Wiki Posts
Search

Car Rentals [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ProfNapalm
Good morning !

Did anybody yet try to combine the "One Two Free" National promotion with the US GS?
I'd love to do 6 2-day (consecutive) rentals while I'm on a business trip. Meaning returning one car and picking another up on the same day.. will this cause any problems or did anybody experience any before (being as crazy as me) ?
Combining 1-2-Free while earning US miles is reported to work in the National forum. Consecutive back to back rentals at the same location should be combined into one rental per National T&Cs. Would you have the luxury of switching pickup locations for each rental?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tommyleo
It actually worked for me on a Sunday MORNING rental. The key seems to be to end the rental in the morning. For example, reserve the car from 9AM to 10AM on a Sunday, and the PC might work.
Hmm, and it worked for me on a 12:30 to 12:45 pm reservation on a FRiday.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
As much as I would like to oblige, I think compiling all the different codes (& trying to sort through reports on what works or doesn't) is more than I have the energy to take on.

If someone else wants to take up that particular cudgel, I'm happy to link from post #2.
Sure, please link to post 296. I will update it with the latest info.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
It actually worked for me on a Sunday MORNING rental. The key seems to be to end the rental in the morning. For example, reserve the car from 9AM to 10AM on a Sunday, and the PC might work.
depending on the timing it works thurs-sun
Old Oct 12, 2011, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Combining 1-2-Free while earning US miles is reported to work in the National forum. Consecutive back to back rentals at the same location should be combined into one rental per National T&Cs. Would you have the luxury of switching pickup locations for each rental?
National and Alamo, for consecutive rentals, count it is one rental.
You need 24 hour gap between each.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Hertz combining rentals

If I book 2 seperate one day hertz rentals one day after another can I keep the car for 2 days and get 2 hits? Or would a return be required to get the second hit?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by stallion114
If I book 2 seperate one day hertz rentals one day after another can I keep the car for 2 days and get 2 hits? Or would a return be required to get the second hit?
Unless you can somehow convince the agent to do this for you, it will not work.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:52 pm

Unless you can somehow convince the agent to do this for you, it will not work.
Yea, you have to have the car there for them to physically close the contract and open a new one.

I tried it.

Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
bummer, I figured to good to be true.

Would either of these work?

-Use $50 Hertz cert from Marriott promo and earn miles (even though it says you dont)
-Combine a free day that I have with hertz or national with a paid rental without checking back in?

Thanks for the help guys.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Unfortunately there is only one station at the airport in Detroit.. so to be shure I would have to switch in between 2day national, 1 day xxx, 2day national.. ?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:18 am

Anyone get a Hertz hit today from the 1 hour NYC rental? Did your receipt show the 50 miles message?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Can anybody tell me what car rental company that is likely to be? It seems that it overflowed the field, and thus left out the company name!

10/4/2011 10/12/11 SAN DIEGO-LINDBERGH INTL,CALIF, ,SAN DIEGO ,US , 50

The reason I ask is that I had Alamo and Dollar rentals on consecutive days. And both have the same activity date! The Alamo rental posted properly (with the return date as the activity date). But then the above line posted, which I assume is Dollar, but it posted with the pick-up date, rather than the return date. Any thoughts on if two rentals with the same activity date will both count for hits?

Last edited by hobo13; Oct 13, 2011 at 10:34 am
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:33 am

You don't know who you rented a car from? I don't think it really matters since you only get 1 hit / day.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by hobo13
Can anybody tell me what car rental company that is likely to be? It seems that it overflowed the field, and thus left out the company name!

10/4/2011 10/12/11 SAN DIEGO-LINDBERGH INTL,CALIF, ,SAN DIEGO ,US , 50
I believe that Dollar posts looks like that.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HikerT
You don't know who you rented a car from? I don't think it really matters since you only get 1 hit / day.
See revised post. The problem is that Dollar and Alamo posted for the same day, despite being on back2back days.

Argh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.