Wiki Posts
Search

Who post here on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2003, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Who post here on US Airways

Some one started a similar thread several weeks ago on the DL forum and it was interesting to see who the "rats" were. Thought maybe we could steal the idea for here and see who the roaches are.

L4P works for a fairly large furniture (upholstery) company located in TN as a VP of Sales. Fly out of GSO most of the time because the fares are much cheaper than CLT.
Live in NC, and travel 4 to 5 days a week averaging 180 to 200 legs a year on somebody’s metal. Mrs. L4P teaches at the local High School and we have three kids, one at Ga. Tech and two in high school.

I’m now back to flying US almost exclusively unless the fares are just outrageous.

[This message has been edited by longing4piedmont (edited 06-17-2003).]

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Jul 18, 2004 at 3:41 pm
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Manager of Business Development at Fortune 500 chemical company. Fly out of ABE or PHL based on schedule and price. I'm on the road about two weeks a month, mostly domestic with a little Europe. Fiercely loyal to US.

Haven't been targeted for any promotions since Summer of GOM. Suspect I've been blacklisted by BBB. Wife, 2 kids, a dog, a cat, and 2 gerbils.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Lawyer with a small railroad labor firm in suburban Philadelphia. Fly out of ABE or PHL at least twice a month on average. I'm new to F/T but I have been a GP with US for at least 5 years.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Higher education for me.

When I lived in MIA, I gained US "Priority" and then "Priority Gold" when US & BA were linked.

Moved to DC (hometown) and 90% of my travel was pleasure. Still I maintained Preferred, Preferred Plus and then Gold Preferred when the names changed. I moved to RDU with my Gold Preferred status just in time to Get Out for CP status!

And there you are!!!
Old Jun 17, 2003, 8:14 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Electrical Engineer ("chip designer") for IBM. Mostly travel for personal rather than business reasons - can almost always plan FAR ahead and stay over Saturday night to get the 'Roachiest of 'Roach fares.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Work for the largest film/imaging company and have been flying weekly for the last 6 years.

Trying to figure out how many frequent flyer miles it takes to stay home.

Old Jun 17, 2003, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Just graduated high school...attending Columbia University in the fall. I live in Cape Elizabeth, ME (15 mins from PWM) and have parents, 3 sisters, a dog and a cat.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 5:57 am

Currently unemployed but traveled for printer company talking about their line of products. Still do occasional jobs for them. Also managed group of workers in CT,DE,MA and PA.

Widow, mother of 3, two still at home.

In the process of going to sell home and move to FL and get my own business back up and running.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 6:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Tech sales for retail industry. Fly out of DCA (IAD if it can't be helped) approximately 8-10 flights a month. Mainly loyal to US since living in PIT (except for int'l). Almost never get targeted promos, not sure why. Have been Silver or Gold for 4 years on US and Premier on UA for 2.

No kids, no pets, but enough debt to make it seem like I have them.

Old Jun 18, 2003, 7:31 am

Work in publishing. Started with US while in the CAK area. Moved to central PA but still did all my pleasure travel with US.

Business sold in central PA and moved to PHX area. Family stayed in PA for 6 months. Commuted back and forth each weekend from PHX to AOO and traveled for business to LGA frequently.

Have since relocated to SC and still do all my travel with US.

Working hard to maintain GP each year.

[This message has been edited by MikeM6090 (edited 07-22-2003).]
Old Jun 18, 2003, 7:58 am

Location: USAir Chairman's Pref, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, etc...The Beach, NC USA
..hmm. Mike, what kind o' publishing? We seem to have similar travel patterns...
Old Jun 18, 2003, 8:16 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I am a computer consultant who finaly got a contract close to home Won't make Silver again this year
Old Jun 18, 2003, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
28m, emergency medicine physician, finishing residency at vanderbilt (nashville, tn) in six days. took a job in charleston, sc, which begins on july 5.

made cp on a challenge this year, but shouldn't have any trouble making cp this year again the traditional way.

-- he who slacks

[This message has been edited by OverpaidSlacker (edited 06-18-2003).]
Old Jun 18, 2003, 9:34 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Employed by large enterprise software company with US headquarters in PHL suburbs. Nature of my job requires onsite assignments at customers for implementation of our solutions, typically anywhere from 3 to 24 months.

Company requires we travel on lowest available fare, booked only through our company agency(hence, no online booking bonus!). Until recently, business class was permitted on intl. flights if we were going to work upon arrival. But, now it's coach for everyone, no matter how long the flight.

Have been a card carrying US Frequent Flyer since 1988, as I've lived in USAirways territory all my life(PIT and PHL).

[This message has been edited by PHL (edited 06-18-2003).]
Old Jun 18, 2003, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Also in higher education. I live in the northeast but work for an institution in the Rocky Mountain region. I get out "west" at least 8 times a year. Was silver for two years, then gold, and now CP thanks to the "get out more" promotion. Will more than likely maintain CP for next year as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.