Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car Rentals [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Originally Posted by beltway
I don't recall seeing anyone mention that most of the car rental partners have special offers up for discounts and/or extra miles. See http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...iles/cars.html

Alamo is giving the best offer...500 miles for one day rental.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
rental newbie question for Hertz: do I have to use the US Airways CDP in order to get DM miles credited and count as a hit?

Or as long as I choose US DM as the Frequent Traveler credit I'm fine?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
rental newbie question for Hertz: do I have to use the US Airways CDP in order to get DM miles credited and count as a hit?

Or as long as I choose US DM as the Frequent Traveler credit I'm fine?
You're fine with just choosing US DM, as long as your DM # appears on your contract receipt.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by NewArrival
You're fine with just choosing US DM, as long as it appears on your contract receipt.
Ok thanks, I will double check that. The AMEX Plat CDP gives me weekend day $25 a/i (after using the underage waiver coupon) at the HLE near my house (ROC).
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Any regular Hertz/Avis/etc rental will count as a hit.
Avis and Budget non-airport locations will NOT earn miles and will NOT count as a hit. Exceptions may exist, but this is the norm for these two brands. See the note at the bottom of this page:
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...navId=T5M17S00

Non-airport locations for other participating brands should be fine.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:27 pm

has anybody under 25 had any success in getting the surcharge removed for renting/returning at the same time? I'm guessing not, but since I'm not going to be driving the car it seems like it's possible depending on the agent. This seems like an easy way to get some hits, but the $15 surcharge kinda kills the value of it for me. I'm looking at Hertz HLE locations
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:01 pm

Did you try this to waive the fee?

Hertz Now Rents to 20 Year Olds! Save Up to $25 a Day

The terms say you can't combine with any other certificate, voucher, offer or promotion but I'd think it would combine with a CDP.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Since I'm 24, there's always a 25$ or so fee tacked on to each rental for me. Is there any problem with a family member actually doing the rental if I'm present and paying and providing my DM account?
Same question (though, sadly, I'm over 25) Can my wife rent the car, but I pay for it with my CC and have my DM number on the contract?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by virtuo0
Alamo is giving the best offer...500 miles for one day rental.
Does the T&C state it requires Saturday overnight though? Making it only 500 miles for one-day if it's on Saturday.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Originally Posted by savekenny
Does the T&C state it requires Saturday overnight though? Making it only 500 miles for one-day if it's on Saturday.

Do it from here. This doesn't say anything about Saturday.

http://shopping.usairways.com/Cars/default.aspx
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
Did you try this to waive the fee?

Hertz Now Rents to 20 Year Olds! Save Up to $25 a Day

The terms say you can't combine with any other certificate, voucher, offer or promotion but I'd think it would combine with a CDP.
Yes I stopped in at my local Hertz HLE and had them pull up my reservation for this weekend. They saw my AMEX Plat CDP and the PC144314 (underage waiver) coupon and said should be no problem. Will know for sure on Friday. They will also allow me to "rent" without being present or taking car off the lot from second rental onwards, since #1 Club Gold has everything on file. Came out to be $23 a/i. I've booked, for me and my gf, 6 weekend one-day rentals each from this weekend on all the way to end of October for this rate.

Glad the underage waiver coupon is extended till Jan/2012, it was originally set to expire at the end of this month.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Not 100% sure until the first sweep next week starts posting miles. However, the receipt clearly shows 50 US miles are generated from the hourly rental. I only do one rental per day. Will post back to confirm whether these count as hits.
I tried a few locations in NYC and it was coming up alot more then $15 ai, can I ask which location did you do the pick up from

ABE (Allentown,Pa Airport) a car can be had for $19.68 - 20.29 but then theres the gas to get out there, wasnt too bad last year as I was able to do 5 all at once, which is a no-go this year so getting to DT NYC is alot easier and cheaper, and I have 4 rentals anyway so just short by 2
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by booyaa
Yes I stopped in at my local Hertz HLE and had them pull up my reservation for this weekend. They saw my AMEX Plat CDP and the PC144314 (underage waiver) coupon and said should be no problem. Will know for sure on Friday. They will also allow me to "rent" without being present or taking car off the lot from second rental onwards, since #1 Club Gold has everything on file. Came out to be $23 a/i. I've booked, for me and my gf, 6 weekend one-day rentals each from this weekend on all the way to end of October for this rate.

Glad the underage waiver coupon is extended till Jan/2012, it was originally set to expire at the end of this month.
Not working on the website, so I'll have to stop in...unfortunately Hertz is $10 more than the other competitors...but I'd rather rent cars than throw away my hotel points
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:35 pm

Anyone who lives in Orange County CA, you can rent the cheapest car with weekend rate of $22.72 including taxes per day. Need to pick up from John Wayne Airport.

Can I use a coupon code for this?

If i take car out in the morning on Saturday and return in the late afternoon or evening, is it count as One day and I will receive a hit?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Not working on the website, so I'll have to stop in...unfortunately Hertz is $10 more than the other competitors...but I'd rather rent cars than throw away my hotel points
On the website it will still show the Age Differential fee after you add in the PC, the fee is only taken off either when you go get the car or when they close the rental agreement, so I'm told.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.