastercard bonus with a normal mastercard, it seems possible that US would only give you Double RDM, and could withhold the Double EQM....

EDIT: Interestingly, the mastercard offer's T&C's does not say anything about not being eligible for combining with other offers.

Could one get TEQM??? (QRDM for CPs)

Did anyone get a chance to see if the MasterCard promotion could be used with the DEQM promotion?

aztimm Apr 22, 10 7:09 pm

Just booked PHX-MAD. Not a fantastic price, but not horrible either. I was a bit paranoid about the volcano, so MAD should still be safe, if things go sour again. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.