Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car Rentals [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by richinaz
Thrifty posted quickly for me. The day before and after I had rentals from Hertz and I'm still waiting for those. It has been at least a couple of weeks so if nothing posts this week I'll call Hertz. (And, yes I did change my profile to select US Airways as my FF.)
Did you also select US on the reservations page? Just having it in your profile may not be enough.

Did your US number show up on your receipt? Were you charged the FF surcharge on your receipt? If so, then I would expect your miles to post this coming Thursday.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by sc flier
Did you also select US on the reservations page? Just having it in your profile may not be enough.

Did your US number show up on your receipt? Were you charged the FF surcharge on your receipt? If so, then I would expect your miles to post this coming Thursday.
i am in the middle of a hertz rental. i have my US number but i notice that there is no charge of 75c. is it right? i asked the agent when i took out the car. she said that there could be no charge for some airline. now i am concerned.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
i am in the middle of a hertz rental. i have my US number but i notice that there is no charge of 75c. is it right? i asked the agent when i took out the car. she said that there could be no charge for some airline. now i am concerned.
no such thing. you probably forgot to select it properly. But, good news, I have had sucess on numerous rentals, to call Hertz main reservation line after a few days of returning the rental, and they added the number no problem! And I didnt end up paying the 75c....!
And yes, it Has posted to us air...
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
If you are in the middle of a rental, you may not see it on the pre-agreement, but it will show on your final receipt when you return the car if you did it right. So wait till then.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by moebod
no such thing. you probably forgot to select it properly. But, good news, I have had sucess on numerous rentals, to call Hertz main reservation line after a few days of returning the rental, and they added the number no problem! And I didnt end up paying the 75c....!
And yes, it Has posted to us air...
the rental agreement does have my number but it has a T* for the charge as opposed to some dollar amount amount. anways, i will rental later today and will bug them to add the 75c to the rental to save the hassle later. Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:37 pm

the rental agreement does have my number but it has a T* for the charge as opposed to some dollar amount amount. anways, i will rental later today and will bug them to add the 75c to the rental to save the hassle later. Thanks.
T* is correct. 75c will show on final receipt
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
If you are in the middle of a rental, you may not see it on the pre-agreement, but it will show on your final receipt when you return the car if you did it right. So wait till then.
thanks. i will keep an eagle eye on the receipt. this is my 5th rental and pick up another car alamo tonight, then i am all done.
my 4 previous rentals at alamo and thrity all posted properly, this is my mileage earning rental at hertz so i am just slightly concerned if i am doing it right in light of the earlier comment and the missing 75c charge.

just returned the car. 75c is on the final receipt and 50 miles is awarded. thanks.

Last edited by pbd456; Oct 29, 2011 at 9:51 pm
Old Oct 30, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: BD, USAir, BA, Iberia, Hilton, IHG
Any cheap UK rental deals out there?

The best I have found was a 2-day rental from Thrifty at about £35 but it would not accept the extra 1,500 miles coupon code. My US DM no. is in the reservation, though.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I just rented a car in Sydney and returned it 10mins later for $30. My FF says it's listed on file .
I'm going back the next 3 days to do the same. I did use some discount coupons to get the $30 rate is part of the T&C that I can't use any codes or I can't return 10mins later.
I was read got to page 4 saw there was over 50pages long .
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I just rented a car in Sydney and returned it 10mins later for $30. My FF says it's listed on file .
I'm going back the next 3 days to do the same. I did use some discount coupons to get the $30 rate is part of the T&C that I can't use any codes or I can't return 10mins later.
I was read got to page 4 saw there was over 50pages long .
If you change your setup to 40 posts per page you'll only need to read 21 pages.

Cheers.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
If you change your setup to 40 posts per page you'll only need to read 21 pages.

Cheers.

Thank you I appreciate that makes it alot easier
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:19 am

Budget's budget website

Where do you enter your USDM number on Budget's website? Do you have to create a RapidRez account to get miles? I'd rather not store credit card info on Budget's site if not necessary for a rental's miles -- unless I gotta. Enlighten me.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaRoadWarrior
I have made two rentals with Thrifty during this Grand Slam promotion. One of the reservations wasn't listed in my "completed rentals" section of Blue Chip. I had to send an e-mail asking about it. Received an e-mail stating that the missing rental will be credited to my Blue Chip account and both rentals will be credited to my US Airways account.
I don't have a problem getting them to appear in my BlueChip account. That happens regularly within 2 weeks I think. 4 of 6 rentals appeared so far and they show my US number too.

The problem is no miles have shown up and I thought they were faster in the past. I'll just continue waiting 6 weeks and call again. My first return was 9/30 (from an airport). Thrifty says they "applied the miles" on 10/5 which means they sent them to whatever Thrifty department processes miles.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
I apologize in advance but I am going to continue ranting about National.

Rental was 9/15 to 9/18 using US Airways contract ID for triple miles as posted on their website. e-receipt and paper receipt all say US DM # used and sent to US Airways.

3 weeks passed and no miles posted. Called and they said they can't escalate until the 4th week. Called after a month passed and first agent said need to wait 35 days, I was a few days short. I then asked for supervisor, who supposedly put in a request to have the miles followed-up on. All this time, I have sent National CS emails too in regarding this, but they take about 2 weeks to reply to them, and every time they reply, they give the "Our records show you called in and a phone agent assisted you in reaching a resolution" because I have gotten tired of waiting for their response and called in again.

10/30 is the 10-day mark since I called. People reported National takes about 10 days to post. If by then it still hasn't posted, I'm not sure what else to do. UGH!
So apparently with National, even if you had your profile set to earn miles at the time you made your reservation, and the receipt showing you chose miles, etc, you still need to continue having it set to earning miles until the miles post. At least that's what the CSR told me today, he said he can't submit miles request because I had changed preference back to Rental Credits (and that's also why I hadn't received the miles), I changed back to Miles right away and he submitted request.

Makes me wonder what the last CSR did for me if she supposedly submitted request when my preference was set to earn Rental Credits....

Time to wait another 10 days...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:26 am

A friend just got a Thrifty hit:

10/18/2011 11/01/11 THRIFTY CAR RENTAL BONUS 50

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.