FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   PROMO: Spring 2010 Double Preferred Miles - Apr 13 to June 15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1073984-promo-spring-2010-double-preferred-miles-apr-13-june-15-a.html)

Alphaguy May 12, 2010 8:38 am

Originally Posted by ludocdoc (Post 13909044)
Seems clear that flights on United metal with US flight numbers wont qualify. I'm finding trips much cheaper booked through United that fly as US codeshares -- US metal with a United flight number. Anyone with experience on one of these able to say if it does or doesn't qualify?

I'm wondering the same thing... If I book a UN ticket, do I get double preferred miles on US Metal?

Alphaguy May 12, 2010 8:41 am

Originally Posted by EileenSRN (Post 13854914)
I lost out on last year's race to preferred by 87 miles because my CP hubby was doing the counting. Didin't catch it till it was too late.
Eileen

Why not buy up or ask for an exception.. 87 miles can't be that much.

ludocdoc May 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Alphaguy (Post 13943825)
I'm wondering the same thing... If I book a UN ticket, do I get double preferred miles on US Metal?

Well, nobody has answered, but I booked it. Flying 2 segments ona flight booked with UA flight numbers on US metal. We'll see. Right now the booking is so messed up that I cant even get my US FF number on them, so I'm not hopeful. Flying May 30-June 6, so we'll know in a while, but not really in time to do anything about it if it fails.

Would still love to know if anyone else has experience with this -- do UA flight numbers on US metal count for double EQMs?

ArizonaGuy May 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by ludocdoc (Post 13946186)
Well, nobody has answered, but I booked it. Flying 2 segments ona flight booked with UA flight numbers on US metal. We'll see. Right now the booking is so messed up that I cant even get my US FF number on them, so I'm not hopeful. Flying May 30-June 6, so we'll know in a while, but not really in time to do anything about it if it fails.

Would still love to know if anyone else has experience with this -- do UA flight numbers on US metal count for double EQMs?

Where did you book this - UA.bomb or Orbitz/Expedia? Curious why you couldn't get your US FF# in the reservation.

If you get your US FF# in there, I would guess you'll probably get DPQM's on the US segments. I base this on the fact that preferred upgrades work when booking codeshares on US metal (even though the website says that shouldn't happen). I'm guessing their backend code isn't developed enough to realize you didn't book it with a US flight number and won't know the difference.

ramblers63 May 12, 2010 5:30 pm

I was under the impression anything on US metal should count for double EQMs (and be eligible for preferred benefits/upgrades) regardless of where it was booked.

ludocdoc May 13, 2010 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 13946570)
Where did you book this - UA.bomb or Orbitz/Expedia? Curious why you couldn't get your US FF# in the reservation.

If you get your US FF# in there, I would guess you'll probably get DPQM's on the US segments. I base this on the fact that preferred upgrades work when booking codeshares on US metal (even though the website says that shouldn't happen). I'm guessing their backend code isn't developed enough to realize you didn't book it with a US flight number and won't know the difference.

It was a vacation routing, open jaw, from PVD to JAC and back BZN to PVD. The outbound is 2 US flights ticketed as UA, connecting to a Frontier (?YX/F9 I think it is) flight DEN-JAC; the return is all UA metal. Ticketing all on UA was way more expensive, so I had to go off the main site. Orbitz had it, but I get a 4% discount through priceline (through Bank Of America's website click through called "add it up"). I've used Add it up/priceline before and its been fine, but I think the mix of UA and Frontier got it goofed up. So it has my US FF number, but lists it as a UA FF number. I've got the US/UA part fixed; the frontier thing remains a mess. I've gotten my upgrades with this before, but only when booking all on one airline, so hopefuly the DEQM will work as well.

Now I'm just hoping that they dont foul up interlining my bags from US to YX at DEN.

Alphaguy May 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by vanduse1 (Post 13873158)
The terms and conditions say you need to book and fly by June 15th. What if I have a trip that starts on or before June 15th but the return is after. Will that give me double miles for the segments before June 15th or does the entire trip have to be within the time window?

Any help is appreciated.

So if I book the PHL-MUC flight that leaves on the 15th and arrives on the 16th, I should get double miles for that segment?

I have a work trip and since its a good chunk of miles, I can leave early.... always wanted to see MUC!

sistertodd May 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Any PHX MR's?

Is anyone doing a PHX MR for this promotion in the next week or 10 days? I have some unexpected time off work and can't find any decent fares, wondering about routes that might be attractive.

Sheri

ffI May 25, 2010 6:35 pm

You have to call United and ask them to put your US number in the reservation as the FF number for points earning.
It will then print out your US number when you check in.
Also I thought it had to be bought with the US mastercard to qualify?

ludocdoc May 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by ffI (Post 14022884)
You have to call United and ask them to put your US number in the reservation as the FF number for points earning.
It will then print out your US number when you check in.
Also I thought it had to be bought with the US mastercard to qualify?

US and UA have been helpful -- I've got my US number on both. Now just hoping for an upgrade since cant tell if priceline really booked this as a UA codeshare on US metal or what. Now if only I could get YX to let me pick a seat and be sure I could check in online.

As far as the mastercard, I dont have one and my other flights this month have posted the DEQM bonus -- it even doubles the 500 mile minimum, not actual miles flown.

tommyleo May 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by sistertodd (Post 14022845)
Is anyone doing a PHX MR for this promotion in the next week or 10 days? I have some unexpected time off work and can't find any decent fares, wondering about routes that might be attractive.

Sheri

I've been looking to do a MR from PHL. I've found nothing particularly cheap from this hub either. Well, at least I'm going to LAX this weekend to visit friends. I booked it several weeks ago and it was $339 a.i., which isn't bad for a nonstop to LAX (plus, I'm ug'd to F on the departing flight ^) for a short vacation while also earning double PQM's.

neotope May 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by sistertodd (Post 14022845)

Sheri

If I had the time and I was exiting PHX I would do a MR to BDA. I found some nice options for around $452 a/i.

They have PHX-DEN-PHL-BDA routings or you could even route through BOS-PHL but that seemed a bit more expensive.

PHX-DEN-PHL-BDA maps out at around 2945 miles so round trip and then double miles would be 11780. I am sure that is not the best option but I would spend two to three nights in BDA and enjoy myself :)

tommyleo May 26, 2010 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Alphaguy (Post 14021681)
So if I book the PHL-MUC flight that leaves on the 15th and arrives on the 16th, I should get double miles for that segment?

Yes. I've taken many LAX-PHL redeyes and the miles are given for the date of the departure, not the arrival.

tommyleo May 26, 2010 9:08 am

I just booked a PHL-PHX-SJC rt for my gf and me, 6/12-6/15. Since I had a companion certificate to burn, the price came to $279/each a.i. -- a nice deal for a getaway to the Bay Area with 10,760 PQM's each to boot. Not a true MR by any means, of course.

nicegirlindc May 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Hello-can't seem to find the exact answer on here for this question so thought I'd post.

I have to travel to Tokyo for work next week for ten days (over the last part of the promo). I am planning to fly:

DCA-PHL-SFO (all on US metal) and then SFO-NRT on UA. Same for the return.
My question is will my miles on the SFO-NRT leg count for this promo even though it's on a UA flight? I ask because when I looked on the Star Alliance webpage it reads US members get 100 percent of miles (whereas ANA was only going to give me 70 percent). What do you think?

Thanks in advance!