Search

Car Rentals [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
is there a god?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by maksimfa
So once again, can I do two rentals the same day and have them credit different Us Airways accounts?
I assume you're asking if the same hertz renter can send miles to 2 different US accounts, possibly with one or both US accounts having a different last name than the renter? Several variables here. It helps to be specific. I'd like to know as well as I'm trying to help out some folks here.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:09 am

Has anyone tried using Hertz points to book for a free rental and then receive miles for it?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:29 am

I may actually try it. Have a flight tomorrow and plan to grab a HLE rental today and drop it off at the airport. Saves me a $50 taxi to the airport and may generate a hit. The 500 points I plan to use were free with the sign up and it seems to work for airport drop off. You do pay taxes / there is a place to select FF# in the reservation. Unfortunately the earliest the rental miles would post is 10/27.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by maksimfa
So once again, can I do two rentals the same day and have them credit different Us Airways accounts?
Off course. different bills for each account is not a problem. I rent 3 on the same day for my family ^
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
Off course. different bills for each account is not a problem. I rent 3 on the same day for my family ^
But using the same Hertz gold acct for no-shows....?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by travelkid
But using the same Hertz gold acct for no-shows....?
No. Different Hertz Gold Accounts for each one
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
No. Different Hertz Gold Accounts for each one
I have been using the same Gold account with no problems, and as an added bonus I will become 5* gold by the end of this promotion.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Correct.

For my wife's account. I was thinking of either having...

1. Another transaction from my hertz account, but have it credit her US Miles.

or

2. Ger her her own Hertz Gold account with her own us airways.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: US,PC
Hertz rental

Hi,

I can possibly get a rate of $17.72 a.i on weekends for hertz rentals for check in check out thing at my airport location without showing up. But this will only work for gold members. Any one interested pm.

Dracs
Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:01 pm

Do they have to be confirmed? My HLE will do the same but the problem is if you are not gold confirmed (e.g. you have not come in to a hertz location once to do a rental) they can't do it. This creates a problem for those without a Hertz nearby for the first rental at a reasonable rate.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:16 pm

HikerT,

Not sure about that part and if, somebody can get their card verified at their location and rent from others.

Dracs
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:34 pm

Okay,

I forgot to add , the rate would need to be adjusted from what is online.

I am personally going to airport right now. So if any body had lined up reservation for 7pm and 7.30 pm . Let me know on email address sent or PM.

Would be really helpful, if people are online for coming hour or so, in case I need to pass some information.

Dracs
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
Do they have to be confirmed? My HLE will do the same but the problem is if you are not gold confirmed (e.g. you have not come in to a hertz location once to do a rental) they can't do it. This creates a problem for those without a Hertz nearby for the first rental at a reasonable rate.
I have found a location where they will do the first no-show gold rental for you as well . I had to repeat the license number and credit card number over the phone. The cost was about $25 on a weekend. I don't feel comfortable posting their info here, but PM me if you want it.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:26 pm

sorry folks(Please accept my sincere apologies)

there is some problem with the worked out scheme.There was some misunderstanding.Sorry for raising false hopes.

dracs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.