FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1073984-promo-spring-2010-double-preferred-miles-apr-13-june-15-a.html)

BizJet Apr 30, 2010 7:32 am

Originally Posted by ITRADE (Post 13871367)
can someone confirm that the miles that have been posting have been from the JS promotion? My trip from Wednesday posted, but the double miles did not post.

Yes, they're posting for me. What I've noticed is that the regular miles will post very early morning two calendar days after the flight (e.g., on a Wednesday for a Monday flight), and the jumpstart miles post in the evening of that day.

vanduse1 Apr 30, 2010 11:28 am

The terms and conditions say you need to book and fly by June 15th. What if I have a trip that starts on or before June 15th but the return is after. Will that give me double miles for the segments before June 15th or does the entire trip have to be within the time window?

Any help is appreciated.

ArizonaGuy Apr 30, 2010 11:42 am

Originally Posted by vanduse1 (Post 13873158)
The terms and conditions say you need to book and fly by June 15th. What if I have a trip that starts on or before June 15th but the return is after. Will that give me double miles for the segments before June 15th or does the entire trip have to be within the time window?

Any help is appreciated.

If it works like last year's double miles, the flights that depart the 16th or later won't earn double miles.

Yahtzee Apr 30, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by BizJet (Post 13871608)
Yes, they're posting for me. What I've noticed is that the regular miles will post very early morning two calendar days after the flight (e.g., on a Wednesday for a Monday flight), and the jumpstart miles post in the evening of that day.

That's the way it just worked for me -- actually I think I got credit for double miles I didn't deserve. Booked a work trip through our online travel service the day before the offer came out/day I signed up but still got the Jump Start credit.

IADCAflyer Apr 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee (Post 13874371)
That's the way it just worked for me -- actually I think I got credit for double miles I didn't deserve. Booked a work trip through our online travel service the day before the offer came out/day I signed up but still got the Jump Start credit.

OK, they just posted here for all four segments.

Good stuff. 2 day post time.

moonquake May 2, 2010 12:52 am

Originally Posted by BizJet (Post 13871608)

Noticed about same pattern with my flights.

uftc May 4, 2010 11:46 am

SEA-PHX-TPA-PHX-SEA same-day tomorrow to take advantage of promo.

Should be interesting.

dsldog400 May 4, 2010 12:37 pm

I flew 5300 BIS miles BWI-BOI on Saturday 5-1, 2 RJ segments & 4 mainline (including a new A321). Got a schedule critical standby for an earlier flight, leisurely made two short connections, scored all 4 FC upgrades in good seats, and bonus miles posted 5-3, 2 days after the flights. It was a nice day for flying, no airport issues, clean planes, mostly full planes, freindly crews, and above average service on all 4 FC segments.

Flying Gator May 4, 2010 8:06 pm

For some reason my miles are not posting - not regular, not double. I'm not getting upgrade emails either. I've called repeatedly and it's a hassle to get the credits. Anybody else having this problem?

Also I was told that when I'm traveling with my spouse - who also is gold - as long as our tickets are connected we won't get upgraded. Any information on this? Thanks.

matthans May 5, 2010 8:26 am

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 13765697)
Yeeee-haaaaa!!!!! ^

I was not targeted, but I just signed up.

How do you sign up for this promo? I did not get any emails about it!

uftc May 5, 2010 2:22 pm

Link to 'Get a jumpstart with double miles this spring'

Originally Posted by matthans (Post 13903222)
How do you sign up for this promo? I did not get any emails about it!

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...c=dm_txt_00930

uftc May 5, 2010 2:32 pm

Cinco de Mileage run 50% complete

Approx $260 to take advantage of promo:

Completed:

Flight #610
SEA 5:15 a.m.
PHX 8:03 a.m.

Flight 578
PHX 8:55 a.m.
TPA 3:57 p.m.

Upcoming:

Flight #454
TPA 5:30 p.m.
PHX 7:08 p.m.

Flight #77
PHX 8:05 p.m.
SEA 11:05 p.m.

BIS Miles: 5,778

EQM: 11,556

ludocdoc May 6, 2010 4:49 am

United flight number?

Seems clear that flights on United metal with US flight numbers wont qualify. I'm finding trips much cheaper booked through United that fly as US codeshares -- US metal with a United flight number. Anyone with experience on one of these able to say if it does or doesn't qualify?

Yahtzee May 6, 2010 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by uftc (Post 13905596)
Approx $260 to take advantage of promo:

Completed:

Flight #610
SEA 5:15 a.m.
PHX 8:03 a.m.

PHX 8:05 p.m.
SEA 11:05 p.m.

BIS Miles: 5,778

EQM: 11,556

I'm doing about the same but criss/cross on Saturday - BOS-PHX-OAK and back for $270 and about the exact same number of miles. Happily upgrades cleared on all segments.

dtremit May 6, 2010 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee (Post 13874371)

It's my understanding that a lot of travel agencies ticket flights the day after booking - which may well have worked in your favor here.