Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who post here on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2003, 10:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I'm currently an MBA student in the Netherlands. Before this I worked in technology public relations in SFO; I'm back here as a summer intern working at a software start-up.

I've been flying US regularly since childhood (LEB and MHT were my home airports) and later during days living in DCA. I switched to UA and then NW/CO for my business travel once I first moved to SFO. I have managed to maintain SP and GP status over the past few years thanks to GOM and regular SFO-AMS and AMS-BOS/MHT/BTV/LEB flights over the past few years -- leisure only of course. Burned some UA miles this summer so unless a mileage run comes along, I might not make SP again (unless BBB is kind and lets us only fall one level).

(edited to remove typo)

[This message has been edited by noah (edited 06-18-2003).]
Old Jun 18, 2003, 12:26 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Regional Sales Manager for a major electronics company, specializing in imaging products-thermal printers for digital photography and medical applications. I travel weekly up and down the east coast with a trip on average of every 6 weeks to the west coast and 2 or 3 times a year to the factory in Kyoto, Japan.

I have been a US FF since Piedmont and before, and am rapidly approaching 1 million lifetime miles on US (not that they'd notice).

I still believe despite the efforts of management (an oxymoron to say the least) that the US people are in fact the best in the industry--but as they keep cutting routes and reducing services they are not helping themselves in the long term...

------------------
IT'S THE FARES, STUPID!!

Regards,

Art at ISP
Old Jun 18, 2003, 1:04 pm

Programs: Everyone!
What an interesting thread.

I am an IT auditor/ security consultant at a national consulting company with a wife, two dogs, and some large number of goldfish (do the resident squirrels count?)........as with the consultant life, all travel depends on the clients. Travel could be "week in-week out" for months on end or none for extended periods of time. Very loyal to Hilton and US for travel, but this can be constrained based upon client requirements/ firm requirements to use the cheapest airfare within reason (how much is making me run through 3 connections really worth???? this is the real question to the meaning of life). Went from Gold to Silver this year...and at this point, it looks like I will be back with the common folk next year (and in my opinion, that isn't necessarily a bad thing).
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:14 pm

Location: Somewhere west of the Atlantic Ocean and east of the Pacific Ocean...
Programs: Elite of none; flyer of many
In between high school and college now.. .live in the PHL metro area but my father commutes to the FLL area weekly for his job and my mother and I go down to FLL at least once a month to reduce the amount of commuting he has to make...thats why I am US Silver...Ill be attending CU-Boulder starting in August and probably wont be a silver after this year anymore...

N674UW
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:33 pm

Programs: A shadow of my former self
Definitely a cool idea. I'm 32, work for PBS, travel to our stations around the country consulting on fund-raising and technology issues... especially donor database systems and e-marketing / e-membership / e-mail applications. Started flying US a lot after college, when I served on the school's alumni board and had to fly from IND to IPT (!) to get back to campus. Became Preferred in '98 after I started working for myself, consulting with PBS stations. Moved to DC in 2000 to work at the headquarters. My partner's also a US GP, but he travels mostly for pleasure these days. I'm about half and half.

------------------
AIM: RutherfordMurray
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Molecular biology professor here. Used to consult out of town one day a week plus travel to meetings and symposiums, etc. Cut the consulting travel way back and do most on the phone now. Travel a lot for fun too. Mostly very short (timewise at least) trips.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:42 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
I fix things that other people break in the IT arena. Generally infrastructure related (everything but windows) and the occasional foray into process analysis, when the biz analysts decide that my knuckles have come far enough off the ground... My cat's nickname is "Skymix."

Used to be in PIT (until about a month ago). Now in a suitcase between AMS, CLE, and SYD.

I was a US fan both by necessity (PIT) and choice (I truly believe their frontline people are the best in the business). I now fly $200 transcons in first and $600 upgraded transatlantic flights in Envoy as revenge for the "Summer of BBB." I will drop to GP in 2004 short of a minor miracle, and probably to squat after that.

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.

[This message has been edited by ClueByFour (edited 06-23-2003).]
Old Jun 18, 2003, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Art234:
Regional Sales Manager for a major electronics company, specializing in imaging products-thermal printers for digital photography and medical applications.
</font>
Art, we may be work competitors!! We may need to chat sometime!!

Old Jun 18, 2003, 3:15 pm

Unemployed computer bum (NCC wanted me to move to CLE but no thanks). Travelling/subbing/medical research guinea pig (for Lilly and IU Med Center) since November 1.

Travelled with US since early 90's when I was flying to DCA/BWI.

Always in school (I.U./Purdue @ Indpls).

Old Jun 18, 2003, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IndyDavid:
I'm 32, work for PBS, travel to our stations around the country consulting on fund-raising and technology issues... </font>
So what you are saying is that your commute to work is about eleven seconds and your commute to DCA is about three minutes more?

p.s. I miss DC.

Old Jun 18, 2003, 4:39 pm
DCAview

I'm a reporter at a small news service in Washington, where I fly mostly out of DCA or BWI when I'm heading to a city where US is matching the Southwest fare.

Almost all of my travel is personal, a pattern that began maybe six years ago when I realized that I liked US's LGA-ROC mainline service to get up to college much more than CO's EWR-ROC prop flights.

Old Jun 18, 2003, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
33YO SWF. One dog.

I was born & raised in Northeastern PA (AVP). Grew up with US & Eastern Airlines. My father actually had a lifetime membership with the Eastern Club -- talk about bad investments!

I work for a well-known film company, and in my capacity at work I am also one link in the IFE food chain (can't reveal any more than that, since you never know who's lurking).

I've been a DM member since around 1987. I achieved silver status in '02, thanks to a DM Visa double preferred miles promotion. I continued to GOM to achieve gold for 2003, and will most likely achieve gold again for 2004. I've also been flirting with the idea of joining the US Club, and may do so next week if Terminal 1 at LAX is as uncivilized as it normally is in the early AM.

Old Jun 18, 2003, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Starwood Gold
Consultant for a Online Information provider. Just made the switch from AA to US (major change in travel paterns) and just made Gold Preferred. Usually on the road 5 days a week. Starwood Platinum.

Grew up flying on some of the classics that no longer exist: Republic, Eastern, Piedmont, & Peoples Express.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 5:46 pm

Programs: US CP; Hyatt Platinum; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
Mid-30's, married (traveling helps with that!) with two boys and a female kitty cat. Currently, I am a Sr. Clinical Projects Manager with a pharmaceutical company that is based in the Boston area but I work regionally from my home, a few minutes from Raleigh, when I'm not traveling. I used to fly internationally about 4 times a year but now I am happily flying domestic routes to the NE and Midwest to the tune of 100-110 segments a year.

I took an AA detour during the first half of this year but have returned to US (guess I can forget CP in 2004 but Gold will do). I usually lurk around here. Hobbies: love to read, enjoy a good glass of chardonnay, a little jazz and the company of some close friends!
Old Jun 18, 2003, 6:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
I'm a Systems Engineer for a Defense Company (armored vehicles - but not the M1 tank) living in South Central PA. Occasional travel to offices in MN and CA. I'm Hilton Diamond but am struggling to maintain Silver on US - many more nights than flights... US is officially a "preferred carrier" but we lost our corporate discount this year due to significantly reduced travel on US post 9/11. I usually fly UA (by choice) due to the fare differential and get US miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.