Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car Rentals [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: US,PC
Yes,

I think metoo's option is really good since that what people has been looking so far and the price is very good too.

Good job metoo.

Dracs
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:33 am

[QUOTE=dracs;17317633]Yes,

I think metoo's option is really good since that what people has been looking so far and the price is very good too.

Good job metoo.

Thanks very much..For those who I gave the information to, if the person at the HLE office I gave you doesn't answer the phone, your call will be routed to the General Reservation desk so best to not inquire about this with whoever answers the phone at hertz headquarter.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by metoo
..your call will be routed to the General Reservation desk so best to not inquire about this with whoever answers the phone at hertz headquarter.
uh oh, better get in on this quick, somebody is going to screw this up...
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by booyaa
Hope not . I remember someone screwed up on the "no show" hotel. Too expensive for me for hotel "hit" and not really going anywhere

Just got my Hertz E return receipt for my "no show" today....Yipeee!!!!
I feel good i can help because many have helped me out alot for my 1st U.S. Airways Grand Slam
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Cheap Rentals

I tried using the Amex CDP code on the different rental car companies. I'm looking to rent a car in MCI and ORD to get the hits.

How do you guys get the sub $20 ai rentals? The best I could do is $30. Is it just the airport location? PHL seems to have great deals on rentals.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by dracs
First option was ruled out where I use my card but give license,FF# for FT folks. He suggested driver license and card should match.

Second option , where My friends rentin/out and give somebody else's FF# , he is trying to cross check and let me know.
And that dear Watson, might me the manager screwing up "helpfully" cross checking too much.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: US,PC
Hertz guy, probably is not going to ring a bell up there as he is sensible fella.
May be just taking time so that he doesn't get into trouble. He used the words" don't wanted so many irritated people"

He also asked me how many we need to do... I said SO MANY.

At the end of day, I guess it is more of trust thing for him, me he can but for others he is probably concerned.

Dracs
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
In case it hasn't been mentioned, Alamo Insiders has a $15 weekend rate right now. However it requires keeping the car Sat. overnight. I tried already to check the car in and out on Sat. and it changed the rate.
Or a helpful desk clerk can work magic for you. A short while ago I did a no-touch rental with Alamo for the 4th consecutive weekend.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
^
Old Oct 22, 2011, 3:58 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
My one rental, so far, listed my US # without the '50 miles awarded' on the receipt. The miles posted just fine.
Same experience here.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, SPG
Last Minute Alamo Rate

Currently, there is a last minute rate of $11.95 at DAL. Does anyone know if that rate is eligible for miles? I am hesitant because my last rental was ineligible. Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Info on AVIS posting

dup sorry
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Info on AVIS posting

has anyone done an Avis rental and if it posted which date did Avis use the rental date or the turn in date

Im at the end of a 2 week rental (Overseas) and the back light was hit and broke = a damage report and they dont close the contract till its fixed and then some. MY CC will cover the cost but Im more worried about it counting as a Hit, and want to be prepared if need be to do a HZ hr rental. If Avis uses the checkout date then I can skip the extra HZ rental

tia
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gypsie
Currently, there is a last minute rate of $11.95 at DAL. Does anyone know if that rate is eligible for miles? I am hesitant because my last rental was ineligible. Thanks.
I did FOUR of the Alamo cheapo rentals at DAL ($12 something with all taxes and fees) and got miles for each one -- they post the following thursday and the Alamo staff is great -- they understand the purpose of the "I just need to check in, don't need the keys" rentals.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by myc2004
I tried using the Amex CDP code on the different rental car companies. I'm looking to rent a car in MCI and ORD to get the hits.

How do you guys get the sub $20 ai rentals? The best I could do is $30. Is it just the airport location? PHL seems to have great deals on rentals.
Be sure to use the $5/off code as well. More important, you need to be in a location that has a very high business-to-leisure traveler ratio. That's why PHL works so well for us. Hertz gets an amazing $100+/day for economy cars Mon-Thurs at PHL. But Philadelphia is not a big tourism destination, so those cars sit on the lot all weekend and Hertz practically gives them away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.