Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who post here on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2003, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
PHL:

I hear you and I've heard that before, but I've had surprisingly good luck booking BizFirst on CO. I've been to Hawaii 6 times in the last 8 months and was able to upgrade from V and K fares on 5 of those trips for the standard 17,500 mileage. Plus, I was able to book two standard award tickets for the week between Christmas and New Year's this year. So, I'm sure my luck will run out at some point, but it's been pretty good so far.
Old Jun 29, 2003, 11:38 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JanePond:
&lt;clipped for brevity&gt;

Jane in PHL ( Middle-aged ER/Adult nurse practitioner, woring part time, traveling for pleasure, and working hard this year to make CP without GOM)
</font>
Do you leave off a "k" or an "h"?
Old Jun 30, 2003, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JanePond:
"Overpaidslacker is also an MD, so we are definitely on the board in mass quantities."

If you are on board in mass quantities, how come I never meet you when the call comes out for medical assistance? Seems to happen 5-6 times a year, usually when I am ready for a nap. The last time it happened, I got a letter from USAirways. Never before, not even when I did CPR for 1/2 hour at the gate in PBH.

Jane in PHL ( Middle-aged ER/Adult nurse practitioner, woring part time, traveling for pleasure, and working hard this year to make CP without GOM)
</font>
you know, as much as i fly, i am astounded that i have never heard a call go out for medical assistance in an airport. once or twice, i have seen the medical cart go by, but they have never had a patient onboard and have never seemed to be in much of a hurry.

a good friend of mine is an emergency medicine doctor (my specialty also) at summit hospital in nashville, tennessee, which is the closest hospital to bna. he assures me that they see plenty of volume from the airport -- most of the sentences he utters on this topic include the phrase "bane of my existence".

i'd be happy to help if asked in an airport. my gig seems more like driving up on recent car accidents, though. i've helped out in three such situations in the last year alone.

here's hoping we'll meet under better cicumstances than somebody's cardiac arrest.

-- he who slacks

[This message has been edited by OverpaidSlacker (edited 06-30-2003).]
Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:44 am

Location: Europe - LH Sen; BA Silver; US SPref; *wd Plat, Hilton Gld
Lawyer, working a lot with US clients, going transatlantic 8 - 12 times a year, married, 1 kid, and /USAirways loyalist since the middle of the 90ies, when I did things like weekends in Miami on cheap tickets. And very happy about *A, because I really like the thought of sitting in SEN lounge with US Gold, while all those SEN need to do 150k! :-)
Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by outoftown:
Do you leave off a "k" or an "h"? </font>
ROTFLMAO!

Old Jul 1, 2003, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
agreed gardener, that made me laugh too.

-- he who slacks
Old Jul 3, 2003, 9:02 am

I post here (when I feel the need to say something).

I'm a marketing/event planner for a global information provider. I'm "pretend" married (aka: living w/BF) with no kids. I travel mostly in the Spring and Fall for work and in Feb. (somewhere warmer) and early Nov.(after the mayhem of the fall events) for pleasure. I, stupidly, GOM last year but not enough to give me any status. Now I'm blacklisted from the targetted promotion list. Boo! However, I should have no problems getting preferred status this year.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 11:48 am

Location: Roanoke, VA US CP, Marriott Platinum , HH Gold, UA Prem
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romadaro:
PHL:

I hear you and I've heard that before, but I've had surprisingly good luck booking BizFirst on CO. I've been to Hawaii 6 times in the last 8 months and was able to upgrade from V and K fares on 5 of those trips for the standard 17,500 mileage. Plus, I was able to book two standard award tickets for the week between Christmas and New Year's this year. So, I'm sure my luck will run out at some point, but it's been pretty good so far.
</font>
Old Jul 3, 2003, 7:43 pm

19 from CT, attend Jacksonville University and have flight training with Delta Connection Academy in Jacksonville. Most of my travel is leisure (commute JAX-BDL/PVD) about once a month during the school year. Currently Silver with the best airline out there.
Old Jul 4, 2003, 11:48 pm

Mid-30s, single. I have my own warranty administration consulting business working with dealerships across the country and I'm also the editor of a newsletter.

Prefer to fly out of SWF when I can stomach the Dash-8 ride to PHL and when the prices are reasonable but otherwise fly out of ALB or LGA. Never know where my next client may be so I don't have any regular routes I fly (or drive).
Old Jul 5, 2003, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I"m a short-haul business traveler who operates apartment complexes in the Mid-Atlantic, Ohio Valley, and Southeast. My office is in NJ and I have been using CO heavily for years (always top-tier elite). I've been doing this for more than 25 years and it still hasn't gotten old (altho I have).

I'm at this forum because US comped me GP which induced me to try them out of LGA (I can go to the airport from home in Manhattan instead of from office). Since they have a few extra nonstops to where I go (and upgrading is no longer a factor since everybody uses junglejets where I go) and since their DCA Shuttle service is so superior to everyone else's product, they're getting a lot of my business.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 5:35 pm

&gt;"i am astounded that i have never heard a call go out for medical assistance in an airport."

Actually, a call did not go out. There was a gate change in Pittsburgh and after we all trekked over to the new gate, a woman collapsed. I was helped by some FA's and the EMTs finally arrived. She left the airport with a pulse, so that was good. I never heard anything. I had a bad cold, hope she didn't catch it.

Jane in PHL (no longer an ER trauma nurse; hates the sight of blood and rearranged body parts, as it were.)
Old Jul 16, 2003, 4:28 pm

Sorry for the late entry--I was out of the country with the fam all of June.
I really enjoyed this thread and thought I'd add my info, and hopefully keep it going.
I'm an Event Producer for large corporate gigs. I handle all the media/video/presentations/A/V stuff. I also evaluate potential sites for clients. This enables me to visit some very nice locations and resorts worldwide. Yes, I like my job, very much.
Several years ago when I began flying, only US noticed and sent me a letter, offering something called "Silver" if I flew a few more flights. Because of that letter, they're still my first choice. I've taken some ridiculous connections, just to fly US. (In terms of Marketing, how the mighty have fallen, huh?)
I live in rural Maine with my wife and three kids, splitting my flying between PWM and BOS, US and AA. I lay awake at night scheming how I can make Gold on both in '03. I'm still hedging my bets, but I'm rooting hard for US to make it. I like the people.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 6:11 pm

&gt;"Do you leave off a "k" or an "h"? "

Hmmm

Jane in PHL (thought typos didn't count in cyberspace)

Old Jul 16, 2003, 8:59 pm

I have really enjoyed this thread...let's see...I am a 30 year old FA for one of the WO carriers. Prior to coming to this company, I worked for another Express carrier based in IND. I liked the company and Indy, but could not take the brutal winters. I am married with no children (unless you count the hubby ) and enjoy flying immensely.

I will graduate next summer with a BS in Retailing/Merchandising with a minor in Marketing. I hope to get on with a specialty retailer, having alreay done the mass retailers route and I can't say I loved it a whole lot. I will proabaly quit flying a couple of months to concetrate on my senior year in college unless I can manage finagle a leave out of the company which I doubt. I can't say I will miss the weekly commute from DFW to DAY.

Prior to becoming a FA, I worked in retail as a manger.

I collect airline and aviation memorabiliia. I mainly collect vintige UA, AA, Pan Am, TWA, Eastern and Piedmont/Allegheny and have found some really great items at estate and yard sales. I recently found an authentic pair of TWA wings at an estate sale for 50 cents! Evidently, the woman had been a TWA FA during its heyday and just wanted to get rid of all the airine stuff she had...I bought some really great things from her for practically nothing.

My husband treated me a flying lesson for my birthday last year and now I am hooked! I have started taking flying lessons and I love it. I am probably the only FA that actually enjoys talking shop with the pilots! It's not like I already don't see enough of the inside of an a/c.

Like most of the flyers on this forum, I am very loyal to USAirways and defend the company whenever possible. But I have come to realize that this company does things so idiotic that even as an employee its hard to defend or even comprehend. But I am glad that there are enough loyal flyers that enable me to have a job I love.

Ok, I have rambled enough. This is a great thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.